Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    unless either I am out and it is served to me or it happens to be wild pork, I fall back on the jewish ancestors and avoid it totally. thankfully my kids don't like pork sausages either.
    We can't get decent beef here though, so with my limited options it's best to go with the pork. Beef mince is alright, but I don't know what they do with the beef cuts, it's generally like chewing leather and it costs a fortune. Chicken is the protein of choice here, and it comes really cheap, about $5 for a whole chicken, but I can only serve up chicken for so many meals before there is mutiny at the dinner table. There is a place that sells frozen Aussie lamb which is affordable and palatable, and we can get loads of fresh fish from the market in KB but that is a 20 min drive and generally out of my usual way. Actually, I'm off to the pool for the afternoon now, so I might stop by the market before we come home. Had some lovely snapper and shrimp last week.

Brunch went well, had eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, grapes and melon.

Comment

• Morning all.

How are you going Gwamma? Must be nearly finished your whole 30 now? I've got one week left!

Still having a horrible time with my leg pain, although I think I know what's happening now. Pinched nerves. I realised last night that my lower back was quite sore and now I'm sure it's causing the referred pain down the backs of my legs, which explains why the stretching and magnesium didn't help. I've been taking some strong pain killers since last night which is helping immensely, just not quite whole 30 approved is all. Unfortunately feeling a little spaced out from the drugs but it's better than that horrible ongoing pain. In theory if i get on top of the pain then I should keep mobile and keep those joints from freezing up on me, then hopefully my back will recover nice and quick. Crossing my fingers!

Going to skip the gym tomorrow to give my back a break from all that jarring.

Comment

• yet another disgusting rainy, windy, nasty cold day at the height of summer! thankfully I made the beach this morning with the dog while it was still comparatively warm. only incident was a totally huge male sea lion sleeping right across the track to the beach which required some bush bashing to get around. I would have just shooed it if I thought I could have gotten away with it but I wasn't taking my chances LOL so yeah a cold wet summer afternoon chopping up deer in paradise. the dog is assisting. and this cracks me up. I've seen the LC carnivorous brigade go on about eating a diet their dog eats. well maybe my dog is a pansy as his breed have been domesticated for so long and were always the dogs of the aristocracy. however he does kick ass when it comes to hunting. he prefers the back straps!!! give him the fatty bits and he is like meh. he does like the liver and the heart too but if he can, it is muscle meat all the way.

Comment

• cross posted with you LL. Could it be the sciatic nerve?

Comment

cross posted with you LL. Could it be the sciatic nerve?
            I wondered that, possibly. Not as severe as when I had sciatica last time, it was quite a stabbing pain, this is more like a constant ache. But likely the same thing, pinched nerves!

Raining here too if that makes you feel any better.

Comment

• Yikes, uniforms. My dd is off to college so that's new of everything, cost more than our outfits (plural) for the wedding.

We passed down her intermediate uniform to a neighbour, to her great relief.
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• I managed to get most of the uniform second hand. I have no idea how I snuck it past said child as she is hell stuck up about having to have new clothes. where we come from, we don't buy any clothing new other than underwear and it has to be on sale. thankfully we are all the right size to get really nice clothes second hand, hardly worn for a fraction ( and I mean a fraction ) of the new price. why you would insist on having new clothes at all times when you can get a pair of second hand true religions for the same as a new pair of jeans from glassons, I don't know. it is not rocket science and we own a washing machine and we know how to use it! my next problem is how to delint the school jumper as the previous owner must have had a top loader. Any ideas? Google reckons shaving.

yet more rain today! I am struggling to leave the house to walk the dog in this. WHERE HAS SUMMER GONE?!!!!!!!

Comment

• I tried to smarten small boy up a bit by getting him a haircut and asking him to wear different trousers instead of his fleecy joggers. His response was: 'Mum, people at my school don't really care about that.' I had to admit, he has a point.
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• she's made it to age 13 without needing a uniform. I don't mind uniforms now I am not the one having to wear them. I still cant wear navy blue LOL I just cannot get my head around the price of it all and I am into clothes.

major sealion incident at the beach today. the horrid big one that was across the path was sleeping by the path in the bushes. it sat up suddenly and gave the dog a fright when it hissed at him lol and then on the way back another one came barrelling down the dune by the path and was hanging out. thankfully I managed to shoo it away as it was almost sitting on my sandals I had left at the end of the track. and then the bad tempered one was still sitting by the track hissing so we had to bush bash to get back to the truck. I was cursing the whole thing but then I thought it is probably good practise. where else do we have to look out for predators and avoid them these days.

Comment

• Our intermediate uniform was second hand two years ago so I didn't feel justified in selling it and was pleased to be able to help out someone else. I did not know how to source second hand for college, the school kind of forces you into buying new by making individual appointments at the clothing room even before the end of the previous year. That's like three months before they're even going to wear it. I'm just hoping to get four years out of it, fingers crossed, but it could be rather short and tight and very faded by then.

For my own clothes, mostly op shop with occasional new item. I want to get into sewing again though, at the wedding I saw several other women wearing the very dresses I had tried on. Thankfully we each opted for a different one, but I sense it was a close-run thing. My dd made her dress and was assured of an original.
                      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

we had to bush bash to get back to the truck. I was cursing the whole thing but then I thought it is probably good practise. where else do we have to look out for predators and avoid them these days.
                        Wow, that is a genuine flight response. I'm certainly glad we don't have to run from predators on a regular basis. Glad you ok.
                        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• at the wedding I saw several other women wearing the very dresses I had tried on.
                          one good thing about us all being different shapes is even if that happens, we usually all look different.

I hate that the school uniform new is so expensive that they only can have one of everything. or one skirt, two shirts and a jumper. I would never wear the same thing for 5 days. I am looking for another skirt on trademe for her so she has 2. the rest I have covered except the jumper which she will just have to live with one of. it's a sorta dark bottle green too so I don't own anything that colour she could wear if it does get dirty.

Comment

• Wow, that is a genuine flight response. I'm certainly glad we don't have to run from predators on a regular basis. Glad you ok.
                            it's ok. it wasn't going to get me. I don't think it was trying. they can do 24kph in short bursts on sand. eek. they are incredibly bad tempered if you wake them up which is what we did by walking past it. and generally they are also quite aggro when they first get out of the water. the rest of the time they are very sleepy and lazy. I still wouldn't be cuddling one.

Comment

• Hi guys, sorry absent without leave ---------AGaIN !!!!!!!! Sadly Gwamma has broken her whole 30, and is piiiiisssssttttt as tonight..........oh well tomorra is another day !!!!!!!!!

Hope you are all well, and fit, and lovely ............
                              G x
                              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Sleep tight, G. Pobody's Nerfect.
                                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Working...
                                X