Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    If I don't eat any bread for a couple of months, then eat some, I contribute to global warming with the amount of methane I produce.
    Yep, me too, as I rediscovered today. I made a wonderful artisan loaf, slow fermented overnight and cooked on high today, then took it on a picnic. Mainly for my dh and fellow kayakers, however I had to give it the taste test and admittedly it was good. The atmosphere around me is not especially pleasant now though.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      I find all the info interesting J, however i just so want to get back on track and lose those last 30 kilograms !!!!! Eeeeekkkkkk
      You can do it. And you WILL.
      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

I find all the info interesting J, however i just so want to get back on track and lose those last 30 kilograms !!!!! Eeeeekkkkkk
        And so you shall!

I think the reason I'm the oddball who finds caloric restriction easier than food group restrictions is the imp of the perverse in me. Tell me not to do something, and the five year old that lives in my brain can think of nothing else. But logically, a Whole 30 is so much more healthy than calorie restriction.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I think calorie restriction depends on your exercise level myself. if you don't really exercise, I think it is easier. I do a lot better on whole 30 sort of things where I can just remove a food(s) and not worry how much I eat. G try some HIIT as well. my neighbour used to do exercycle ones. 20 secs hard out, 1 min cruise x 3. 3x a week and she lost weight. she walks the dog every day like I do and she didn't change any eating habits to lose weight doing the bike sprints. I do barbell clean and jerks as I don't have an exercycle.

Comment

• I need to ditch the wine, and up the exersize!!!!!!!!
            but today I am day 2 or 3 of no grains and dairy, and am feeling great. In fact my brain is a wee bit less fuzzy this morning !!!!!!! and that has to be a good thing.
            Perhaps I should only drink wines on the days that end in a Y !!!!!!!!LOL
            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• this accidently overweight book is really interesting. I think that Dr. Libby Weaver is certainly someone that we should all be listening to. She explains things in laymans terms, and so for me - great !!!!!!!
              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• could there be some additive in the wine that is effecting you G? and since I cant responsibly suggest you switch to whisky, could you change it for say organic red grape juice with sparkling water or just neat for your whole 30? it would still be whole 30 compliant then and I think red grape juice is so much nicer tasting than wine to zen yourself out, dumbbell clean and jerks or kettlebell swings after tea!

Comment

• forgot to add. I found a pic of my dog on trademe. his breeder has had some more pups. he's the dog in pic 5 Hungarian Vizsla Puppies | Trade Me he looks so tiny there. almost like a handbag V lol he was 4 months old I think.

Comment

• That's it, I've read the whole 462 pages!!! Certainly was filled with drama, laughter and a few tears. There is much I would love to say to each person, but no point really as it is now all water under the bridge, so to speak.

Back to track now after the holidays with my eating. The rain stopped this afternoon so I did a 2.5km walk to the library and back - just need to do two of those on the trot so I'm fit for my 5km soon.

Another week of holiday yet so this next week is a 'doing' week, rather than blobbing about. Got to get food ready so I am taking snacks etc to work as there are lots of tempting goodies constantly calling my name. I must admit I will find it easier now to resist. I'm finding now that I'm eating larger meals for breakfast and dinner, and consequently don't need lunch .. the occasional snack is fine.

I notice G and Seas talking about Pinterest - I am addicted to it. I have a board called Everything Natural - Clean Eating if you want to have a look ..... my Pinterest is Marilyn Baker (mazzamataz1) on Pinterest

Comment

• there is some cool stuff on there mazz! I love the archangel wings and the chick lying on her side with the big black Chinese dragon on her back. I kinda stuffed up as I got my tattoos way before they were socially acceptable so I started small and added to them. this is the only pic I have of my back electronically that is decent. it's an old pic. my youngest was I think 1 at the time so baby fat galore.

I find btw extra protein at breakfast helps avoid the tempting junk. plus actually eating 3 meals a day. once I start skipping them it is a recipe for disaster. I try not to snack either but then I do drink a lot of coffee so the milk prob counts as a snack

Comment

• Your tats are great Sea. I wish I could have some but DD2 and I both have had keloids in the past, so tattoos are a no-no.

We usually have bacon & egg for breakfast or egg/vege bake breakfast 'muffins'. I will be experimenting with work food - don't want to buy my lunch any longer, it's too expensive. On the other hand I don't want to eat if I'm not hungry even though it is lunchtime.

Comment

• I usually have an omelette of some kind for breakfast. of recent I've been doing mushroom and edam omelette and I have also been having about 100-150g of venison with it. I end up with whole deer to eat thru as I am the only person in the house who eats it. I will have breakfast at 6 am and be hungry by 11ish. for lunch i often have lots of fruit. or a baked potato and cottage cheese and salad. I am bit more peat than the avg primal person. I had mango mousse for lunch today and I am prob having steamed cockles tomorrow as we got some when we went swimming today.

Comment

• You're also a lot more active than me, so I guess you burn it off a lot faster. I probably have 40kg to get rid of.

Comment

I need to ditch the wine, and up the exersize!!!!!!!!
                              but today I am day 2 or 3 of no grains and dairy, and am feeling great. In fact my brain is a wee bit less fuzzy this morning !!!!!!! and that has to be a good thing.
                              Perhaps I should only drink wines on the days that end in a Y !!!!!!!!LOL
                              Yay Gwamma I'm doing the Whole 30 starting today! Just have to factor in the jet lag (home from Dubai last night) too which has totally knocked me and left me hungry at weird times (like midnight).

Not looking forward to missing out on my nightly glass of wine, but I need to do this or I risk gaining even more weight and I need to stop, now!

My exercise is going well at the moment so no need for me to challenge myself with that as well. Currently running around 15-18km a week, yay me. So unfair that I can be really fit and be doing regular exercise but still gain weight if I'm not completely on board with Paleo. My body just doesn't work like it should do.

Comment

• Welcome back Lizzie and good luck for the whole 30. Gwamma you're off to a great start, keep going xx
                                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Working...
                                X