No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would go for two strands of 8 ply Annie. You must post a piccy when all done. I am gonna get some double pointy needles today in town, cos i loved that slipper pattern so much!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• that shooting we had last night was 2 kids from my grand daughter's school. nasty, horrid.

back from the gym. MMA circuit so it was easy. well hard but easy.

Comment

• What shooting Seas ?????? Haven't heard anything????????

...small steps....

Comment

• Deceased had breached protection orders which is also why we never bothered with a protection order as they only work on law abiding citizens. quite why he had to shoot the kids is beyond me. i don't do well with that sort of stuff at all. and the poor mother. no doubt i will find out what really happened when i talk to my oldest next.

Comment

• That is just so tragic, you really do have to wonder about some people. Sadly you don't know what they are capable of until after the fact.

...small steps....

Comment

• That poor, poor mother. What possesses people? Why can't they simply kill themselves instead?
              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Eeep that is awful news! Seas, I agree with you, that protection orders aren't going to do a thing to protect people from the real monsters out there. When I was in high school a friend who lived with us was slapped with a protection order by his ex-girlfriend, and he was really a very harmless person, the judge even acknowledged it at the time but did it anyway. Makes me think that there is something very wrong with that system as it obviously doesn't work well at all.

I was going to come on here and complain about the kids school this morning, but it all feels rather redundant now! Off to my Malay language class now, so I'll go complain to them instead.

Comment

• I cant project that sort of stuff as i have no understanding of why you would shoot children. my heart goes out to that poor woman. i couldn't imagine losing my kids like that. it would be something you would never ever get over.

maudlin topic. changing the subject. how is your arm G?

Comment

• Why can't they simply kill themselves instead?
                    he did kill himself but he killed the kids as well.

Comment

• I've been involved (professionally) in some really horrible crimes, and often people's thought processes only make sense in their own worlds. Some really are monsters who are out to cause pain, but often it's ordinary people with truly screwed up thinking that makes total sense to them. So horribly sad for them all.

I came in here to complain, too, about having stomach pains. Now, like you LL, I think that's not important in the bigger scheme of things.

On another subject, I've done 1 and 1/2 squares for my blanket! I can't get the measurements right - 40 stitches comes out at about 23cm, so I tried to do the same length as that to make a square. If I get the second one to measure the same as the first, it'll be a miracle . This blanket will be going in the spare room if it turns out OK, and onto the dogs' bed if it's a mess!! Doesn't help that my older girl, who is a sedate and mature 6 years old, thinks that stealing the wool is the best game in the world .
                      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• that was why I said I cant project. I have no idea why as I am not that crazy. Just got off the phone to my oldest. Nasty nasty situation. Incredibly sad. She knew the little girl and it is tragic.

Way to go on the blanket Jac. I have done nothing crafty. I'm pretty much head above water with work and the hols right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                          he did kill himself but he killed the kids as well.
                          Yes, I got that bit - what gets me is they feel the need to take others with them. Enraging. How they get that sense of entitlement is beyond me.

Comment

• they were his kids too. I think it is coz they are already crazy that they do it and then we cant project. we also have no ability to fathom the way kids and women are seen sometimes. very upsetting.

Comment

• 'If I can't have them then I'll make sure you can't either' seems to be the thought process - but thinking of your children as your possessions is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Comment

• you do get a disproportionate amount of cases in south Africa amongst the afrikaners where the man kills himself and the whole family as he feels they cant go on without him. there's an actual name for that. I don't think this was it. it could even have been that the kids were screaming so he shot them to shut them up. who knows. I just hope he didn't stuff around and shot them in the head.

Comment

Working...
                                X