No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Gollysmum. I grew up in Matamata, and have alot of family in Tauranga and the Mount. Beautiful part of the country.
    you have done really well with your first few weeks.
    keep at it, and we would love to hear progress reports
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Just wanted to pop in to say, Koreans HATE squirrels. To be honest, it seems most Koreans hate any small creature they don't think they can eat... Mice, cats, lizards, sheep...

Comment

• Hiya RR, how is life over the sea and far away?????
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Welcome Gollysmum. I loved the mount when I went there. it was years ago. just before they closed the race track. we went to the bike racing.

Not wanting to burst your bubble RR but you can eat squirrel apparently

Rabbit, Hare and Squirrel Recipes - Recipes for Rabbits and Hares | Hunter Angler Gardener Cook

Comment

• Many apologies for the tardy response S!

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            We don't get squirrels here at all. I think possibly the native pommie red ones may be ok but they are totally endangered. the version I heard is that the grey squirrels in England all descended from a pair of American grey squirrels that escaped from a circus in the 1880s. DD would know? DD where are you?
            Not sure of the validity of the greys escaping from an American circus, I do know that there decimating the indiginous red though, I think it's cuz they're more *ahem* prolific and drive the red out of their natural grounds, the grey is now considered as vermin so there fair game, so to speak, wonder what they taste like....

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
            Ive got your back J, i will save you.......we have had many a pet rat over the years and they actually make really lovely pets !!!!!
            G lady fronting up for J, nice....

yes I had to take my oldest to the blair witch project once LOL I can walk thru graveyards in the dark, wander around the ghetto in high heels, creep around the bush in the pitch black, swim with sharks but show me a dalek on TV and I am a jabbering wreck!!! no such a fan of squirrels here. they are kinda like rats with fluffy tails.
            The Blair Witch, got to be one of the worst films ever put on celluloid, one of the biggest wastes on an hour or so of me life watching that tat....I take you weren't a big fan of Davros then?! Lol, rats with fluffy tails....

Comment

• Rats as pets? Ew. But thank you for the protection, G. I'll be the one either doing the girly thing standing up high, or in another mood, the one with the baseball bat trying to extinguish the nasty thing.

I once found a teeny tiny lizard in my bathtub. I took it outside and set it free. I don't want you to think I kill all small things.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I love lizards and reptiles J and I am not scared of spiders or bugs. as to the origin of the grey squirrel in England...not as exciting as the circus story.

'If you want red squirrels, you have to kill greys' | Environment | The Guardian typical Victorian pom!!! and I mean that in terms of the Victorian's total lack of vision of what introduced species does to the environment.

I didn't like the blair witch project. I thought it was boring. i do have a cat that makes visiting dogs look at the wall LOL well except my dog who somehow misses the nuances of evil and doesn't get sucked in. he just bounces on her head and bails her occasionally. every other dog, including proper pig dogs that can hold a full sized pig on their own, cower in the corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  Hiya RR, how is life over the sea and far away?????
                  Not wanting to burst your bubble RR but you can eat squirrel apparently

Rabbit, Hare and Squirrel Recipes - Recipes for Rabbits and Hares | Hunter Angler Gardener Cook
                  The other day we had a weird thaw and freeze that ended with EVERYTHING covered in a nearly invisible layer of ice. It was like someone just turned off all the friction in Korea. I slid down a set of stairs because that was the only way I was getting down. EVEN THE GRAVEL WAS SLIPPERY.

I would willingly eat squirrel. This is just what I've gleaned from my Korean friends or by watching people on the street. At least one of them is convinced you can't eat sheep/lamb. I brought in some of my roast Christmas leg for him to try and you'd think he about died (he tried to get me back by taking me out for stir fried liver and intestine lol). Although dog is fine. Maybe I should have hidden it in soup...

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                    The other day we had a weird thaw and freeze that ended with EVERYTHING covered in a nearly invisible layer of ice. It was like someone just turned off all the friction in Korea. I slid down a set of stairs because that was the only way I was getting down. EVEN THE GRAVEL WAS SLIPPERY.

I would willingly eat squirrel. This is just what I've gleaned from my Korean friends or by watching people on the street. At least one of them is convinced you can't eat sheep/lamb. I brought in some of my roast Christmas leg for him to try and you'd think he about died (he tried to get me back by taking me out for stir fried liver and intestine lol). Although dog is fine. Maybe I should have hidden it in soup...
                    Oh hell some of the food they eat here in Brunei is just plain weird. We have these huge lizards that live in the drains here, monitor lizards, and some of the locals fish them up and eat them. I understand the lizards eat the sewerage........ewwwww. Too funny about the lamb!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                      I do know that there decimating the indiginous red though, I think it's cuz they're more *ahem* prolific
                      Apparently they have bigger nuts...
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizzielou View Post
                        Oh hell some of the food they eat here in Brunei is just plain weird. We have these huge lizards that live in the drains here, monitor lizards, and some of the locals fish them up and eat them. I understand the lizards eat the sewerage........ewwwww. Too funny about the lamb!
                        Haha my family is from Arkansas, Tennessee, and Texas. I've heard recipes for everything from goat, rabbit, squirrel, gator, lizard, pigeon... I feel like I should be wary of animals eating sewage because of parasites and all, but honestly all I think of is damn that's way tastier than soilant green.

Comment

• ... I feel like I should be wary of animals eating sewage because of parasites and all
                          would that not depend on what common parasites we share with them? what comes out of some of those fast food places is probably far scarier and that is not even from a hygiene pov!

big day today. I have worked out if I get too tired, I eat too much. momentous realisation. I did try to go have a snooze but the kids were yelling and shrieking. I tried to go out on an rampage but ditto. one shot later and I had to go home.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            would that not depend on what common parasites we share with them? what comes out of some of those fast food places is probably far scarier and that is not even from a hygiene pov!
                            EXACTLY. Fast food is way scarier. I've read that animals in CAFO being fed remnants from animals fed THEIR remnants are known to carry parasites. Obviously this is going to be much worse in a CAFO and very possibly just due to the CAFO. Whatever, I love oysters. Nom nom.

Comment

• yeah I think if you stop and think about it properly it is not worth getting hysterical about. I love oysters too and I eat them raw.

Comment

• Hi, Gollysmum,

welcome to Primal and to our ever such fun little Kiwi thread Glad to have you.

Well done on making the transition to this way of eating, it seems to be working well for you. How did you discover us??
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X