No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heya G!! welcome back. did you have fun? the weather turned out not so bad in the end too. howling a gale at the beach this morning. it was like climbing up a sand waterfall going up the beach and falling down it coming back. i did half of it like a pantomine horse with the dog hiding in my hunting jacket. and he is way too big to do that gracefully lol

funny phrases. my english neighbour took an actual plate somewhere once. too funny. last sentence #10 i totally disagree with. outside impression for sure. like the way we say we are a clean green country but yeah nah generally we are a bunch of stressed out bunnies!!! i think too alot of the no 8 fencing wire fixing attitude is historical as there was nothing else so they had to. the old farm boys definitely are good at that. they just do it as there was no one else to and no one to tell them they would be able to. nowadays not the same at all.

Comment

• Hiya Seas,
      absolutely the best trip EVER !!!!!!!!
      I am so sorry I missed you in Dunedin, but we got away to avery late start on the saturday. Finally reached Dunedin and stayed at the scenic circle in the most comfortable beds. I couldn't believe the amazing sleep that I got!!!!!
      On the sunday morning, three boats went in convoy to Gunns camp, which is 1.5 hours past TeAnau. We stayed there in primitive camping huts, coming together for our meals.
      Next morning we were on the river to meet the helicopter, 6 boats in all. The helicopter arrived and set up the system for lifting the boats down the waterfall. Turn around between each boat was about 3-4 minutes. AMAZING !!!!!! And really incredible to see our boats disappearing, while swinging under a helicopter.
      I nearly wolfed my cookies when it was my turn to be dropped down the rapids. I absolutely hate the dipping and diving that helicopters do !!!!!!!
      Anyway we had three nights n the Alabaster hut, and met some really fantastic people. There were 14 of us, and during the day we boated the lakes and rivers. One run we went out to sea. That was amazing.
      One night a group of north Island trampers arrived, and a couple of them were horrid. There were not enough beds, and this woman kept going on about - lets see your hut tickets !!!! well of course we had our tickets, but she was horrible. I won't mention which tramping club they were from.
      I - of course - got the gastroenteritus bug whilst in there, not preddy using a stinky hut toiklet to ablut at the best of times......let alone when the vomitting and shits hit !!!!!!!
      nevermind, I spent about 40 odd hours in bed, and am only coming right today - and thats 3 days down the track !!!!!!
      Anyway guys, it really was an amazing adventure and well worth the time travelling etc.....

................and I so hope you all had a fantastic Easter and Anzac weekend........lest we forget !

G x
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma, I missed you. How was your adventure??

These sayings are great, I love them all, especially the last one. Thanks and hopefully some of our followers here will now understand a little more about us xx
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Annie, thank you. I really love some of those sayings too, and some not so much !!!!!!! I have also had people turn up at mine with a plate !!!!!! nothing on it wondering what on earth !!!!!!!!
          I think that the next saying on the list would have to be - nek minute !!!!!!!! althou that is possible universal. I am hoping all your adventures are going well
          G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Oh G, so sorry you got sick on your trip, but it sounds like the most wonderful adventure was had,nevertheless Pix??
            Welcome back!
            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• sorry Annie, I am not the best photographer this side of the black stump, and of course "the boat" is not where DHs good camera should be.
              I think some of the others may send some piccys, so I will await their arrival !!!!!!!!
              FROST !!!!!!!! wow winter is nigh !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• No, no, no that's far too soon. You can keep your frost, we'll have a bit more autumn up here thankyou very much.
                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• met service is mentioning frost this week. i prefer frost to all these strong southerlies and rain we are getting today. much easier for us all to get outside and much better for all the animals who have to live outdoors.

i need a camera as my phone isnt the best but here is my latest pic. so gorgeous. he is almost 1 now so is still growing

Comment

• he is certainly one cute wee dog Seas.
                    had an ultrasound on my shoulder yesterday. Its just not getting better, and they discovered that I have an inflamed burser, and a small tear on one of the ligaments surrounding the shoulder. So back to the physio today, and then on down to Mayfield to get my wee grandy ! He is coming to stay for a few days. Should be fun !!!!!!!
                    Hope everyone is coping in this rain. It was so heavy overnight - kept me awake.
                    Everything is saturated, however lets be thankful that I am not caught down in fiordland on the hollyford river !!!!!!!!!
                    have the best day
                    G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Yes, let's be thankful for that, G!

Too bad about your shoulder though, here's hoping physic will help. Have tons of fun with your little one
                      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• G get into the gelatin and the vit C. Gelatin helps with ligaments and that sort of thing and vit C also helps with inflamation. when it is a bit better, clubbell to strengthen the whole area. you can also do all sorts of prehab stuff with the cable machines at the gym which are awesome fun. not much going on here. school hols. work and rain. freezing running the dog this morning. fading fast and it is only 9 am!!!

Comment

• Hello, been on holiday - sorry for late reply. You're stats are impressive NZcaveman henry - 12kg in 9 weeks!

I'm based petone, hopefully some more wellington people will come out the woodwork...

Comment

• Hi seaweed, i'd like to enter the Oct NABBA comp but i'm breastfeeding at the moment and hubby isn't too excited about the idea. Thinking I'll enter next year. Going to Auckland in July to see a friend compete.

Also would looove the apple crumble recipe

Comment

• the recipe says this below. we just sliced apples up and then you put them in a pot with a few tbsp of water and some cinnamon and cover and simmer for a little while. or prepare however you like. i quite like to do them with lemon rind, cinnamon, butter, honey and lemon juice and simmer covered. or just grated on the slicer bit raw with cinnamon for a different effect too.

pile the apples into the dish. then we did the crumble as per the recipe and used approx 1/c of GF flours ( rice and tapioca altho i reckon you could add in some coconut too.

•sliced apples 500g
                              •half a cup plain flour
                              •65g butter, cubed
                              •1/3 cup sugar
                              •half a tsp cinnamon
                              •1/3 desiccated coconut
                              1. Heat oven to 180C. Place diced apple in an ovenproof dish.
                              2. In a bowl, rub butter into flour with your fingertips, or process in a food processor to look like breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl and stir in sugar, cinnamon and coconut.
                              3. Sprinkle crumble mixture over apple and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until topping is crisp and golden brown. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
                              Tip: Use just your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour so the heat from your hands doesn’t melt the butter.
                              Tip: The crumble mixture should look like soft fresh breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit.
                              Tip: You can use other fruit, such as canned pears, stewed rhubarb or frozen berries, in place of the apples if preferred.
                              Check at 6:00 and if not done check at 6:06 then at 6:10 then at 6:16 then it should be done.

Comment

• Yum! Thank you will try it tomorrow night and let ya know how I get on.

Comment

Working...
                                X