No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4kgs is very impressive Seas. I might have to try that if this doesn't work. But i will stick with it for now. I had a massive craving mid day - for sugar, of all things. But managed to resist,, and had another cup of vege soup instead.

I cannot believe how cold it is today !!!!!!?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• it was stinking hot today here but has overcast and is starting to chill down. just as I was about to don the little black bikini and go for a swim after work. i'm totally off low carb so i would be having issues W30ing anyways. altho i guess i could do it if i concentrated enough on what i was eating.

Comment

• note btw i can and have dropped 3kgs over a weekend doing zero carb. potatoes it doesn't come back on when you start eating things that aren't potatoes again. it is also the only thing ive done in my life which has resulted in rapid fat loss that never came back. and i didn't lose any muscle as i could still lift the same at the gym and i don't whimp around with little weights.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          note btw i can and have dropped 3kgs over a weekend doing zero carb. potatoes it doesn't come back on when you start eating things that aren't potatoes again. it is also the only thing ive done in my life which has resulted in rapid fat loss that never came back. and i didn't lose any muscle as i could still lift the same at the gym and i don't whimp around with little weights.
          Pretty sure that's not fat you're losing there. Despite how generally amazing the potato diet is.

p.s. Do you live in Dunners too?
          Last edited by magicmerl; 01-19-2014, 09:14 PM.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• nah it was. unless i was carrying loads of water for months. seriously it is out of it but it works. 3 months on, it is still not come back. unless you mean the 3kg over the weekend doing zero carb? that very definitely was water. just like the 1.5kg overnight on the skip dinner and down 1/3rd bottle of rum hack!

Comment

• p.s. Do you live in Dunners too?
              yes

Comment

• I am looking forward to the skip dinner and down a bottle of rum hack.........when i finish this W30
                LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• LOL i only do it maybe 2 or 3x a year and it so works wonders on the appearance. makes me look a good 5 years younger. which is dehydration but a good swift hack if you need to fit something and don't have to drive

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    LOL i only do it maybe 2 or 3x a year and it so works wonders on the appearance. makes me look a good 5 years younger. which is dehydration but a good swift hack if you need to fit something and don't have to drive
                    Omg Seas, i am ditsy enough already without weaving about clasping a bottle of rum......... It actually takes me back to my dunedin days - unicol no less !!!!!!!!!! LOL

MM are you a wee a Dunners party animal ????????

Best days of my life way back when. i had one brother at med school, and another doing dentistry, so all the " pick me up out of the gutter" help that i needed, way back in the day !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• the trick G is to only weave around those few times a year and avoid the booze studiously at all other times. once you let your tolerance up, it doesn't work properly. just been teaching my now 13 year old to drive. so funny. good job i have the patience of a saint. clutch control.

Comment

• Morning all. Another VERY cold and wet morning here today. I should get the fire going, but might just put more layers on.

Wow am i sore this morning. Those butt/hip exercises really hit the spot!!!!!

I will wrap up warm soonish and head out foe a walk/jog....... But not just yet, i am enjoying the peace and quiet!!!!!
                        I will try and post some piccys, later, of the blanket that i am doing at the moment...........

Annie, Maz and all our other lower north island primals, how have you feared after this latest round of earthquakes. That looked wicked on the newz last night. Thoughts are with you guys
                        G x

...small steps....

Comment

• it's just same old cold and windy here. got a flat tyre on the truck so i had to walk the dog around the block. relearning heel was fun. man is he naughty some days. but he got it pretty quick as he does know the drill. 0.5kg down from yesterday. potatoes and coffee for breakfast. 2 cups of water too and i remembered to take my vit B and vit C.

what hip/butt exercises did you do? my ITB on my right leg is hurting coz i decided, in my wisdom, to go for a swift walk around the block on my own last night and ran 2k of it on the newly graded road. just coz. the newly graded road is also why i have a puncture. every time they grade the road, i get a puncture. it gets very annoying indeed!

Comment

• How do i explain these jolly exercises??????
                            One of them was jumping up and holding an bar, then pulling legs up to waist,
                            Another was this machine that did back bends. Legs hooked under a weight, thighs resting on two plates, bend forward and then stretch up so your back is straight.
                            Another one was sitting on this machine, almost lying down, feet on a huge big plate thing, and pushing up and back. It was too easy so she added 2 x twenty kgs, which made it a bit harder. Not sure how much the original bar weighed ?????
                            I promise that i will ask next time.

Anyhoo down about 300 gms over night, so thats great that the scale is moving downward still.

...small steps....

Comment

• Haha, as I was reading this I realised that I've downed 3 pieces of kumara and a coffee for breakfast - but as tempting as it is, I'm not doing a potato hack!! I'd prefer, at this stage, to do the rum hack .

Nice weight loss, ladies . It's wet but not cold here. Hugs to everyone who is tired this morning from getting aftershocks all night. Be gentle with yourselves . . .
                              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• sounds like hanging leg raises, hyper extensions and seated leg press. i can do 160kgs on the seated leg press G so give it a go! and i only know that btw as someone didn't unload the machine and my pt said to give it a go as he reckoned i could. and i could. i would never even tried otherwise. usually i do leg press with one leg at a time. and the trick is to get as low as you can go.

i don't do kumara on the potato hack. i just do potatoes. it works as is so i am not getting creative. i kinda like the rest of not having to obsess about food. keep it simple. i would be pretty keen on the rum hack around about now too as it has been a very long school holiday with the crap weather and i have 3 weeks solid of children and full time work to deal with. much easier to rum hack and forget about it all. bourbon and whisky work too. and it works with mixers. the main thing is to not eat and to get totally smashed. and it is not just me that has noticed the next morning effect. i know another woman who doesn't booze and exercises lots and she says the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X