• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welcome back, G x
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• he's also got this book out....
      I keep wanting to buy that. I just am not totally convinced yet and I keep having bills to pay.

another weekend in the flying saucer. so back to normality today. work and exercise.

venison ribs for dinner as well.

Comment

• Howdy, had a grand trip to the gym this morning, but am starting to get a wee bit stiff and sore. Might need to head out and get some vitamin D !!!!!!!!!

Question time, or should i start a thread ?????????

Why am i getting a hot flush about 30 minutes after eating ????????
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
          Why am i getting a hot flush about 30 minutes after eating ????????
          Mid-afternoon menopause (happens to me every day after lunch). why does my body temperature increase dramatically after I eat? - Thyroid Disorders Message Board - HealthBoards
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanx Badger. I have only noticed this happening over the last week or two. Maybe this clean eating has me more tuned into the old body!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• so pleased the gym is going well G. the only vit D I got this morning was at the beach and it is always sunny there if I leave my sunnies at home. I don't get any hot flushes after eating but if I go out and party too much I usually wake up in the night like i have a fever and literally drenched in sweat. and it is weird as I don't sweat like that from exercise.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                Maybe this clean eating has me more tuned into the old body!!!!!
                Very likely. There are a lot of things that I never noticed before. Now I wonder how I missed them!
                Annie Ups the Ante
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Very likely. There are a lot of things that I never noticed before. Now I wonder how I missed them!
                  we were talking about that yesterday. gluten. I just get really bad tempered and lose the will to live if I have it now. I wasn't that bad before so maybe I would get used to it but I do wonder how I could have missed some of those signs. just minor pointers LOL altho I have had people tell me that i only react to it as i don't eat it so if i re-introduced i would be ok.

Comment

• Next question, when the boyz talk about plates on these other threads, do they mean the round weights at each end of the bar ?????? And are each of those plates about 20 kg ???????

I think that it is great to start listening and being proactive to the bodys needs.
                    This new boarder has lost about 50 kgs, all with CW eating. We had a delightful chat yesterday about cholesterol, and veges etc..... He has some very set ideas about his health and it includes no fat or salt due to cholesterol issues. This guy is only about 22 !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• plates are what you load on the bars. the biggest ones are 20kgs. and then they go down usually 10kgs,5kgs,2.5kgs and 1.25kgs. but the little ones aren't generally called plates. remember one needs to go on either side of the bar so the lightest increment you can go up is 2.5kgs.

no fat is a bit tragic but I have come to believe we don't need as much as some primal people think. I would consider 1g/kg of bodyweight a good figure myself. and then it comes down to the type of fat. and I salt everything.

Comment

• So when you are doing these glute bridge things, you have two x20 kg plates per side of the bar? = 80kg

...small steps....

Comment

• yes plus the bar which is 20kgs so 100kg all up.

Comment

• Bejeebus girl - that is huge !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• I was quite shocked but then I could do 80kgs properly x 10 with stuff all padding. it was the excruciating pain across the pubic bone which put me off. and the subsequent bruising which hurt with just light finger pressure across it as it was that bad. once we sussed how to pad the bar so that bit no longer hurts. 80kgs got easy, so I tried 90 and that was easy too. so I did 100. I rarely, if ever, make my actual butt muscles hurt. everything else goes first. quads, hammies where they join the glutes, hip flexors, adductors. but my butt felt so tired and exhausted and ached so much it was wild. none of my other muscles fatigue like that. since I can do 10 @ 100kgs, I am tempted to see what I can do for a 1RM. but then I have to go deadlift after. 3 sets of 5 deads at I think this week coming up 65, 67.5 and 67.5 kgs. so maybe not as last week that was quite nasty after the glute bridges and Romanian deads and all the lunging. or I could have a go right at the end. I shall see how I feel.

Comment

• Excuse my ditsyness, but what is 1 RM????

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X