No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it is not supposed to be winter here either! still very nasty weather outside. definitely not a bikini swim day but it is gym day. another 0.5kgs of water weight down. interestingly I have been nowhere near as strict with my coffee consumption this time as I have been stuck out in town with flat tyres, spent several hours at the hair dresser etc. and have had to drink coffee as I couldn't find any potatoes to eat and I was starving. I have today and Friday to go. then the weekend, I will be back to normal food again but dodging the GF pizza. and I am not making a primal version. fruit, eggs and venison all the way.

Comment

• Good for you Seas, i think that you possibly dont need to lose any more weight, however we know how we feel , so well done you.
      I have managed another 100gms overnight, so this weight loss is continuing slowly. I was extremely hungry late afternoon yesterday, and am wondering if it was because i only had one egg for breaky yesterday, instead of my usual two..........so two today!!!!!!
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• LL those temps are insane, and all year round. I wonder what that does to the body, not having a cold period ??????

Seas you have so got to post that piccy in our thread. The team will LOVE it !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• What piccy??

I went to Auckland yesterday, so I'm tired today. My recovery from the big day on Saturday took until Tuesday evening - that's a huge improvement on the full week it was taking me. Today I have the first session with the personal trainer. I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be - I think that's partly because I don't intend to do cardio. I told her I want to focus on walking and strengths. Unless she has a plan all figured out - which I don't think she will have as I have the medical form here to take with me - I want to ask her to help me develop into the basic bodyweight exercises with a really good form. Squats, pushups, pullups and planks - NONE of which I can currently do properly. If I can get strong enough to do those, that'll be a big achievement. This afternoon I may need to sleep, lol.
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Yeehaaaa Jac, that is awesome, cant wait to hear how you get on...........

...small steps....

Comment

• I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be - I think that's partly because I don't intend to do cardio. I told her I want to focus on walking and strengths.
              I think this is the key. you can do cardio anywhere so I can never be bothered to pay a trainer to cardio with me. we do occasionally do some nasty circuit but that is only really to prove to myself I can still do it.

Let us know how you get on definitely!

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma
                Have the best time with your parents. Are you bringing them down this way at all ????? They would love a roadie in the combi- i am sure !!!!!!!
                Thanks G
                We're not heading your way sorry. We are taking them up north for waitangi weekend for a beach holiday with all of the extended family in DHs side and then a surprise trip to the good coast and noosa in a couple of weeks though

Well done with the weight
                Last edited by Misabi; 01-22-2014, 05:57 PM.
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• far out! gymed it this morning. thought haha that was easy LOL I was walking down the stairs from the gym minding my own business after and truly almost fell over as I felt so weak all of a sudden. Just been up the beach with the dog in a total sandstorm and everything else was hurting. I didn't think we did too much but obviously we did. Prob after our nice non sedate little MMA circuit last week, doing all the big huge massive weights seems easier as it is less cardiovascular. I also have a bruised pubic bone from shimmying under the bar with 80kgs on and then glute bridging it. plan A being to work on the hip flexors. we also did many other things including working on deadlift technique so we deloaded the bar to 60kgs and did more reps. and we did deep squats which poss didn't help either. and I can still bench 40kgs, lunge 67kgs, dead 85kgs and unrack and rack 2 x 41kg dumbbells at the same time so I am still not convinced the potato hack is somehow losing me muscles.

Comment

• Well compared to you seaweed, I'm pretty feeble. But feeling pretty damn good considering it's my first time!

OK - firstly - drumroll please I DID MY FIRST EVER PROPER SQUAT . The session was so worth it just for that alone! She corrected some very small details on my form, and suddenly I was feeling it in all the right places. I did 15 squats with a kettlebell. Not a pole in sight, lol. She started me on the swiss ball against the wall, but it hurt my knees so badly I felt like throwing my toys out of the cot and running away. Thank goodness she was willing to experiment, and I found out I'm a lot stronger than I thought. Also did (oh god, what are they called??) chest presses?? with arms out like wings and folded in to the chest? Then the one where the weight is forwards and you pull it back while engaging the middle of the back/shoulder area - seated row?? 33kg, 2 sets of 12. Adductor exercises that nearly killed me and made me realise that my left leg is barely functional on that angle. Then triceps, and bicep curls while stepping onto a small box, lunges (no weights), and some leg/ab work. I think that's all. That was more than enough, lol. Jelly legs, weak arms, hungry, and big smile.

I have another appointment next Wed, and in the meantime will aim to walk at least 20 minutes a day. Also, rest, sleep, and eat properly to see how long it takes to recover.
                    Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• way cool Jac! i am so pleased it went well. proper technique makes all the difference. bear in mind too i have been practising a lot longer than you have. 20+ years longer maybe.

Comment

• Holy guacamoly Jac, that is way cool. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your first session.......... Tomorrow you will be sore, but its a really great sore !!!!!!!! Cos you know that you have earned it. Very very well done!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• You guys are awesome
                          Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• get mr Jac to give you a massage. that always helps if I have been training hard. he can then also give you good feedback as to how the muscles are coming on as you go along. touch feels a lot more than just visual. and every bit of encouragement helps.

Comment

• .........and it might lead to a little bit of well deserved spank the hanky..........

...small steps....

Comment

• 2 funny. active recovery I reckon. keep moving.

Comment

Working...
                                X