No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't cut my hair off. it's been long ever since I was able to express opinions. In my immediate family, in my generation and my mothers, I am the only female with long hair. I think the man would cry. literally. if I did that as I did joke about it when I went to the hairdresser the other day and he wasn't laughing. he even prefers it out to up. all my daughters have long hair too. mind you the expense I would save on hair products and hairdressers would be phenomenal. is your head cold G?

Managed 120kg glute bridges at the gym this morning. I did my proper deadlifts first. the 120kg glute bridges were wild. 100kg is easy for 10 reps. Full ROM. 120kgs is ok for about 6 then the ROM takes a total nose dive. Next week I will try 110kgs as I reckon that would be a good weight. Saw the body building chicks training too. I have noticeably better arm and leg muscle def than them which goes to prove either genetics or how you are better off going to a good trainer once a week than training on your own all the time and doing a rapid block with a trainer at the end.

Comment

• wow well done Seas. you are gonna rock that competition !

wet day here, lambs shorn yesterday, ewes today, althou wet wool aint preddy !!!!!

I have quite the BBQ happening on sunday lunch, so need to get ready for that - so another day buzzing about pretending to be busy !!!!
      ....................... kittens going today, so looking forward to having my garage back !!!!!

had 1.5 glasses of wine last night and my head - well it just HURTS!!!!!!! that will learn me !!!!!!!!

5kgs down, so thats 1/6th of total weight lost. It hasn't been that hard this time, especially with just eating the meat and veges.
      Yesterday I did find some yummy coconut/date balls (at new world). OMG best little treat EVER !!!!!!!!!!
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• wow well done Seas. you are gonna rock that competition !
        it still has not to be on cheap ski weekend. the things I sacrifice as a mother LOL I have seen the dates at new world. I am not so into coconut but they have almond ones. I've avoided them. I did get some of the pitted ones for xmas and stuffed them with proper marzipan and dipped in dark choc. they were nice. I am sure you could do a primal version and put toasted almonds or make some almond paste with honey instead of the marzipan.

we had a cantering sealion to deal with on the beach this morning. thankfully it was on its own little mission so it cantered right on by. I did notice the dog was starting to hunt at it. he behaved himself but he had his head subtly down and his tail was horizontal and he was snaking in circles around me eyeballing it. quite fascinating to watch and poss my fault as I didn't tell him to stay with me. I just watched to see what he did. I reckon he would have bailed it if it had decided to canter at us unless I told him not to.

how big were the glasses of wine G? 1.5 is not a lot. I would struggle to get that much wine down as I don't really like it but it wouldnt give me a headache. maybe the sulphites of whatever there is as a preservative disagrees with you?

Comment

• DH and I had half a glass each, so not heaps. I haven't been drinking much at all lately, so maybe my body is getting un-used to it !!!!!!

am looking at making a sandbag thing to do some weight exersizes at home. However I might use a wee bit of kiwi ingenuity and make something out of an old bag ????
          where the hell is J ?????? and CC??????

...small steps....

Comment

• google should help you find instructions. I need a proper sandbag but I need lots of other things first. To be honest, it is really just a matter of having something heavy to chuck around in a controlled manner.

So pleased it is the weekend tomorrow. Fading fast here. Hopefully I find bambi quickly on sunday and it doesn't end up down a huge gully that requires the carry heavy things long distances side of things. carry heavy things long distances up treacherous hillsides and ravines even while they drip with blood. I cant take the dog either as the native nettle is still flowering which is very annoying as he is better at finding deer than we are.

Comment

• Good luck with that Seas.
              Have the best weekend

...small steps....

Comment

• Ooh! hair cut! Can you post a pic of a similar 'do so that we can live vicariously? Would love to hack my moptop off, but cannot afford the upkeep.
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanx Badger, i will try and post a piccy when I have it looking spick and span!!!!!!
                  .........but be warned, i am useless with hair !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Morning all, another very chilly autumn morning here.
                    as ever - Gwamma is as busy as a beaver...................... well I do an amazing impression of busy..................
                    Hope you are all good, and have the best day !
                    G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Hope you had a great day gwamma.

Turned out to be a cracker of a day on the gold coast after an overcast morning.
                      Last edited by Misabi; 02-15-2014, 09:17 PM.
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Oh wow Misabi, you are in Aussi. I so hope you are having THE BEST TIME !!!!!!
                        The BBQ went so well. Fantastic company, fantastic food, we had the fire going in the BBQ house as the night became colder........just brilliant!
                        Anyway hope you are all well, and i will report in after my morning gym sess !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Nice, Misabi!!

I've been at a bach in Northland for the last week - it was good, but strangely tiring. Lots of walking, lazing about, sleeping etc. The dog ran onto an oyster bed within a day of getting there, so she has one badly cut paw and several other nicks and bruises. I'm in my last 2 weeks of sabbatical, and ready to go back to work where there are other people around!

I changed my bridges, seas, to the slow up, hold, and slow down - worked heaps better thanks!! I went to make another appt with the PT I liked so much, and she's left!! Dammit, now I have to go through all the first time crap all over again. How dare people have their own lives .
                          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Poor pup, Jac. Hope the paw isn't too sore.

Have you got any antiseptic for it? I use a bright pink one that dries like a powder for my dog's paws.
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                              Poor pup, Jac. Hope the paw isn't too sore. Have you got any antiseptic for it? I use a bright pink one that dries like a powder for my dog's paws.
                              It's looking ok so far - she limps and looks very sad though Are any of you doing the 'resistant starch' thing??
                              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• I do potatoes every now and then but my issue with the RS thing is dosing myself up with things that aren't proper food. I struggle to even pop vitamin pills so the thought of eating spoonfuls of potato starch doesn't do it for me. I can eat gelatin so maybe I should just try. I did used to eat raw oats for years for breakfast with yoghurt and honey and lemon and sunflower seeds and cinnamon. raw oats are full of RS. I was scrawny as in those days.

Comment

Working...
                                X