No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it was called a club-bell, like paleo charlie avatar. It has a handle above a ball thing ! Actually NO it might have been called a kettlebell - now that I have had a sane moment in between glasses of Pinot noir !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• clubbells look like baseball bats. like the two this chick is holding
      Clubbells! | SloFlo Fitness
      kettlebells look like this
      Why and how to use Kettlebells for Resistance Training : JOHN GRAHAM FITNESS – Personal Fitness Training in Shenzhen, Futian, LouWu and Shekou
      i have the clubbells. i dither about getting kettlebells, just coz, but i prefer my clubbells.
      pass me the pinot noir down the computer please lol i only have aquavit left in the house.

Comment

• thanx Seaweed. I shall have wee look when I get back from Fairlie
        Have the best day
        G

...small steps....

Comment

• feeling like mrs biddlebox today. there was some sun but it is awful cold and windy still. hopefully it has stopped snowing in fairlie. living rural has ruined my love of late snow as i am aware of all the livestock with babies out there in it.
          last day of school holidays. i am gonna go wild tomorrow!

Comment

• Here is Christchurch Which is now lovely & sunny so the dog is about to get a much needed walk after all this rain

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
              last day of school holidays. i am gonna go wild tomorrow!
              sometimes us cavegirls have gotta do the wild thing. Its good for the soul !!!!!
              Fairlie was gorgeous today. Almost topless sunbathing weather !!!!!

Originally posted by Cordof View Post
              Here is Christchurch Which is now lovely & sunny so the dog is about to get a much needed walk after all this rain
              fantastic Cordof. Hope the walk was good. We need to catch up for a coffee !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Fairlie was gorgeous today. Almost topless sunbathing weather !!!!!
                tomorrow if it is sunny, it will be topless sunbathing weather wether it likes it or not! i may even just go for a naked swim as well to celebrate. made an interesting discovery today. my babies really have my dubious southern mediterannean blood lol you know the kiwi love of slow roasted ( aka over cooked )meat which makes it "melt off the bone" ( aka cant really tell which animal it came from very well even ). i always have mine rare in the middle and fast roasted so as the fat goes crispy on the outside and you can tell what it is. well i managed to get the dog out for a run while the lamb was roasting so it got well done and i had turned it down so as it didnt burn. both the kids refused to eat it lol gotta love my babes xx regardless of how much starch addicitons they get from peer pressure, the blood runs thick still.

On the subject of nudity. Check this out! unreal.
                http://www.autoevolution.com/news/na...deo-50477.html
                Last edited by seaweed; 10-13-2012, 10:18 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

• OMG Seaweed - that was amazing !!!!!!
                  When I have a body like that - I will definately let someone body paint me !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• i quite like the yoga element to it as well. and i was impressed they didnt just photoshop the whole thing. and i so hadnt even thought of body painting. maybe later this summer lol

hey did you work out if they were clubbells or kettle bells? the reason i ask in my exhusband is working in chch so i can send him to get me a smaller set if they were clubbells. give him something useful to do too.

Comment

• no they are kettlebells ! and I didn't do any exersize today - no planking, no kettlebelling, no running, walking - maybe a leg over later ?????? LOL
                      no Gwamma - thats being really naughty !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• yes it is sunday too!!! dont worry i did nothing today either except eat and drink way too much coffee again. felt like i was crawling thru treacle the whole day. now what are you planning on doing with your kettlebells? i have only ever used them to do swings and i use them as weights to do lunges so i cant really justify the expense for home.

Comment

• i ate too much chocolate with DS and ended up giving myself a headache and a stomach ache.

Comment

• have you ever read the hungry caterpillar to your ds zoebird? you reminded me of that. my kids all loved it.

gwamma in a twist of synchronicity there are a couple of kettlebell threads in the fitness forum lol i just need a cheap one now off trademe to play with. i still prefer my club bells tho and now school is back..i can walk!!! except this morning it was so windy i nearly got airborne a few times as my hunting jacket is windproof which means it stops the wind.

Comment

• Morning Ladies

Well it looks like the weather didn't improve for the start of our new week - still raining here in NPL, and windy too.

I have a sicky 3yo, so had to start work super early this morning. Hubby will drop her off to me at 11am before he starts work then we only have to hang out here for a couple of hours. I have a few shopping errands to do for work so at least we can get out in the car instead of hanging around in my boring office.

Actually its been a very boring morning so far (probably because noone expects me to be at work until 9.15), so I did a wee bit of retail therapy - Discount Perfume, Skincare & Makeup - StrawberryNET.com (USA) for shampoo, conditioner and night cream, then Home - Pomeroys Coffee for 1kg of coffee beans, then Hazeltree - Home for a new wrap around skirt made from vintage sari fabric. I'd better stop before my credit card gets too exausted!

Gwamma - how much did your kettlebell cost? Do you need two or just one?
                              Seaweed - where did you get your clubbells from?

I'm quite interested in getting me some exercise stuff for home seeing as my friggin toe is not letting me get out and walk/run at the moment. I'll youtube some kettlebell/clubbell rountines at home later (computer at work too slow for youtube) and see what looks good.

Comment

• i got my clubbells from a place called supasport who i think are in both chch and auckland. google them. i rung their 0800 number and credit carded it. the smallest size is 6kgs. i got a pair as the shipping was almost the same for one or two. you can make do with one. bear in mind the 6kgs ones are quite hard to do double arm casts with and i train heaps but i am getting there slowly. if you dont do weights lots, it may pay just to get one and do stuff like barbarian squats and flag presses with it. you can do lots of stuff at home with dumbbells too and you can usually get cheap second hand ones off trademe. my only issue now is i need bigger than 6kg dumbbells and i havent seen any locally on trademe. clubbells are very different to kettlebells and they are very different to dumbbells.

have you tried the decaf coffee from pomeroys lizzielou? i am off retail therapy this month. rates, regional council rates and rego on two vehicles is cramping my style totally lol

Comment

Working...
                                X