No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol, just imagining ninja sealions................

Glad the weather has improved for you all. We had a lovely day here yesturday and today looks promising also.

Wimped out of my gym run this morning, still suffering with this back/leg pain, and it comes and goes quite randomly. Must go and google some yoga stretches for lower back and sciatica and hamstrings, and then actually try some out. Three times a day the yoga instructor mum at school advised me today, sigh.......

Comment

• Lol, just imagining ninja sealions................
      you may joke but they are incredibly quick for short bursts. 24kph I think and we are talking on sand. generally they are only aggro when they first get out the water but I have heard of people having the fish off their spears taken by them. I know I can avoid them pretty effectively on land and out think them but in water is another matter altogether. no way no how would I ever outswim one. my only hope would have to be a shark eating it as it was about to get me LOL

Comment

• I totally believe you about certain creatures seeking you out. When I lived in SF, though not nearly as much of a threat, I used to complain that squirrels in Golden Gate Park followed me. My friends just accepted it as a paranoid eccentricity. One day as I took a walk in the park with a boyfriend, he looked at me and said, "You're right - the squirrels do follow you." It made me feel good to not be delusional/paranoid, but I did wonder what it was about me that made squirrels want to follow me. Needless to say, I'm not fond of them.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          I totally believe you about certain creatures seeking you out. When I lived in SF, though not nearly as much of a threat, I used to complain that squirrels in Golden Gate Park followed me. My friends just accepted it as a paranoid eccentricity. One day as I took a walk in the park with a boyfriend, he looked at me and said, "You're right - the squirrels do follow you." It made me feel good to not be delusional/paranoid, but I did wonder what it was about me that made squirrels want to follow me. Needless to say, I'm not fond of them.
          Well, you know they like nuts, right...

Comment

• Hiya troups, how are we all ??????????
            Gwamma has popped her head out of the cave just for a few minutes, to say howdy. Am hoping to get the whole 30 thing ramped up again..........we shall see

So funny about creatures following you........ I absolutely HATE horror movies, however sometimes the family watch them, and instead of being a killjoy (and leave the room) i look away whenever i think something horrific is going to happen, ie most of the movie.......... Anyway i watched MAMA with middle the other day. Twasn't toooooooo bad.... But she texted me when she got home to her littlg dark haunted house, and said someone????? had moved her bed about a metre away from the wall......... Being the loving, tactful gorgeous mother that i am, i suggested that MAMA might have followed her home !!!!!!!!!!!!!! She hasn't talked to me since......
            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I, for one, would like to be stalked by something a bit cooler than sealions!!! but I guess they are preferable to squirrels or sharks. don't do horror movies either G. I hate them. I have know enough nuts irl to not really want to watch that sorta stuff for entertainment. and I would rather scare myself doing something exciting. like getting chased by sealions LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                I, for one, would like to be stalked by something a bit cooler than sealions!!! but I guess they are preferable to squirrels or sharks. don't do horror movies either G. I hate them. I have know enough nuts irl to not really want to watch that sorta stuff for entertainment. and I would rather scare myself doing something exciting. like getting chased by sealions LOL
                I totally agree Seas, however sometimes a gwammas just gotta do what a gwammas gotta do, and avert her eyes so she doesn't have nightmares......... And J , i love little squirrels, they are soooooooo cwooot

...small steps....

Comment

• yes I had to take my oldest to the blair witch project once LOL I can walk thru graveyards in the dark, wander around the ghetto in high heels, creep around the bush in the pitch black, swim with sharks but show me a dalek on TV and I am a jabbering wreck!!! no such a fan of squirrels here. they are kinda like rats with fluffy tails.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    no such a fan of squirrels here. they are kinda like rats with fluffy tails.
                    +1000
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• We don't get squirrels here at all. I think possibly the native pommie red ones may be ok but they are totally endangered. the version I heard is that the grey squirrels in England all descended from a pair of American grey squirrels that escaped from a circus in the 1880s. DD would know? DD where are you?

Comment

• Ive got your back J, i will save you.......we have had many a pet rat over the years and they actually make really lovely pets !!!!!

Poppy was a breeding machine. Youngest got $2 for every baby that was raised, and poppy would have 10-15 babies every 21 days. Gestation was 21 days, and she was able to get pregnant within a couple of hours of having the litter, HOWEVER we kept Bruce away for a few weeks after each litter. Bruce had the biggest set of bollocks - EVER, they dragged along the ground !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• YUCK G!!!!!!!! i have always had the technology to deal with rats in a natural environmentally friendly way failing that there is always the shotgun! i am not scared of them, i just don't like them at all and they are a total menace when they are out in the wild with the native birds.

Comment

• Yep. I do agree that the wild ones are nasty, however in a cage, most are very cute!!!!!!!!
                            We have had a few oddball pets over the years. Once we had a kune, called Pricilla Petunia, two ostridges, loads of pet chickens.........

...small steps....

Comment

• Rats... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I hate them. Mice I only loathe.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Hello everyone. I live in sunny Tauranga. 47 years old and been primal for 4 weeks. Enjoy the food and just getting used to low carbs and being in the sweet spot. Ketosis didn't work well and after 21 days upped my carbs to about 75 grams. Nausea dizziness depressed mood and fatigue disappeared but appetite still uneven with starving sometimes vs no appetite at all. Love not counting calories!!!!! Couple of sugar cravings but otherwise pretty good. Think I've lost about 6 ks too. Wish they had cooking shows on food TV with paleo. If win lotto would consider caveman restaurant as so much healthier!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                                X