No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Yogi - we have so got to meet up !!!!!!!

I have been prmal since july 2012. However I have gotten better - as in sickness, but the weight loss eludes me !!!!!! too much yummy food !!!!!!
    I have just joined the hunters/gatherers meetups group and had an awesome BBQ at mine. Shame I didn't connect with you earlier !!!!!!
    we so have to do coffee at some stage. Do you go to the mitre 10 gym ?????
    I have just joined an loving it !!!!!!!!

anyway team - huge day in CHCH today.Managed to get some paleo meat from thisnawesone butcher, more packing etc etc etc

will catch you all tomorrow - am a little squiffy !!!!!!! (aka pist !!!!!!!!!!)
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Hope you're safe and warm.
      We got pretty hammered by the storm last night. My poor ducks had the roof of their house blown right off!
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• awwwMisabi - those poor wee ducks !!!!!!
        Its actually pahussing down right this minute.....so I think the storm has hit the south !!!!!!!
        I love listening to the rain on the roof - so off to bed I go
        sleep well all
        G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Do any of you know Luke Bassant he was at a Christchurch meet up

NZ caveman Henry

Comment

• Hi gwamma! Nothing to say, really, but I wanted to pop in and say hello! Sleep well!
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• No i dont know Luke Bassant. G how is the head? I was out very late last night but no booze so i am just getting up and going to take the dog for a run which will be more like a swim in a howling gale. he needs to run so i will have to deal with it. i think btw i have nailed the eating habits. i have been concentrating on the idea sugar blunts cortisol and that most of my eating dramas are caused by cortisol. i have added black molasses sugar to my coffee if i have it on its own without food. i've cut the fat right down. i am having bananas, gelatin, eggwhites and protein powder in a custard for breakfast. still have full fat milk in my coffee. Lots of lean venison. fruit. veges. and i mysteriously no longer feel the need to eat all the time. and back down 2kgs. i am also taking vit C at night. vit B and some silica and stuff for my hair. calcium, magnesium with boron. chromium. and maybe some vitex i think and wild yam when i remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZcaveman henry View Post
                Do any of you know Luke Bassant he was at a Christchurch meet up

NZ caveman Henry
                caveman Henry - hello, I think that Luke was meant to be at mine last sunday - but he didn't arrive - not sure - cos I am a ditsy old thing !!!!!!!

Hello CC - welcome back girl. I so hope all is well with you and the Crabbs of crabb manor !!!!!!
                Seas - OMG what a day - packing packing packing !!!!!!! I cannot believe the day that I have had !!!!!!!!

...........and yes the head is sort of heady !!!!!
                hahahahahaha

...small steps....

Comment

• That's cool he's my older brother and he started me on the path of paleo

NZ caveman Henry

Comment

• score !!!!! I think he was down to come, but i am sure he wasn't here. Maybe next time ??????
                    Are you based in CHCH ????

...small steps....

Comment

• No I'm in wellington where we were born but Luke is at UC studing forestry but he's coming up in the holidays (Anzac weekend + week) so ill talk and stuff since I've only done primal for 9weeks and I've seen and heard the most mind blowing stuff on results and health from the primal blueprint book. I am 15 years old 6,1 and have lost 12 kgs (IN NINE WEEKS)

NZ caveman Henry

Comment

• NZ Caveman Henry, welcome. Wow you are making awesome progress, you are very tall for 15yo, I take it you must also have been heavier than you should have been so congrats on the loss. You are so fortunate to discover this lifestyle already, well done on grasping the concepts and applying them to your life. Grok on
                        Annie Ups the Ante
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Hello - New to MDA forum but been dabbling in Primal/Paleo since 2010. I love it, my body, mind and spirit loves it...but I my taste buds love...apple turnovers among other things.

I'm 30 with 2.5 yr old girl and 4mth boy - I need more energy, which primal living always provides! Keen to connect with people for support (usually go at it alone). Esp those based in Wellington, as would love to start a primal fitness group. Also keen to enter a NABBA body sculpting comp to keep me focused.

Comment

• Also keen to enter a NABBA body sculpting comp to keep me focused.
                            hiya! i think i have mentioned many times i am toying with this idea. it is just the after effects of the extreme cut at the end i am not keen on. however of recent i have discovered the shape class so that is a possibility. apple turnovers you can get around. my middle child makes an awesome GF apple crumble. which is just sliced apples and cinnamon in the middle. Then the crumble is made of butter, sugar, cinnamon, dessicated coconut and a mix of GF flours. tapioca and rice which are both apparently even allowable if you are paleo. if you train who cares about some sugar. i have to say i also love the idea of paleo and ancestral diets but the whole low carb thing really does stuff me up. i am so much better with fruit and tubers and some sugar in my coffee.

Comment

• Are you Kiwi lasses planning on tuning in to 3Degrees tonight at 8.30? They are talking about eating/losing weight eating fat. A girl I follow on FB is featuring.
                              "To keep the body in good health is a duty...otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear" - Buddha.

103.4kg - SW 10 March 14
                              102.3kg - Primal SW 14 March 14
                              101.2kg - CW
                              65kg - Goal Weight

10 Year Wedding Anniversary 11 December 2014. Bring on the hot wife .

Comment

• hi no. i dont have a tv and all that fat did me in. awesome calm still evening here. me and the dog have just been dodging sealions on the beach in the dark which was great fun after a day cooped up inside with children.

Comment

Working...
                                X