No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree with massage, got mine booked in tomorrow morning as I'm a bit sore from that yoga.

I made it through a BBQ today without cheating, and I even made the most perfect pav for pudding and only had the smallest teaspoonful (literally). Then I had to just walk away, but I did it.

Comment

• Gwamma, I hope you will be able to get out of bed in the morning for your next session, it sounds incredibly intense and we are all so proud of you.

Proud of Lizzie too for your awesome self control at the BBQ. That's fantastic.

And of Seaweeds dd - getting a deer at 12yo and enduring all the frustration, exertion and actual pain involved. SuperKid!

My claims to fame are not getting seasick while out sailing (those Sealegs tablets are great for that), and baking a loaf of artisan bread for family birthday and like LL only taking a nibble. It got the thumbs up from everyone included my nephew who called it "pretty near fantastic" and his Grandad who is actually a baker and tells me I have the texture right (but the crust still too leathery, possibly due to cooking at too high temperature). So I'm making another loaf and will try to address that issue.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Thanks Annieh, you did pretty well yourself, fresh bread would have to be one of the hardest things ever to pass up! What recipe do you use? I love bread baking, and luckily for me the bread here sucks so I bake at least two loaves a week for my family and I often bake for a friend also. Actually I'd have to admit that the bread baking probably accounts for a fair amount of my primal failure recently, but I get a kick out of producing the perfect loaf. It's an art form for sure.

Comment

• (those Sealegs tablets are great for that
          i love those drugs! i have a bottle in my handbag. just in case. another yucky wintery day today. it will be sacrilege but i am going to marinate some of the back straps off dd's deer as they ate some marinated venison when we were out for xmas. they don't normally eat venison. this one isn't gamey so you don't need to marinate it but whatever works.

i knew a baker and she reckoned 220 deg C for 10 mins at the beginning and then turn it down to 180. this is from memory. if i could eat wheat, i would sourdough every now and then and not stress about my primal purity too much.

Comment

• thanx for the advice girls, however i am sooooooo ticklish I don't think that I could stand a massage ??????
            well done on the self control, I love the smell of bread cooking, but day 8 or 9 today, and 2kgs down...........lets stick with it !!!!!!!
            I use Anabelle Langbines recipe, slightly revamped, and I cook them in a tin can, very yummy and full of nuts etc......

heres my bread, along with some merangues and naughty chocolates !!!!!
            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• deep tissue massage isn't ticklish. you so don't know what you are missing! the sun is now out here but windy as. it was like walking up a sand waterfall at the beach this morning. are you training today G?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                i love those drugs! i have a bottle in my handbag. just in case. another yucky wintery day today. it will be sacrilege but i am going to marinate some of the back straps off dd's deer as they ate some marinated venison when we were out for xmas. they don't normally eat venison. this one isn't gamey so you don't need to marinate it but whatever works.

i knew a baker and she reckoned 220 deg C for 10 mins at the beginning and then turn it down to 180. this is from memory. if i could eat wheat, i would sourdough every now and then and not stress about my primal purity too much.
                It will be great if the kids will eat the venison. what will you use for marinade?

Yes, I'll try 220 this time, I went as far as 240 and it was extremely hot.

I make the bread for others because they simply will NOT consider not having it and every single loaf I can find in the supermarket contains both soy and canola among other additives, not to mention being very expensive for so little nutrition in my view. I used to use my bread maker regularly but it broke, now I have found a no-knead recipe that ferments overnight which theoretically deals with the gluten content. I have no way of proving this but it's still worth a try.

I'm not really tempted by bread any more, myself. Causes too much smelliness, and I love my fruit and cheese and chocolate and potatoes (I could go on...) so getting enough carbs from other sources is not a problem.

G, I'm with you on the massage, would be far too nervous of tickles to relax and let it work.
                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• i was probably a cat in a former life as i love being massaged. if i was loaded i would go for one a week. i don't have any issues with being touched either. i did get one massage off treatme and the guy massaged my ass thru the towel which was plain weird. it should simply be another piece of meat and i reckon if you do that it makes it feel dodgy. i also don't know about dealing with the gluten A, i think it is a urban legend or we'd all be fine on sourdough. i wish! i don't miss bread usually either. only the decent stuff. i can stand GF bread and crackers at all. marinade we do plum sauce, sweet chilli sauce, tamari and honey and herbs with are around or a variation there of. i still prefer mine plain.

Comment

• just back from the gym, and once again I am totally rinsed..... we worked on legs and stomach today, and once again I nearly vomitted near the end. However was able to walk out of the gym when I had finished without a sit down. Crikey I am unfit.
                    ( Maybe I should be carbing up before my workout, however if I actually vomit - not such a good look with food in your stomach)
                    but she is so kicking my butt - which is what I need.
                    I still cannot straighten my right arm, so something is amiss, however the pain isn't quite so intense.

...small steps....

Comment

• what did you do this time? i only go once a week. sometimes 2x if i am flush. i never feel like that. i feel more like i can fly when i am finished. occasionally i feel rinsed but not sore. more tired like i deserve to be.

Comment

• I am just so incredibly unfit Seas.
                        Today we ran up the stairs, walked down then did 12 squats, all of this x5
                        Then we did sit ups, with an arch in my lower back, 3 sets of 12
                        Then did some oblique work, 3 sets of 12 .
                        I will only go once a week, but need to do the workouts in my own gym another two x per weeks. I will give this a go for 10 weeks with this PT and then if i am gettig stronger review, and look at upping my intensity.
                        If i go like a bull at a gate to start with thou, i might fizzle.............. So we shall see

...small steps....

Comment

• that all sounds very bull at the gateish to me but then i do hate all that HIIT circuiting stuff. i prefer more the medatitive quality of doing big weights. when i studied personal training btw my assessor had a go at me as i didn't push my client enough. he'd ducked out to take a register and missed her telling me she didn't feel well. she looked pale and already had very high blood pressure. i know my personal limits. i will, if necessary refuse to do things. my trainer too has worked for years in the industry and knows lots of prehab. so if i have something dodgy or hurt, we do something else. we stop part way thru even if something is hurting and do something different. it is incredibly important not to injure yourself or burn out and to nuture your love of training.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            day 8 or 9 today, and 2kgs down...........lets stick with it !!!!!!!!
                            *claps heartily*

Need to go purchase some new scales so that I can check up on myself. The scales at the hotel in Abu Dhabi gave me a shocker, hence the whole 30 thing.

Comment

• 2kgs Gwamma? Outstanding!
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Yeah, that's super, and so are your fitness efforts. Please don't get injured, you need to be able to keep at it while you build your habits and technique and strength. Go, Gwamma...
                                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Working...
                                X