No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heya I ended up having to wear a strappy purple silk storm dress and one of my little black Harley jackets as I don't have any decent dressy jackets. all my other dresses were too short or too black and dubious looking. I put my hair up and minimal makeup and wore a pair of sandals. purple toe nail varnish and I stole a bone carving necklace off one of the kids. a single mammoth bone manaia which always looks very pretty. kept the tattoos all covered and i tried to look as conservative as possible without looking conservative. I had buckets of earl grey tea, gluten free sandwiches and scones and cakes so no dinner for me. I didn't have lunch either so I will be fine. maybe not very primal but meh. life is short.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      heya I ended up having to wear a strappy purple silk storm dress and one of my little black Harley jackets as I don't have any decent dressy jackets. all my other dresses were too short or too black and dubious looking. I put my hair up and minimal makeup and wore a pair of sandals. purple toe nail varnish and I stole a bone carving necklace off one of the kids. a single mammoth bone manaia which always looks very pretty. kept the tattoos all covered and i tried to look as conservative as possible without looking conservative.
      Sounds lovely and that last bit is the story of my working life.
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I think the point is I cant look conservative even if I try. there is always something wrong. it is better now everyone and his dog have tattoos. but still. not the easiest look to pull off.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          I think the point is I cant look conservative even if I try. there is always something wrong. it is better now everyone and his dog have tattoos. but still. not the easiest look to pull off.
          I'm cursed with the opposite affliction - no matter how many puncture wounds in my face and how much hair dye, I still look like a nice girl (lady these days, ugh) from the Home Counties.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I made someone's day today . Went to yet another PT at the same gym this morning. He had a page-long list of exercises for me, but first he asked me about my goals. The others had looked at me and assumed weight loss, I think, so no matter what I actually SAID to them, they tried to meet that goal. This time it was a young man, just out of Uni with a nice shiny degree, and he was built like the proverbial brick shit house. He asked about my goals, and I said 'power lifting'. His sweet young face lit up like it was Christmas, lol. I had such a good time!! I did proper deadlifts, and when I told him about my knees he spent ages with me trying different approaches until I got it right - in the end I was lifting 20kg with plates under my heels. I did proper squats with a 10kg bar across my shoulders. I benched 20kg .

He's writing a programme split into chest and legs to do twice a week. There are some core exercises in there too, and a couple of machines to improve my hamstring and quad strength. Woohoo!! I think I'd like to adopt him.
            Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• sexist as it may seem LOL I have always said men are better for training us old ladies!! that is so freaking awesome. way to go!!! the power lifters do have special dead lifting shoes so they may have some heel. I am not sure. Once you have the proper squat going on, the weight will climb a lot. ditto with the deads. there is a female masters 3 power lifter at my gym. masters 3 is over 50s. she apparently started a couple of years back barely being able to bench the bar for 20 reps. the bar at our gym is 20kgs. she now does about 52kgs or so. they do only have to do one lift, but still. pretty impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
                Woohoo!! I think I'd like to adopt him.
                Cute, Jac. But seriously, isn't it wonderful when someone actually LISTENS to what you say? And gets it. Definitely keep him on.

And well done on your workout.
                Annie Ups the Ante
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• bumpity bump. monsoon weather here. I have a very twitchy red dog too. he had to have his dew claws amputated so he cant do any exercise where he may bang the stitches for about a week. consequently we are both climbing the walls. I've even had to resort to doing the kids just dance on the wii. going to potato for 5 or so days in honour of the irish ancestors this week for St patricks day.

Comment

• Poor doggy. No rain to speak of here, but it's a bit windy. Still very warm but from our point of view the cyclone has been pretty much a non-event.
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Finally Blue skies up here again. Irish eyes are smiling
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• my eftpos card got declined getting diesel today so I had to credit card it. short week due to the dog or I would be off having a whisky for the ancestors. I may be able to find enough change or just have a bourbon and pretend. except we didn't go via America LOL

Comment

• No Irish ancestry here, but I did use potatoes tonight on my cottage pie tonight. My main reason was so I would have something to whip my 10-day-old cream into
                          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• I managed to find some money. drove over the hill to the pub and they only had Scottish whisky!!! so potato hack, coffee with calcitrim milk and scotch yesterday. I think they were even English potatoes!

Comment

• Foggy here today. What, fog?? In the Waikato?? Surely not . I guess it begins.
                              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• sunny and warm here which is awesome beyond words. I run into one of the neighbours when I was out walking just now. 32mm of rain yesterday overnight.

Comment

Working...
                                X