No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog stuff ended up costing a couple of grand in vet's bills, but no involvement of 'the man', so all good on that front.

My parents arrive from the UK tomorrow night, so we've been busy painting and decorating, well still are but procrastinating right now

I rarely watch the news and only occasionally check out the papers or Internet news sites. As a result every day is more interesting, like being completely unaware that we were about to get blown off the face of the earth

Is part now but did get pretty breezy and a bit wet, but not too bad where I am.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Buggar about the vet bills Misabi, however thank goodness you can tick that one off.

Have the best time with your parents. Are you bringing them down this way at all ????? They would love a roadie in the combi- i am sure !!!!!!!

In other newz, the weight seems to be falling off at the moment, so heresn hoping that will continue. 4 kgs down, 26 to go, althou having said that I will be stoked if I lose another 16 !!!!!!! Onward............
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• RR we nearly had a jack frost visit last week, couldnt believe it, and in the middle of summer. Today is another cold one. I think it is meant to get to about 17 degrees, or maybe that was yesterday? Anyway i am wearing my new ugglies that the kids got me for christmas!!!!!! Lucky me !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma, you are really rocking the Whole 30. Good for you

It's cool here too, I'm only hoping it will at least be fine on Saturday for niece's wedding. You would think late January would have been a safe bet, wouldn't you?

Now gotta try and get four packs and as many loads of smelly tramping clothes dry ... have a great day.
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• it's actually not really that cold here on the general scale of recent times. i have my little lost surf shorts on and a light weight hoody and i managed the beach without feeling cold. it may also be the potatoes. suddenly i feel so hot all the time. 2kgs total down in 2 days. in all fairness, it is probably only 1 as i did a deliberate overeat on dd's b'day and put on a kg overnight. that kg is one of the 2 off. still. it's quite exciting. i can eat heaps to ramp my metabolism up and then potato it off. and who would complain about having to live on coffee, chips and water for a few days?! you just need decent maori potatoes or red kings in season so you can dry bake them into decent wedges.

Comment

• Seas, you crack me up. But well done all the same
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• I do agree Annie, she is our little jester.
                Good luck with getting the washing dry Annie.
                Okay a question........ Are all multi gyms created equal ??????? What i actually mean is the weight things that you can adjust with the wee pin........ Do they all weigh the same no matter what brand ????????? And how do i find out what mine weigh ???????

...small steps....

Comment

• did you get a manual with it? or maybe google to see if there is a manual online? i wouldn't get too hung up on how much it actually weighs as long as you push yourself.

Comment

• I am sure we got a manual with it, but do you think that i can find it, and the only writing on it is ironpower, and i cannot find anything like that on the internet.......... Buggar...........

...small steps....

Comment

• the other thing with machines is depending on what they are, the weight can be deceptive. you can do loads more weight on machines too than free weights. can you acquire a barbell and some weight plates off trademe? they are hell expensive new.

Comment

• I do have two little hand weights, but i should get a long bar s i can use that, however if i use the bar at the gym, that is possibly sufficent.
                        Getting quite excited about this strength / weight loss moment !!!!!!! Long may it continue.........

...small steps....

Comment

• you need BIG hand weights G! my barbell I got second hand. I can only load it up to 43kgs so I have to get creative if I want to dead or do high reps. I keep it outside and go out and do power clean and jerks for my HIIT. do Romanian deads. bent over row and so on. barbell complexes. it wasn't expensive but if it was new, I couldn't have justified the expense. and you should be excited. you are doing well. it is all so much fun you kinda stop worrying about the weight loss and strength gains as they become secondary. or so I reckon!

Comment

• Hi ladies!

Been AWOL this week cause my MDA app shat itself and I was too lazy to log in via the Internet. Gawd that is lazy isn't it?!

Gwamma - 4kg down, nice one! How many days in are you now?

I'm hovering at the 4kg mark too, day 17 today, so over half way. Getting a bit sick of being so strict with myself but going to continue regardless. I even went to a Wine and Cheese evening on the weekend, and sipped soda water and nibbled on nuts and HFG fruit truffles the whole time. All that water was perhaps not the best idea because I was standing for three hours in heels and by the time I got home my feet were horribly swollen. Was gone by the morning though.

Got my gym mojo back too, at long last. The last three runs have been much easier and I have just cruised into the 5km mark. Not going for any further as my back and feet just don't cope with it and I'll end up with some sort of injury if I push it too hard.

It's been pissing with rain for the last four days here, everything is flooded and it's even been cold (like 22c, which is freezing in these parts!).

Comment

• Wow LL, well done you !!!!!!! I cant believe how 4 kgs has made me feel great.
                              Enjoy that pleasant day at 22 C, wot are the normal temps like, and excuse my ignorance but are you in winter over there?????

...small steps....

Comment

• Thanks Gwamma. It's not winter here as we don't have a summer or a winter. Brunei is directly on the equator meaning that we don't really get normal seasons at all. It is the rainy season however, which means that the monsoons last longer than they do at other times of the year. It's nice to have a break from the heat however, yesturday is was 32c, today 22c, so quite a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X