Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G, those are beautiful!

(And it's a good talent to have for the zombie apocalypse.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      try a wee bit of magnesium LL - it might help you sleep a weeny bit.
      Is DH loving his Job ??????
      I might need some tips when youngest finishes her CPL next year. Apparently they need to get huge hours under their belt before AirNZ will hire. She looks so cute in her uniform............
      I hadn't thought of Magnesim, will go raid the bathroom shortly!

DH is having a great time here, the job is pretty basic, and he's getting frustrated with the local work ethic, but the hours are fantastic and the money is pretty good.

Yes pilots do need big hours, lots of them do time tutoring in flight schools or doing delivery type mail services up and down the country or possibly tourist flying stuff. Often they are best to go overseas, there is lots of work in Africa or Australia in small light aircraft. It's hard to break into AirNZ, from what I can see there are other things that count for a lot other than just hours with the airlines, like management and leadership skills and effective decision making. She should really focus on that sort of thing - perhaps some volunteer stuff maybe, or doing some papers at uni. Good luck to her!

Comment

• Awesome crocheting G! You and the wife would get along quite nicely, I think.... She's a crocheting fiend.... we must have 20 of her crochet afghans lying around, and she has given away even more than that....

Comment

• I love the white one G! I so cant crochet to save my life. if you are doing a tutorial I would be up for it.

Comment

• Nice handiwork G, love the white one. I have a cross stitch to do in the winter, wonder if I will ever get it done?? Will be studying this year, so crafting may be on the back burner for a while.

Found a new herbal product last night that may help DD1 with her arthritis - it's called ArthRem, and is made locally. It has had good reviews, so will buy some tomorrow for both of us to take (an average of 3 months treatment is advised). If I can get rid of the niggling ain, and DD1 can walk normally again without pain I will be stoked. Will also buy the sa to take with jelly, and continue the apple cider vinegar.

Tired tonight, only did some gardening today, so off to bed soon.

Comment

• there was no gelatin left in new world today so I was annoyed. i'd also look at the calcium / magnesium / phosphorus ratio of the food you eat. I am the only person who ever mentions it but you need to be careful as they all synergise with each other and need to be in balance or the absorption of one is put out. you'd need to look up the correct ratio. usually the problem with LC is too high phosphorus pushing out already low magnesium and calcium. or I have had issues shall I say and neatly siddle behind n = 1.

Comment

• I'm sooo in love with the white one, too Gwamma! It's not just the colours, but I like the combination of the knitting and crocheting - beautiful! Do you put backing on them, or just leave them as plain wool?

We've taken down the tent from the back yard, so the holiday season must be over, lol. I've realised over the last few weeks just how far my health has come in the last 6 months. It's pretty awesome! My goals for the next 6 months are more in line with following my creative dreams (like making a blanket, lol) and appreciating my body for the marvel it is.
                Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• We are evidently united in loving Gwamma's wool blanket

Jac, it's so great that you can look back an see such good health improvements. Blessings for 2014 to be the healthiest year yet!
                  And yay for creativity, it's wonderful how it flourishes when we are feeling well.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• good blog post today by mark on walking. i wander around so much so I do like justification. i am amazed too at the marvel of the body.i saw an unreal poster of Arnie with an inspirational quote from him once that i would love for my wall. It was something like how people think body builders are vain but really they are artists as you can sculpt each bit. i've never taken it to that level but it is amazing what you can do with some focus.

not winning the creativity front. and it is raining still so i still cant go cut any harakeke. its prob not even worth trying till we've had a good week of sun so it has time to dry out. i should get a crochet hook and some wool when i am in town next and hassle G!

Comment

• Thanx guys. I am kicking myself that i didn't photograph the white one at christmas. The one in the picture was created on one huge knitting needle, and then i crocheted around the edge. This last one i did at christmas was made by knitting 25 squares of differing patterns - 40 stitches x 40 rows. I then crocheted a border on each one, and then put them together - confused???? So am I !!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I will try and post another piccy of a square when i have made one, was working on one last night, so maybe later..............
                      Well day 4, no alcohol, day 5 of the other, and still not sleeping very well. I might take some magnesium, however need to look into seas claims about supplements first. I am however off for a good walk on my boring flat road after my decaf coff!!!!!!!!!!
                      Be good youse fullas
                      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• thankfully i made the beach this morning in between the rain. it's flat too but not boring. if i have decaf coffee i am literally comatose by 6pm. the trick G is to make sure your phosphorus isn't too high as that will push the other 2 out. i don't like to track etc but just run what you eat in a day thru paleotrack and see what the ca, phos and mag numbers are vs the RDAs. it will give you a rough idea.

Comment

• I will look into that seas. Just back from an hours amble along THE most boring road in the country!!!!!!!
                          Feet sore, but happy head. You could say that for the last hour I have made like Annie !!!!!!!!!!
                          Althou i would have preferred the beach or bush.........
                          Youngest( the trainee pilot) has headed off this morning in MY naughty little red car, to queenstown for a few nights. Her new best friend is a wee Thai guy who wanted to be a fashion designer, but his father said NO, be a pilot instead. So 6 of them have gone down in two cars, youngest being the only girl..........
                          Heres hoping they dont get up to too much mischief whilst in the south of the south - i might have to call on you Seas to sort them out !!!!!!!
                          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• no kids this weekend so i am more likely to lead them astray! i don't mind ambling on roads. i prefer dirt roads or beach or bush or hills too but exercise is still exercise. a boring road is still way better than sitting on my ass and i do have an mp3 player. are you still wearing the VFFs? one thing dd noticed when they went to wellington is how much her feet hurt from walking on pavements. she has some nike frees.

Comment

• Good job Gwamma, I love walking, just wish I could get out more often here to walk but it's so damn hot I tend to just hide away in the air conditioned gym. Besides they don't really do footpaths and the roads are too dodgy to risk. Did my 5 km today on the treadmill, but I am definitely feeling the effects of this diet, thought I was dying around the 4km mark. I convinced myself that the machine was faulty because it felt like I had run a whole lot more than 5!

I'm also surviving on about 6hrs sleep today due to this never ending jet lag. The kids were up until almost midnight last night and I was lying awake until almost 1am, my mission for the day is to get through it without stopping for a nap because I think that'll just prolong the jet lag. Feeling like death just now though.

Comment

• Good on you all for your whole 30!! I'm cheering you on from the sidelines .

Gwamma, I'm going into Spotlight in the next day or so to get blanket-making supplies. Umm - what should I get?? I'll start with knitting squares, but I have no idea what size needles or kind of wool to get
                                Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Working...
                                X