No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes yes yes - Gwamma is very sore this morning, however having a wee decaf coff as i type, and then maybe a little stroll on a cold saturday morning!!!!!!
    I hope the pork goes well LL. Middle is hunting at Mt Somers. I have suggested that my freezer could do with some venison, heres hoping she complies !!!!!!
    Good lord, one whole week today, i think. Havent lost huge amounts, only 1 kg, but hey thats better than nuffink!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• And Seas, yes that dessert sounds great, I would even use the whole milk - obviously more calories but still...I think I better wait till after this wedding that I suddenly and vainly decided I wanted to drop some bodyfat for.
      i use low fat cottage cheese instead of the milk or calcitrim. stuff all calories all up. you can use berries instead of mango too.

Sometimes I just want to hug you to pieces.
      * cough* there is actually a queue Joanie.

let us know on the wild pork LL. my advice to you before you cook it all is to cook a small piece to guage the flavour and texture so you can then decide what to do with it. i do that with game meats given to me from unknown terrain.

tomorrow you will possibly ache a bit more G so keep the water up and walk lots and stretch. when you stop hurting, do it all again!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
        ROTFLMFAO... oh that is too funny! A queue to hug a crusty old warthog! lol

Comment

• a HUGE queue.............

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
            Gwamma, do you have a pattern for those TV slippers that would fit my adult (size 7-7 1/2) foot.

I was using this one: Grandma's Knitted Slippers | FaveCrafts.com but even the size large is Not Quite Big Enuf. Actually I started with size medium and lengthened it to the large once I got under way. I have a feeling that just lengthening it even more would change the proportions in an odd way. So now I'm thinking I need to start again but then would I add stitches to the width also? What would you do??
            Annie, I just received an email today for a free e-book of patterns and there's a 5-size pattern for slippers in it. Easy Knits: 7 Free Easy Knitting Patterns

Have a look and see if it's your style.
            Last edited by Kiwigalnz; 01-10-2014, 04:18 PM. Reason: incomplete word

Comment

• warthogs are pretty cute doc. stuffed up and yet again didn't get anywhere near a wool or sewing machine shop. i was too busy riding the motorcycle and dreaming of guns. we're off hunting tonight and tomorrow so very exciting. i also got given 2 crayfish today so i have already had a good day!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                ROTFLMFAO... oh that is too funny! A queue to hug a crusty old warthog! lol
                Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                a HUGE queue.............
                Well, I normally don't do lines, but I might make an exception for that hug - have some respect for your elders, ladies... old woman comin' through.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I am happy to be third in line.........

...small steps....

Comment

• did you dd get anything G? my very almost 12 year old shot a deer for me. right thru the neck so we didn't even waste any of the meat. i was so proud of her. i knew she wasn't going to be silly and wimp out but it took ages to find a deer in range. the first lot we saw had fawns so we couldn't shoot any of them. we did loads of tramping around real steep hills. following the guys who do it all the time made me realise how precious i still am about my ankles. they also shot a deer so i ended up carrying both the back legs and pelvis out of their deer. one of the guys carried dd's whole deer and dd carried the back pack with the organs and the backstraps and one of the front legs off their deer out. steep, steep gully so yet again i was very proud of her. she didn't complain and just did it.

Comment

• Wow Seas, that is fantastic, what a little trouper. Middle saw lots of sign but no deer, so will pop back to that area another day.
                      Have two incredibly sore arms today, one more than the other. In fact i cant straighten the really sore one. I am still gonna go tomorrow morning thou, and we can work on other parts of the bod, or go easy on the arms ?????? I have just found some woolen sleeves that i used to use for cycling, so have one on the sore arm, hoping that the heat might help.
                      We shall see!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• massage helps and so does a hot bath with epsom salts. dd#2 does have flashes of total brilliance. i had one of those moments where i just sat and watched her. she was wearing a pair of little denim shorts, her purple nike frees and my light weight hunting jacket and was discussing where the deer were with one of the guys. i have the odd moment where i realise something earth shattering and it's almost like the sky falls down around you. not in a bad way but everything moves slowly for a while. it was like that watching her. i knew then she'd get a deer as we'd been walking for ages and tried 3 different spots and the south westerly was closing in. all the deer were very flighty and too far away to shoot. or, as i said before, they had fawns so we never shot them then as the fawns wont survive at this stage on their own. poor girl was looking right down the scope when she pulled the trigger so she got bopped between the eyes with the recoil. thankfully it was suppressed so it wasn't so bad but she has a good bruise. for some reason I've never managed that or even noticed i was avoiding it.

Comment

• Wow - the old bruise between the eyes trick, ouch !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• i usually get a bruised shoulder from my shot gun but not from deer rifles. she cried too poor thing. it did look very painful. G are you back at the trainer tomorrow? is that what you meant by still going tomorrow?

Comment

• Yep 7am tomorrow morning, and then i hope to do mondays if i can

...small steps....

Comment

• wow well done! are you going to keep going with the body weight stuff for a while then? i'm quite excited about going next as we've just gotten onto doing weighted glute bridges, stiff legged deads and weighted good mornings and all sorts of new upper body exercises. i am trying to avoid any OHP type activities so i will have words. i have this irrational fear of ending up with big delts is it? the muscle at the very top outside of the arm. i like bones sticking out on my shoulders.

if you can work it, see if you can go for a massage once a week after you've trained. say tues or weds. it will make all the diff and i am sure it helps with weight loss. i cant afford it so i don't go anywhere near as much as i should.

Comment

Working...
                                X