No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanx girls- yep gym on the boat and pool, spa, running track etc.....I need a jolly good slapping really. I am just not motivated to do much at all these days. Never mind I will bounce back- always do !!!!!
    The cruise is from Sydney to New Caledonia to Vanuatu and then return Sydney. Georgia has had a few apnoea attacks before she left hospital, and I am convinced that it is related to feeding. I shouldn't say it, but daughter number one produces milk like an old cow !!!!!!! So I think Georgia was drowning a little and then having difficulty breathing. I suggested to feed only on one side, per feed, and since then no more attacks - thank goodness, but I am a worrier, so the bigger and stronger that our wee poppet gets , the better.
    Anyway guys I am rambling - as I usually do.
    Best carry on packing. Please take care all you good people, my love to you all
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Hi guys, I am nearly back. Just sitting in Sydney airport waiting for our flight home to nouvelle zealande. Have had the most amazing time away, am feeling so refreshed. DH is also well rested and ready for a new day!!!!!!!
      Have just had the most horrendous experience at Sydney airport going through security. The electronic thing went haywire as I stepped through, so I was sent back to remove my jewellery, shoes, scarf AND my over dress. I felt so humiliated, and wasn't prepared to strip off in front of all these people. However the female security guard was so nasty to me I ended up in tears. I didn't remove my over dress in the end. It was just horrific. Anyway DH unbeknown to me, has just got back from complaining to the big chief. While he was complaining apparently this woman came over knowing full well that she had gone way over the top of being reasonable. Anyway no one noticed my metal knitting needles in my handbag, so look out everyone on our air nz flight - I am gonna be drunk in charge of knitting needles......... And some wool!!!!!!!!
      Hope you are all well, and once again profuse apologies for not being around
      G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma, I don't know what to say first. That is so dreadful about your experience with security, I cannot believe they were so horrible to you and I hope your dh gave them a piece of his mind!!! Unbelievable that they didn't notice knitting needles in your bag on sending it through all those checks (should you really have had them???) Anuyway, I hope that you can put it all behind you and remember only the wonderful holiday, so good to have you back safe and sound, soon you will be seeing all your beloved family ad especially that precious new grzndbaby. Luv A. xxx
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Annie, thank you - yes both DH and the big chief gave her a Sally up, I wish I had been there to see it!!!!!!
          Very naughty to have forgotten my knitting needles, however wasn't too concerned if they were taken off me because I have many more sets at home. Am happy to knit on the flight home thou, so yay for me.
          I cannot wait to see all of the kids, and grand kids, and especially my weeny poppet. She had grown so much in the last couple of weeks.
          Hope you are not too cold near your beautiful mountain. I am told to wrap up warm when we arrive in NZ!

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma!!!!

Wonderful to hear from you xxxxx
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• thank you Badger, xxxx. I am so hoping that all is well over yonder. I am needing a truck load of days to catch up with everyones lives. Maybe best to just slot back in and enjoy the now !!!!!!!!
              A few of the passengers were saying that things have been a wee bit chilly over Melbourne way.
              I hope its warming up ! Arrived in CHCH late last night and it was rather chilly, and we have just had a hail storm. BBBBbbbbrrrrrr
              I am sure that I will get used to it, however I had best get the fire going !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• image.jpg
                Hi guys, just thought I would pop in and show you my gorgeous little Georgia. This is her at 1 week old lying on the first quilt that I have made. ( am loving this quilting !!!! A wish I had learnt 20 years ago)

image.jpg

And this is my baby last week at 5 weeks. So incredibly cute !!!!! However I am extremely biased !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Hello, hello, hello!!!! Gwamma I hope you are well, it's been very very quiet without you. I would so love to see your gorgeous little Georgia and her lovely quilt but the attachments are pending approval. GRRRR. I will have to be patient.

Meanwhile, bestest best wishes to you and the whanau xx
                  Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Oh now I see her and she is totally totally precious. What an alert we button she is, it looks like she is reading her own name at one week of age!!! Just beautiful.

The quilt is stunning, it will be a keepsake forever, I cannot believe that is a first effort. Amazing work, G.
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Bonnie baby! Also, bonnie quilt

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                        Bonnie baby! Also, bonnie quilt
                        But I thought her name was Georgia....

Very nice quilt... and an adorable little girl....

Comment

• Dear lord, Yanks do not get 'bonnie' and with my gyppo heritage I shall re-introduce it to the world for, lo, 'bonnie' is a very useful word. So, bonnie is a non-gender-specific assessment of beauty/well-formedness/attractiveness.

Bonnie Prince Charlie
                          Bonnie baby
                          You are bonnie

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                            Dear lord, Yanks do not get 'bonnie' and with my gyppo heritage I shall re-introduce it to the world for, lo, 'bonnie' is a very useful word. So, bonnie is a non-gender-specific assessment of beauty/well-formedness/attractiveness.

Bonnie Prince Charlie
                            Bonnie baby
                            You are bonnie
                            I've watched "Highlander".... I know what bonnie means... I'm just being my normal obtuse smart arse.. lol

Comment

• Gwamma, the pics finally showed up. Beautiful baby!
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Oh guys it's so nice to share my wee bambino with you all. She is the most placid sweetest wee thing. Had to fly to ashburton emergency department last night - as in 1.5 hour trip....in the car.......
                                K. Becos poor wee maxwell s temp had spiked to 40 . 2 degrees. Far too high for Gwammas liking. Anyway to cut a long story short he might have been brewing something nasty within his wee deformed ear, smelled really bad, or it could have been a wee urine infection ( litmus test showed a wee infection) or maybe something else. Anyway Gwamma got to play with the baby...... Wee maxwell thought that the ambulance ride was great fun, and of course once you arrive at the hospital wee people bouce off the walls As if nothing had ever been an issue in the first place !!!!!!
                                I remembers when I. Had our third child, I got an infection in my broken waters, wee Anthony was 24 weeks gestation, anyway my temp was 41 or something like that, the rigours were horrific, and apparently I nearly died. Had to have the. Wee man vaginally becos a Caesarian at that stage of gestation would have ruined me for life.
                                The point I am trying desperately to make is this.... If my wee grandson had had a temp of 40+ he would have been a very uncomfortable fella indeed !!!!
                                "............so I got to play with the cutest wee thing, the drove all the way home, arriving about 1.15 am !!!!!!! The thing we do !!!!!!

Anyway youse fellas, hope you are all good.
                                My love to you all
                                Me x

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X