No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep i think they are all that you mentioned Seas, althou the seated leg press was more like a lying back pushing the leg press up, maybe a 90 degree angle upwards ????? I will take notes next week !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      Yep i think they are all that you mentioned Seas, althou the seated leg press was more like a lying back pushing the leg press up, maybe a 90 degree angle upwards ????? I will take notes next week !!!!!!!
      I went to the gym regularly for about 3 months when I lived in Dunedin to prepare for a school trip to Deep Cove. I was the leg press queen, lol. I think it's the one part of the body that really benefits from hauling extra weight around!!
      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Yep i think they are all that you mentioned Seas, althou the seated leg press was more like a lying back pushing the leg press up, maybe a 90 degree angle upwards ?????
        I prob used the wrong name LOL you almost lay on your back and lower the weight down and push it back up. you do get ones where you sit and push the weight outwards and the women's gym in town here has one which you push yourself up and down on which is very strange. I think you get the best ROM on the laying one.

I went to the gym regularly for about 3 months when I lived in Dunedin to prepare for a school trip to Deep Cove. I was the leg press queen, lol. I think it's the one part of the body that really benefits from hauling extra weight around!!
        my first husband was 6ft 3 and he used to go to the golds gym in symmond st in Auckland. he got on the leg press machine one day without changing the weight. some of the under 18 NZ girls rowing team or hockey team ( something like that ) had been training before him. he didn't change the weight. he reckoned he nearly got crushed LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
          MM are you a wee a Dunners party animal ????????
          More of a homebody, but yes

It's another day in paradise for us here.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• G'day,

Thought I would drop by and introduce myself after being pointed this way in the Intro thread.

I'm a 44 year old mother of two. I'm a newbie in all senses of the word. New here, and just starting out down the primal/paleo road.
            About 15 years ago I read that going paleo (or the cavemen diet as it probably was back then) would help me with a health issue I had at the time. I managed a month, dispatched my problem and then, as you do, reverted back to the old ways.
            In the process of that month I unexpectedly dropped a fair chunk of weight which is one of the reasons for heading back this way. That and the fact that eating this way is going to be a huge improvement nutritionally.

I look forward to *meeting* you all.

Comment

• Hi Twoflour! Hope the shakes down your way aren't too bad this afternoon . . .
              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Welcome Twoflour or TF as i am sure i will shorten it to !!!!!! and i also hope you are not rockin and rollin tooooo much. Damned things, give me the heebie geebies !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Yesterday was all a bit shaky but haven't felt anything since the big one.
                  Not that my two little people even noticed the big one…. here's me standing under the door frame calling them to come to me and they're going.. "whaaa? why???"

Thanks for asking.

While I'm here, can anyone help me with an alternative to pull-ups that I could try at home? I have a gym membership but can't get there on a regular basis and am about to put it on hiatus - husband travels a lot, my daughter is too old for the childcare now, rah rah - so I want to find something I can do at home. The other PEMs are fine, obviously.
                  Thanks!

Oh, and thanks for the welcome.
                  Last edited by Twoflour; 01-20-2014, 07:54 PM. Reason: Minding my manners. :)

Comment

• Body by you is a good book to get. It shows a progression of exercises using your body weight. However Seaweed is the one to ask......... Shes our exercise guru..... She will be along presently ...........

...small steps....

Comment

• heya with G on BBY. Ozzie pull ups under a table? if those are too hard you can do the door things where you loop a towel around the door handle and pull yourself back and forth. if you google "body by you" there are I think some you-tubes? crap day today OMG. I get a flat tyre as they have graded our road. it's too flat to go anywhere to even get it fixed. turns out there is no key for the locking nuts on the mags on the trucks. bash the lock nut off the flat wheel and bodge the tyre back up. go to town to get it all sorted properly but run out of time as I have to take dd somewhere for 30. get back to the truck and the tyre is flat as a pancake so I cant drive it to the tyre shop. txtd and rung all the men. all had their phones on silent LOL and I know this as they all txt or rung me when I had called the tow truck! called the tow truck as I cant get the spare off the back. got it towed to the tyre shop. one cup of coffee, 30 mins and $30 later. all fixed and they were all so sweet. I even drove it onto the back of the tow truck all on my own which was a tad scarey. I now don't have locking nuts on the mags either!!!

Comment

• Hi all, far too many pages on this thread since the last time I was on here! Home I haven't missed out on too much good gossip ;-)

Seas, that shooting was down your way wasn't it? Pretty grim affair.
                        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• yes it was some kids from the grand kids school. very grim affair indeed.

so where have you been M? and how is the dog situation?

Comment

• Hi Misabi, how is everything in Auckland?????? Did that tropical storm have much of a sting in its tail?????

Seas - that sounds like an absolute horror story, yay for the end of the day ...... Now relax and enjoy those potatoes!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• thankfully i was in a car park when it went flat and i had roadside recovery. one of the side effects of having had the nutty exhubby is it was less drama to get roadside recovery than call him so it is a habit i have kept. saves being beholden to any men you are not already beholden too as well. i have had my coffee with calcitrim milk ( yum LOL ) and some baked red king potato wedges and i feel quite stuffed. i can also feel my hip bones jutting out so all that water weight is coming off again.

Comment

• I checked Auckland's weather the other day and thought it looked nasty. Guess that explains it. Hope everyone okay down there. Jack Frost finally remembered Korea, and it blew fiercely all last night. Thanks, asshole.

Comment

Working...
                                X