No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G make sure she doesn't sell you short and just give you a bit of cardio and some machines. be specific with what you want to do. we started out with just lift big heavy weights and it went downhill from there LOL

Comment

• Good luck at the gym, Gwamma. You are really taking this seriously, that's sure to lead to success

I forgot how hungry I get when I go to the gym - I ate so much this afternoon that I then couldn't manage our picnic tea. Now it's 10pm and I'm hungry again but it's probably not worth eating now, I'll just have a cuppa and go to bed, hopefully wake up with a flatter tummy, haha.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Fingers crossed for that flatter tummy Anneih!

Just back from the most devine yoga session, outside in the warm evening listening to the trees. It was great, and hopefully I can continue for the rest of the term. Just need to organise a babysitter for a couple of the sessions.

My nausea came right this morning after my nap, starting to wonder if it was just exhaustion after so many days lacking decent sleep. No doubt I'll be lying awake until 1am again thanks to my morning nap though. At least the kids finally seem to be back to normal.

Goodnight all.

Comment

• right troups- Gwamma is off to her first gym session EVER !!!!!!!! well at a paying gym. I explained to the receptionist that i only want to do weights. I can do cardio etc.... in my own time, but i really want some guidance on strength. Since we have moved from the farm (nearly 4 years ago) i have become so weak. I now struggle to carry two 20 kg buckets for any distance. That is just SAD !!!!!!! especially when i used to be able to lift a 100kg sheep onto the back of a truck............ so PT here I come !!!!!!
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
            right troups- Gwamma is off to her first gym session EVER !!!!!!!! well at a paying gym. I explained to the receptionist that i only want to do weights. I can do cardio etc.... in my own time, but i really want some guidance on strength. Since we have moved from the farm (nearly 4 years ago) i have become so weak. I now struggle to carry two 20 kg buckets for any distance. That is just SAD !!!!!!! especially when i used to be able to lift a 100kg sheep onto the back of a truck............ so PT here I come !!!!!!
            You know that PT stands for Pain and Torture, right? lol... good luck with the sheep hefting!

Comment

• Holy shit balls.... Pain and torture is right, however now that i am not feeling like i want to vomit, and my legs have stopped shaking, i feel amaz- balls!!!!!!!!!
              So there you have it Gwamma has fallen in love with the cute tiny little PT called Jules, well not that kind of love, but she kicked my arse so hard......... And she took into account my BBy stuff, so it was all bodyweight stuff........woohoo hopefully after i tone up, lose weight, we can start some big boy stuff
              Rinsed !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• so what did you actually do? this is so exciting! i get lost sometimes on the way to find the car when I've been training. so funny. if i am texting on the way out, i miss the exit on all the stairs as they all look the same. it will prob hurt for a few days G. so do stretches and have to epsom salt baths and walk lots. active recovery. and it's ok. i love my trainer too so i know what you mean. and can you also now see the point of having one. i'm not disciplined enough to do that much on my own.

Comment

• I now struggle to carry two 20 kg buckets for any distance. That is just SAD !!!!!!! especially when i used to be able to lift a 100kg sheep onto the back of a truck............ so PT here I come !!!!!!
                  also this. there is a masters 3 female power lifter who goes to my gym. when she started, a few years ago, she struggled apparently to do 20 reps of bench with the bar and now she can do 50 something kgs. it will come back and you already know you can do it. piece of cake G.

Comment

• Thanx Seas. When i first got there we had a chat and i explained that i was doing a whole 30 yadda yadda yaa, and she said that sounds like the way i eat. What paleo said I- yes said she..... I couldnt believe my ears.
                    Anyhoo she had never heard of mark, or M dA, or whole 30 etc........ So i enlightened her, and it was just brilliant.
                    We only did 3 sets of the following
                    12 full correctly done squats
                    12 pull ups with the rings, feet on the floor but at quite the angle
                    12 pressups on the bar which was about 1.5 ft off the gjround
                    And then a plank for as long as
                    .........so totally rinsed, and i nearly vomitted aftr the warmdown, but i feel great now, after a banana and an avocado.
                    Just loved this feeling that i have now of accomplishment, not necessarily at the time, but now!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• i nearly vomitted aftr the warmdown
                      The mark of a good workout!
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Or toooooooooo much vodka the night before!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• or too much rum the night before!!! just watch going to LC if you are training. I eat way lots of fruit right now and I am doing a whole lot better and am a whole lot thinner than my VLC days without trying. it is easy to get enthusiastic about paleo and the logic all makes so much sense but monitor it closely. I aint ever going there again.

Comment

• Youngest has just rung from Queenstown, and is about to do the bungy jump- tallest one in the world apparently, and all i can think of is - orbital haematomas !!!!!!! How sad am I !!!!!!
                            Off to middles for dinner tonight. Have my carbonated water, and extra food for me, if its all too CW. Made a huge profiterole tower, drizzled with white chocolate and toffee for them, and have packed a couple of apples for me. I have never been a dessert person, so am not in the least concerned about forgoing that monstrosity !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• I wouldn't be keen on any bungy jumping. she can keep it! and profiterole towers ditto. pavlova may be more of an issue to forgo but I think total denial is easier than moderation. says the true addict here!

Comment

• I also am going through a higher carb phase at present Seas. Loving new carrots, lettuce and apples at present. Last night i was on a real sugar low, and started ferreting about the house looking for sugar, and then i woke up !!!!!!!!! So during my 'i need sugar ' phases, i am having a carrot or apple

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X