Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    my issue with the RS thing is dosing myself up with things that aren't proper food.
    Yep, this. I have that issue with adding gelatin to everything too.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      Yep, this. I have that issue with adding gelatin to everything too.
      We've decided to just let the kids eat Jelly more regularly as a dessert.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• not sure what the resistant starch thing is ??????? and I don't do gelatin. haven't really gotten into any of that, however 6kgs down...... so I will carry on doing what I have been doing for another 24kgs........... then it will be PARTY TIME !!!!!!
        hope everyone is good, and behaving, or not !
        G x
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I get around it by making things that are supposed to be set like mango custard for lunch for example. we're having a run on venison hock stew too right now which sets better than any jelly. problem is there are only 4 hocks per deer. then we have to *sob* eat back straps LOL so yeah, I just eat real whole food, avoid only grains and vege oils, and hope for the best. it all gets a bit too eating disorderly for me otherwise and I need not to be going there.

Comment

• I am with you on that ones seas, however I am finding that if I don't eat too much fruit, I don't get the sugar cravings.
            In the supermarket t'other day, DH picked up a huge bottle of canola oil. I suggested that we SO DID NOT need that in our house, and he insisted because its THE BEST OIL to cook on the BBQ with... I did actually slap my head in frustration......... in the middle of the super market !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• cross posted with you G. 6kgs way to go!!! that is a whole stone. woohoo!!!!!! and of course I am good! you don't get to my age and not be I am noticing too btw since I have been consistently deadlifting, for all of maybe 3 or 4 weeks. suddenly my quads have toned up and have muscle definition big time. they haven't gotten any bigger but just they look longer and leaner. I really do only gym it every week for an hour. granddad was a powerlifter tho way way back. but still. you have to wonder how much of a genetic element is in body building. I also wonder if we, as we still had to walk to school and move for fun when we were little, got better muscle development when we were growing too which makes it easier.

Comment

• DH picked up a huge bottle of canola oil
                furniture polish! you have blonde hair so just spill it by accident. it works with shots so just wait till he is partying a bit and spill it all whilst bbqing. have something appropriate to replace it with behind a nearby bush. I am gaining ground on the vege oil issue as I so don't look my age and I swear it is the lack of vege oils. since I am known to have nefarious habits and I am forever out in the sun, I am starting to get more convincing. plus it really does taste rank. ya know "why does all the food you cook me taste so good"? well doh!!!

Comment

• sadly my DH just doesn't WANT t get it, so I will continue on as i am, and hopefully one day !!!!!!!!
                  we are heading down to boat the Hollyford river at Easter. We are hellicoptered down the falls, and then back up at the end (falls are unboatable). Anyway we have to keep gear to a minimum because we will be in there for 3/4 days. I cannot wait, because I will be taking meat, eggs, sweet potato, a little bit of meat, maybe a few eggs, and a sweet potato or two....... and if I can fit it in I will take some MEAT !!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• I do all the cooking which solves that problem. take a gun and you can probably pot something. you can get a hunting permit online for most DOC areas around there. I think too the guys were hunting very close to there at the weekend. they didn't get anything as the weather was crazy but apparently it is a vast vast area.

Comment

• my dog breeder's husband flies a helicopter around there too.

Comment

• yep i think the boyz and middle daughter (if she joins us) will be taking guns and fishing lines. I am happy cooking on the camp fire ! I have an iron grill that I will be taking but I might also have to take a cast iron fry pan. But all this extra weight !!!!!!! if I lose another 5kg between now and then, thou, then I can stick it in a pocket and no-one will know !!!!! LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• you can cook anything on a camp fire. if you are by the sea, you can use bull kelp instead of a pot. cabbage tree I guess if you are not. your 2 cornered kete making skills would come in handy there. or just roll it in clay and bake.

beaut day here. me and the dog have done the beach and avoided the 5+ sealions who appear to have moved in. I've done the block on my own in the sun too. I made me and the dog some liver for lunch. for some reason it no longer tastes nice so I am gonna have to go back to chicken livers I think and holding my nose while I eat it.

if I lose another 5kg between now and then, thou, then I can stick it in a pocket and no-one will know !!!!! LOL
                          my oldest is hell scrawny. she was flying to Auckland once and her luggage was something like 3kgs over and the air NZ woman was abusing her. whilst this was going on a hugely obese woman who probably weighed almost 3x dd's weight came and checked in to fly. there is no logic!

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            Thanx Badger. I have only noticed this happening over the last week or two. Maybe this clean eating has me more tuned into the old body!!!!!
                            Hi, just catching up with the thread as I haven't been in here for a while. I know exactly what you're talking about Gwamma ... it's been a while and I don't like those mean old flushes coming back. Seems to have calmed down since I started eating a raw carrot by itself every day ... balances the high levels of estrogen in women, children and men, due to our lousy way of eating. Balance Hormones with a Raw Carrot a Day

Comment

• Sounds like an awesome trip Gwamma! And yay for the 6kgs too.

I actually think the RS stuff is more for people who eat low carb?? I eat kumara most days, potatoes and rice sometimes. I don't think I care all that much, and certainly not enough to add a new supplement. I do like the texture of sago, though - could be an excuse to make some with creamy milk and maple syrup (Gwamma, don't read that ). I also tried plantains, which were totally awesome fried in coconut oil and salted. I haven't seen them in our local supermarket lately though. Gawd, anyone think I'm craving carbs??? Exercise has a lot to answer for
                              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Gawd, anyone think I'm craving carbs??? Exercise has a lot to answer for
                                I did it all for several years on ultra low carb. total head control. you know you can do it, so you continue to do it. it does make you realise what you can achieve if you manage to get by like that. sago pudding made like rice pudding is so good. as is rice pudding with aborio rice. and it is still paleo as rice is now paleo LOL I did find a recipe for a rice cake which was gluten free naturally which was effectively cooled rice pudding, raisins, eggs, orange liquer and a bit of zest baked into a cake.

we're still eating our way thru bambi here so as we can fit it all in the freezer. venison 1001. I also finally managed to go for a ride on the hog in my daisys. I have joked about it for years but I had an hour to kill so I went for a ride. no one managed to crash near me so I think no one noticed.

Comment

Working...
                                X