No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it is the amount of weight you can do a maximum of once with correct form. I am a little bit of a freak tho coz if I can lift something once, as in get it off the ground properly, I can always do it at least two or three times. so I really just use the term to mean the maximum amount I can lift. I reckon I could poss do 140-160kgs there except at 100kgs I can feel the bar again thru the padding so I imagine it will hurt with even an extra 20kgs on top of that. I also need to be able to hold the bar up on my hips to stop it sliding on top of me. the only good thing being since I fit under the bar when it has 20kg plates on, it shouldn't squash me too badly LOL

Comment

• I am keen to give these glute bridges a go Seas, but i might need to wait until monday morning.
      They start the biggest loser at the gym next monday morning, so i have been pushed back to 7.30 am. Not sure if i am happy about that or not. I actually love the early early morning!!!!!
      I will get over it, i promise. LOL
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• can you do unweighted ones? they can be quite nasty too if you hold the upper part of the movement and pulse. 20 reps sorta range. 3 times.

we used to do all sorts of weird contortions with the smith machine and a weight bench till I decided to slide under the bar with the 20kg plates on. I get way more of a full ROM under the bar vs lying on a weight bench under the bar of the smith machine but that is also an option. you really really need to pad the bar where it goes across your hips tho. it should sit across your pubic bone so it is gonna hurt even at 60kgs. and we're talking pain from gentle running of the fingers across thru clothing a few days later type of pain. we use the focus pad you do boxing aerobics with as a pad as the regular bar pads don't do anything at all. by full ROM too, I mean that you need to almost lay your butt back on the ground at the lowest part of the movement. 1 mm off the ground sorta thing and then push the bar up as high as you can with your hips contracting your glutes. hold briefly and back down.

I prob could do 7:30 am if I didn't have all the kids to deal with and the dog to run before I leave home. my gym doesn't do biggest losers but they do get a bit excited and have posing classes when we get close to any major south island body building show.

Comment

• Am off to do some unweighted ones now. So i hold for five seconds at the top of each bridge ?????

...small steps....

Comment

• yes and when you have done the last of the set of 20 and held that for 5. do 5 rapid half pulses.

Comment

• morning troups, how is everyone this beautiful morning ????????
              well its drizzling - YAY, so this old wrinkly one doesn't need to shift the sprinklers !!!!!!!
              Am off to Culverden today to get my hair titivated. Missed the one prior to Christmas due to DH having another wee cancer removed, so am really looking forward to having my wee time in the chair !!!!!!!

My latest whole 30 is going well. It is a very basic whole 30, eating meat cooked in fat and veges. If I am getting to dinner time and still hungry, am having a handful of scroggin, but that has only happened a couple of times.

...small steps....

Comment

• it was sunny here but is drizzling now. i did a clandestine mish this morning with the wrong small child riding the horse up the road to graze LOL if the owner of the horse found out there would be hell to pay but thankfully she was on the bus to high school! i am probably teaching my children to be sneaky and not get caught but sometimes we need training in the 11th commandment. not much else going on here today. I've run the dog around the paddock with the dog up the road to wear him out. still half asleep from being up too late. onto my 4th cup of coffee and still feeling s-l-e-e-p-y.

Comment

• G, it sounds like your whole 30 is still going great. Enjoy your hair appointment. Seas, that's a lot of moving around before breakfast!

I have done a little of this and that - deadheaded some dahlias, pulled some weeds, load of washing which I then brought in because it began drizzling and now drizzle has stopped so better hang it out again.

Any suggestions what to plant in a narrow, dry, oxalis infested border on the street front?
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• harakeke or toe toe? actually whaririki may be better than harakeke as it is smaller or even some of the snow tussocks? i had a bank of red tussocks and also a bank of silver tussock with some whaririki interspersed in it at my old place and it was beautiful. easy care too. once the tussock had grown up and filled in all the gaps.

Comment

• Sorry. When I say narrow, I mean like 30cm. Sandwiched between a footpath and a 1m concrete wall, overhung by fence covered in wisteria.
                      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• firstly Annie, get some of that stuff to rid the oxalis. and then maybe black mondo grass. if you water it regularly it grows quickly and looks great !

you wouldn't believe what Gwamma did today............... cut ALL my hair off. it is now very short !!!!!!!! the things that this old Gwamma does !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma I do not know of any such stuff that can get rid of oxalis.

I do like the sound of black mondo grass, it actually went through my mind when Seas mentioned tussock.

Why did you cut your hair off? You are brave (or something). Are you happy with it? Does DH like it? So many questions.
                          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                            Gwamma I do not know of any such stuff that can get rid of oxalis.

I do like the sound of black mondo grass, it actually went through my mind when Seas mentioned tussock.

Why did you cut your hair off? You are brave (or something). Are you happy with it? Does DH like it? So many questions.
                            I cant think of a single weed in existence that can bet the power of the weed-eater called Shovel..... lol or it's smaller cousin Trowel....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                              you wouldn't believe what Gwamma did today............... cut ALL my hair off. it is now very short !!!!!!!! the things that this old Gwamma does !!!!!!!!
                              Good on you G, I do mine on a weekly basis, with a Gilette Mach 3, what 'bout yerself....

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                                Gwamma I do not know of any such stuff that can get rid of oxalis.

for some reason we have oxalis everywhere we go, and we were told of an oxalis killer t'other day. I will try and do some research.

they say a change is as good as a holiday, and so I am just in need of a brighten up. it looks great. IMO !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X