No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news. After being told at the post office yesturday that they had no parcels for me, two have mysteriously turned up overnight. It's almost like magic! Just waiting on one more that was sent to DH's work address in November........

Comment

• Fantastic newz LL. Now where is the third parcel.......
      Was invited out to to the movies and dinner last night by a group of girlfriends. Fantastic night, and i didn't break the " lose 100gms per day" routine that i have gotten myself into. So double yay for that!!!!!
      The movie was called the Book Thief, and it was such a lovely movie. Well worth a watch.
      Am off to nelson this afternoon. Sadly DH has decided not to come and watch middle ride in the barrel racing, which is sad, cos she would have loved that. Anyhoo i will drive the horsefloat up there and let middle have a well deserved kip. It will be slow going thou. I think at normal speed nelson is about 5 hours from here, but towing a horsefloat with a live one inside might be more like 7 hours. So it should be fun. I have packed the umbrella this time, too much vit D in nelson(its actually richmond, just this side of nelson) may not be the best idea. I have also packed the salmon, seaweed, carrots and nuts for me, chocolate, lollies, beer, chippies and dip for middle. Well thats what she requested !!!!!!!
      We cant leave until she has milked this morning and then shifted the irrigation this afternoon, so won't be gone from here until at least 2 pm. It could be a long one, but it will be fun.........just the old mother- adult daughter time !!!!!!!!!!
      In other newz I was getting all pissy with myself for not losing much weight, but once analysed 100 gms isn't too shabby. So if i can keep that up and lose all my 30 kgs that will take me until............ 2026 hahahahahaha no it wont, maybe until october of this year. However the key is to mix it up and not get too bored with the whole thing..........
      Watch this space
      Anyways troups have the bestest day, and i shall try and connect when i am in nelson
      G x
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Have a wonderful day, G!!

I've just contacted a personal trainer . . . will let you know how it goes!! He's not young, and has a good rep for working with individuals - and also does sports massage.
        Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• He's not young, and has a good rep for working with individuals - and also does sports massage.
          I think mine would be mid 30s. he's been in the industry for 15 years. he's also the only hot man I have ever seen in a gym LOL lucky you on the sports massage.

In other newz I was getting all pissy with myself for not losing much weight, but once analysed 100 gms isn't too shabby. So if i can keep that up and lose all my 30 kgs that will take me until............ 2026 hahahahahaha no it wont, maybe until october of this year.
          you don't want to lose too much weight too quick so October is pretty good. just make sure you take loads of vit C to help with detox as your body stores toxins in fat to keep it away from your organs.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            you don't want to lose too much weight too quick so October is pretty good. just make sure you take loads of vit C to help with detox as your body stores toxins in fat to keep it away from your organs.
            You are such a veritable fountain of excruciatingly interesting information, seaweed . Seriously good point!!
            Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• I thought that gem was almost into the realms of CW knowledge? decidedly disgusting weather today. it is so cold it feels like winter. I haven't even taken the dog out as I couldn't face being sand blasted and rained on and the sub Antarctic wind at 6am. it's not warmed up or eased off any yet so I poss should have just done it then. the sand blows at eye level for the dog too so I prefer not to do that to him so we may have to practise walking on the lead around the block. I will be crazy by the end of it as he is so naughty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
                You are such a veritable fountain of excruciatingly interesting information, seaweed . Seriously good point!!
                I totally agree with you Jac. we have our own little walking encyclopedia !!!!!!
                and well done on the PT.
                I have just done my strength ones at home, and now off to get packed and ready to head on up to Richmond, Nelson.
                ........and the kittens are ssssssooooooooo cute, does anyone want one ???????I will be at the Auckland airport early march......

...small steps....

Comment

• Wow, I got behind on this just by going away for 24 hours or so. Well done to those staying primal and having some weight loss. I have been eating bread and having some gain, so take it from me: Don't go there.

No thanks, I do NOT want a kitten.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    that shooting we had last night was 2 kids from my grand daughter's school. nasty, horrid.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Good morning guys, looks like you have all been very quiet in my absence. Is J back from her 'fishing' trip yet ??????

Had the best weekend in Richmond. Middle didnt do so well with her barrel race, however the dust was incredible and i think Dusty might has baulked a little going back through it. All these experiences are good thou, and i predict this time next year, she will be graduating from the slacks to the open event. And she has to remember that alot of these girls buy horses already broken to the barrel.middle has broken her own horse in. Anyhoo i had a great weekend. Stuck to my whole 30 too!!!!!!

Have lost INCHES - yay !!!!!!!!!!

Okay had best be off - the PT awaits ..........

...small steps....

Comment

• awesome on the inches G! and have fun at the gym. i am not going till Thursday so i am expecting a full report so i can live vicariously. pretty good on the barrel racing. i know barrel racing horses cost a small fortune so breaking your own one in is probably not easy. i do love to watch barrel racing. we were thinking about going to the rodeo as there is one near here soon i think so let us know if you are coming down.

not much going on here. dd2s a teen now. she loved the Gallagher girls books i got her btw Annie. good recommendation there as it is a logical step up from her beloved EJ12 books. she has always struggled with her reading and has only just caught up to her age range. so books like this are so good for her as she enjoys them enough to read them and doesn't refuse in case she cant read them properly.

potatoing here this week. feeling the need to lean out a bit. and i am over all the xmas and birthday food so i need a rest.

Comment

• Hiyya Seas, so when you say potatoing, what are you actually gonna eat, when, how etc......

And yes middle is competing near dunedin I think soon. In fact there are 3 or 4 in a circuit down your way. I will pm you her name.
                          You have got to catch up with her, shes a good kid.

I think that i overdid the nuts and fruit over the weekend, as i didnt lose a sausage, so i might go easy on those few foods for the rest of my whole 30. I am about day 17, so i am really hoping this tweak will work for me.

Today at the gym we concentrated on hips and legs. Well i feel it in my hips and legs, so i am sure thats where we were concentrating. I didnt find todays session very hard. She kept adding weights to the leg exercises (oh and thats right we did some arm pulls with weights as well), which she also kept adding weights to, so am feeling great that i exceeded her expects!!!!!!

Right - off to do some ironing and housework. Why is it that when you go away and leave a clean house, you come home to a dirty, messy house............ What is it with adult kids and 'usbands?????? Can't even put dishes in the washer, and washing in the machine ?????????

...small steps....

Comment

• potatoing means potatoes and more potatoes. I just eat potatoes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't count. Just eat. I had cold boiled maori potatoes for breakfast and cold oven baked chip sized ones for lunch. and a few more for a snack just now. I have coffee with full fat milk for breakfast. then coffee with calcitrim milk the rest of the day. water when I want. last time I did 2 weeks and got so cold and sluggish after a week. this time I am doing 5 days and then gonna assess what to do next.

if you could lift a 100kg sheep in the past, it wont take long to get strong again. a lot of it is in your head so you will have a huge advantage over someone who never could do that. not sure what we are doing next time I go. we did a MMA circuit last time. I much prefer big weights myself but it is nice to bust out a HIIT sorta hour just to prove I can still do it. what are arm pulls? do you mean like rows? given up with cleaning for now. I need to work and earn money!

Comment

• Arm pulls........ Grab the bar way up over your head, and sit on the wee seat, then pull them down to about shoulder height. There will be an actual name for them as well, but i dont know it !!!!!!! Oh yeah and we also did some chest push out things. I will learn theri names for next week. That can be my homework.

So do you have butter or oil on your potatos???? Mashed ?????? Do you eat any protein at all?????

...small steps....

Comment

• lat pull downs by the sound of it. chest push out things is probably seated machine chest press. unless you lay on the bench and used the bar? no fat with the potatoes. sometimes I have a bit of cider vinegar. bit of salt. maybe some mustard. potatoes do actual have complete protein and i think all the BCAAs. being 1/4 irish, and our whanau also having been out before the potato famine, I figure we can deal with it genetically. they raised a nation on potatoes and milk if they were lucky. so I have potatoes and calcitrim milk. 4kgs down in 1 week last time. and it didn't go back on. i'll get into the venison at the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X