No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what my personal trainer does to me is gets me to do something really nasty. then says, you know you can do it. so i cant bunk off on my own. the brain is the weakest muscle. you do also have to be smart and not exercise yourself into the ground. so if you cant get out of bed, stay there and have a sleep in.

Comment

• LL I am about to use C 2 5K to train for the 5km run in late March. There's a school just along the road so I can go there and run around the grassy area in the evenings.

Seas, do I make up the gelatin (like WW jelly?) and add the s.a. to it? Or make up some bone broth and put it into that? This would be good for DD1 as she has arthritis and bone spurs, and at the mo is using a walking stick. She wants to get moving, but it is so hard walking, let alone running. It would be so good for her to get out and get well.

Comment

• i take them separately. as in i down the sa neat which i really hate. the gelatin i either cook with. eg mango mousse or orange jelly. i even put a tsp in my coffee sometimes. usually i just melt it in water and then let it set and eat it like a gummy bear.

Comment

• Cool, thanks for your advice. Will get some tomorrow from the health food shop. DD1 is also taking apple cider vinegar which we've taken on and off for years.

Have a good night

Comment

• Lizzie Lou, you have amazing finger licking willpower!

Seas, does the gelatine/broth work for the wrinkles ('cos I'm vain too)?

Gwamma, another day down, Yay for the new you.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• A it is more the sa that works for wrinkles. I haven't seen my sister in over 20 years so I can say about genetics. I look a good 5 years younger than I really am. Especially when you consider that I am always running around outside in the sun and I have the odd *cough* nefarious habit. I still think totally ditching the industrial oils helps majorly as well.

Comment

• Yep I can vouch for. Seas - she looks like a 35 year old !!!!!!
                Well what a busy little thread this has become, not sure where to start.............
                Maz well done you on entering your wee run, and good luck with the training. Please remember thou, that at our age, if it hurts, it hurts for a reason!!!!
                LL well done on the 30 day thing. I didn't think that i had to count any calories, so if i am hungry i am eating. However now that i am day 3/4 i am hoping that my hunger has divided itself out to three meals.
                Annie thank you for your encouraging words. I shouldn't say that i am finding it easy today, cos i am just as likely to be derailed by something, i also slept last night, which was great.
                Yesterday morning i made some wee bacon and egg pies ( from Goldie's web site link) . Actually are we allowed bacon ???????
                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I think you are allowed bacon G. and if I look 35, that is almost 14 years younger than I really am which I doubt! I think it is good to eat when you are hungry, just differentiating between hunger and wanting to eat for other reasons is the key. sometimes too just getting all the nutrients you need is good so eating a lot of nutrient dense food for a while is good. I can also say I have done the keep going coz it is hurting and it should just go away thing a few times. it doesn't work at all. if you do injure yourself and have to stop running, my tip is to concentrate on something else instead that you can move. upper body for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    Yesterday morning i made some wee bacon and egg pies ( from Goldie's web site link) . Actually are we allowed bacon ???????
                    Yes we can, but you should check to make sure it's sugar and nitrate free, I think the freedom farms brand at Countdown fits the bill, and possibly the free range Helliers (not sure about that one). I used to always buy mine from the farmers market at home so I had no concerns but over here........let's just say that I don't ask any questions and just keep it to 300g per week. The unpackaged streaky from the deli section actually tastes quite good, but no one speaks enough English in the non-halal section of the supermarket to be able to tell me the ingredients or origin, so I just stick my head in the sand and carry on as I'm not willing to give it up just yet.

I made it through yesturday without starving to death. I ended up getting super busy in the afternoon with the kids and cooking tea that I didn't even stop to think about how hungry I was until dinner time. I bulked up at dinner though, to try and keep me fuller for longer, and had a huge serving of cauliflower rice with my meatballs followed by a fruit salad with nuts and coconut - figured I could get away with the extra carbs given that it was a running day. Still woke up hungry though, but I wasn't lying awake hungry or anything.

We are all still struggling with the jet lag as well. Kids went to bed at a reasonable hour thankfully but were very wakeful over night, and I spent about an hour and a half wide awake in the wee small hours also. Fingers crossed that tonight will be a bit better.

Comment

• try a wee bit of magnesium LL - it might help you sleep a weeny bit.
                      Is DH loving his Job ??????
                      I might need some tips when youngest finishes her CPL next year. Apparently they need to get huge hours under their belt before AirNZ will hire. She looks so cute in her uniform............

...small steps....

Comment

• okay trying desperately to remember how to post piccys, here goes............

this one was crocheted while I was in america Jac, and is just your old granny squares. Its not a good photo and obviously they havent been sewn together

...small steps....

Comment

• oooh did it work ??????????
                          I shall do another one............................

this is a queen sized blanket i knitted/crocheted for one of my many siblings. I finished another for another sister this christmas, as well as a black crocheted one for mum and dad, but didn't think to take a photo sorry !!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Lovely work, Gwamma. xxx
                            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanx badger, how are you getting on ???????

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma, that white quilt is gorgeous. How long did it take you? I have started a pair of TV slippers, so far so good
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X