Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    .........and it might lead to a little bit of well deserved spank the hanky..........
    I have no idea what that actually means (but I get the gist, lol). It sounds a bit limp to be fun - unless you used lots of starch??
    Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Hanky panky !!!!!!!!
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I knew what you meant LOL

Comment

• Well I knew that bit . I was just going weird places in my head trying to figure out what the hanky was about and how one would spank it!! Just ignore me and go back to whatever you were doing, lol.
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• i think the hanky is a red herring as it simply rhymes with panky. my toes were cold last night. i have potatoes for breakfast but am considering protein for lunch instead of the last potato day. forgot to weigh before breakfast as i was a bit distracted but my guess would be no loss based on the cold toes and general sluggish feeling. off shortly for more active recovery aka bailing down the beach in a sand storm with the hound. hopefully the sun is out everywhere else!

Comment

• Morning all - yes Gwamma was just playing with words, as she does !!!!!!!!
              I have just shifted the irritation, and what a cold autumn morning we have here. Cold through the night as well. I do prefer things a little cooler in the summer, but this is ridiculous !!!!!
              No newz here except form the usual yadda yadda yaaaaa stuff, as in......... Youngests pilot friend is coming to live with us tonight, until our flat in town is vacant ( that could be april!) so i need to clean and get his room prepared, we have sold oldests car on trademe but i need to getto rangiora for a new rim (she has been driving it for 6 months without a usable spare tyre, with my grandbabies in it)!!!!!!!!!, i need to make 100 meringues for a do we are going to tomorrow night, and then just the usual everyday stuff

Hopefully i can get some exercise in at some stage.....................
              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• i am not thinking about it being autumn already! but it is definitely a lot chillier than usual here. made the beach but it was close. it was so cold and windy and i was so tired, i almost went home. the dog doesn't need to rest and the brain is the weakest muscle so i made it. but meh. not the funnest time. would have been so much better if it was a nice, still, warm, sunny morning. how many egg whites do you use for 100 meringues? not having a useable spare tyre isn't that dangerous G, just inconvenient if you get a puncture. says she after Tuesday's incident with no key to get the lock nuts off to get the spare tyre off the back of the truck! get her roadside recovery. i think mine is an extra $20 a year on my insurance.

Comment

• I'm in fleecy pjs and socks! We have a holiday in the Kaipara harbour area in mid-Feb, so I'm really hoping that there'll be a week of summer around Waitangi day - otherwise it'll be a bit of a dead loss summer.

Oh, and just let me say this . . . OUCH!! I can still walk and sit, but only just. Hamstrings, quads, adductors and lower abs are quietly screaming at me. Forearms come next, and I can feel the upper body just beginning to wake up. Day one of recovery, and counting.

I'm heading into town later today because I'm horribly short of work tops, and I also don't have any comfortable walking shoes. I got the walking sandals at the beginning of 'summer' but I've hardly worn them - they're practical but man, they're ugly. I think they'll probably last me for a decade!! Mostly it's been jandals so far this year.
                  Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post

I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be - I think that's partly because I don't intend to do cardio. I told her I want to focus on walking and strengths.
                    You can work up to getting a cardio effect with the strength exercises by doing them in a circuit with short breaks between. Either that or I was so unfit I was getting a cardio workout from just doing the basic weights circuit I had been doing. :P

Comment

• You can work up to getting a cardio effect with the strength exercises by doing them in a circuit with short breaks between. Either that or I was so unfit I was getting a cardio workout from just doing the basic weights circuit I had been doing. :P
                      LOL we do this sometimes but our circuits are nasty. I much prefer actual hard weight training. That said. the main reason I don't powerlift is I cant do all that standing around resting between short heavy sets. I get bored.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                        I also have a bruised pubic bone from shimmying under the bar with 80kgs on and then glute bridging it.
                        Holy cow! My eyes watered just reading this. I struggle with bodyweight glute bridges, I can barely imagine actually ADDING weight, nevermind 80kg !!

Comment

• 2 funny! it is actually easy. what is stopping me do more is the bar digging in. if you use the Olympic bar with 2x 20kg plates and then some on the sides, I can fit underneath it when it is on the ground. and you can also get full ROM bridging it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            Holy guacamoly Jac, that is way cool. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your first session.......... Tomorrow you will be sore, but its a really great sore !!!!!!!! Cos you know that you have earned it. Very very well done!!!!!
                            Yep, day after it hurts and then the day after that you can't move because of the DOMs. Well, in my world it works like that.

Well done Jac on getting through a session with good form!

Comment

• day 2 it always hurts the most I reckon. the trick is to keep moving which keeps the circulation to the area. you will get to the stage where you can make it hurt, but only enough to make you be able to feel every muscle in a really good way the next day. I absolutely love that pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                2 funny! it is actually easy. what is stopping me do more is the bar digging in. if you use the Olympic bar with 2x 20kg plates and then some on the sides, I can fit underneath it when it is on the ground. and you can also get full ROM bridging it.
                                Maybe there's a market for glute bridge "boxes"?
                                If I ever get to adding an OB, I'll be stoked. Right now if I get exercise time I'll be stoked!

Comment

Working...
                                X