No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been eating fresh cherries. TQP has this awesome recipe for mango custard. you can make it with coconut milk so it would be whole 30 compliant. I don't think it counts as SWYPO. I freeze whole mangos. peel and chop them. put them in a blender with 1/2 c cottage cheese or calcitrim milk or coconut milk, a raw egg and some vanilla. blend. maybe add another 1/2 c water if it isn't blending. then melt 1 tbsp of gelatin in 1/2 c water. drizzle that in with the blender going and it should set. I have that for lunch. low fat, high protein and high carb and loads of gelatin. I am planning to pip out some raw cherries and freeze them and make it with that and almond essence for lunch tomorrow. i'm still getting in lots of venison and eggs too. in fact, adding in the extra venison for breakfast seems to be making all the difference.

Comment

• Shit....... Just had quite a large earthquake, well we certainly rocked and rolled at mine......... Bloody things
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
        Shit....... Just had quite a large earthquake, well we certainly rocked and rolled at mine......... Bloody things
        You okay? Scary http://www.geonet.org.nz/quakes/felt I had no idea that New Zealand experienced earthquakes pretty much daily.
        Last edited by badgergirl; 01-09-2014, 07:56 PM.
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Aaaahhhh it was a 4.5 and centred just under us- yay for meNOT

...small steps....

Comment

• Yum Seas, that mango pudding sounds delish, and here's me fresh back from the market with three perfect mangoes ready to go. Shit out of luck with the gelatin though, it's not halal, and I've not seen it in any of the non-halal shops. Can do agar agar to set a jelly but I suppose the health benefits would be less so.

I'm glad you say that about upping the carbs on whole 30, I just can't cope with VLC and still manage running or brain function! I've been hitting the fruit over the last week, banana's and apples and blueberries and grapes and oranges, and then I totally had to stop myself at the market after papaya and mangoes - there were some nice looking rambutan but I'm the only one who eats them and I didn't want to be a piggy. Had some lovely kumara fries for dinner the other night, such a good way to fill up.

Had a good sleep last night so all back on track now I think. We're all looking forward to a lie in tomorrow morning though.

Oh and best news of my week, we are finally getting A/C in our kitchen! Just waiting for them to arrive now to install, thank god because it was just getting to friggin hot to think straight in there sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              You okay? Scary GeoNet - Quakes I had no idea that New Zealand experienced earthquakes pretty much daily.
              Chch has had a run of them for about 3 years, and then they started up in seddon, near the cook strait. But we are getting tiddlers all the time, however when they are shallow, and centered near you, they really throw you around. Nevermind, the power hasn't gone off!!!!!!!
              Sorry i got the wrong day for small boyz party Badger. Hope sunday goes well

...small steps....

Comment

Sorry i got the wrong day for small boyz party Badger. Hope sunday goes well
                The important thing is that we don't get the day wrong, or the guests for that matter. I've just decided to spend tomorrow making 25 eye patches for the party bags... yes, I'm insane.
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• No you are not, i have also been known to throw the odd HUGE childrens party. And all the parents stay as well, which i think is actually easier because then they can be responsible for their own children!!!!!!!! And the alcohol never flowed until after the kidlies were fed !!!!! Irresponsible host - absolutely!! Did anyone EVER want to NOT come to Gwammas parties - absolutely NOT!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

No you are not, i have also been known to throw the odd HUGE childrens party. And all the parents stay as well, which i think is actually easier because then they can be responsible for their own children!!!!!!!! And the alcohol never flowed until after the kidlies were fed !!!!! Irresponsible host - absolutely!! Did anyone EVER want to NOT come to Gwammas parties - absolutely NOT!!!!!!
                    lol.... somehow I'm not surprised! .....

Comment

• So my husband just returned from a boys shopping trip with freshly caught, wild pork pieces, direct from the Borneo rainforest. The guy who sold it to him caught it in a pit trap. Can't wait to cook it up tomorrow.......just hope it wasn't a tough old beastie.

Comment

• G, I'm so glad you're okay! Earthquakes scare the bejebus out of me! One of the reasons I moved out of CA was that everytime a truck drove by and shook a building, I thought the earth was going to open up and swallow us all. But the oldwives' tales do say that if you get them on a regular basis, it keeps the really big ones from happening, and I think oldwives are some smart cookies.

ETA: Lizzielou, please report back on wild pig!
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Lizzielou that wild pork sounds fantastic. Lucky you. I cooked my rabbit today, it was ok, a bit drier than chicken I see why you need to add butter.

Gwamma, great work at the gym, hope you're not too sore tomorrow. I will never forget the first time I entered a gym. Well actually it's leaving the gym that I remember most - I could barely walk down the stairs, haha. Or move anything for the next week.

And when will those earthquakes ever end????? Three years is a very long time to be having aftershocks. There will be babies and children who have never known that the earth is meant to stay still. Like African children born in a drought who have never seen rain.

And Seas, yes that dessert sounds great, I would even use the whole milk - obviously more calories but still...I think I better wait till after this wedding that I suddenly and vainly decided I wanted to drop some bodyfat for.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            G, I'm so glad you're okay! Earthquakes scare the bejebus out of me! One of the reasons I moved out of CA was that everytime a truck drove by and shook a building, I thought the earth was going to open up and swallow us all. But the oldwives' tales do say that if you get them on a regular basis, it keeps the really big ones from happening, and I think oldwives are some smart cookies.

ETA: Lizzielou, please report back on wild pig!
                            well they didn't get to be OLD wives by being dumb bunnies.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              well they didn't get to be OLD wives by being dumb bunnies.....
                              Sometimes I just want to hug you to pieces.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                Sometimes I just want to hug you to pieces.
                                Someday I just might let you! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X