No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and seas have the best time tomorrow night. Piccys would be nice, once you are all glamed up.
    I am heading to watch middle at the rodeo in mandeville on the morrow. Should be an entertaining day..........
    If any of you lovely chch primal- ates decide to come along, Gwamma will be the odd bod, with the umbrella, RM williams boots, getting all excited during the barrel racing
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Take note that the wine is still a major player in the nightly draw................
      Slurp on Gwamma
      sanity is priceless so we all have to keep some of our nefarious habits. i will try to dodge that camera. maybe a blurry cell phone pic if you are really lucky. i always feel like a very high class prostitute when i put on the lbd and the big black boots or the 6" stilettos and way too much makeup. something so unnatural about dressing like that for me. i dont even think i own any lippy any more either so i will have to do without.

Comment

• Its all about looking natural Seas, so a little bit of gloss on the lips would be magic........ And what does lbd mean????

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
          Its all about looking natural Seas, so a little bit of gloss on the lips would be magic........ And what does lbd mean????
          Little Black Dress? I only know that because I have very fond memories of a lasagna dinner in which an LBD is involved.....
          Last edited by ssn679doc; 01-03-2014, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Ah Doc - you my boy are a man of many talents

...small steps....

Comment

Ah Doc - you my boy are a man of many talents
              lol... well, if enjoying lasagna and a lbd is a talent, then it's true!

Comment

• LOL I own a plethora of lbds. no lasagne within miles. always been more into moussaka. you can make that primal by using tapioca to thicken the béchamel sauce even. the dog chewed thru the cable for my computer screen so I have been forced to use the flash laptop. I have no idea how to find a thing on it. a case of too much technology

Comment

• The separate meals is a real pain, G. Even if you would rather have your own.

If it helps, you could try to make his something that he loves but you can't stand. Then at least the temptation isn't there for you. I always feel guilty when I do this though - why would I ply my nearest and dearest with the things that I have come to regard as garbage/poison?

But as a means to an end i.e. saving your Whole 30 and conquering your allergies and other issues, then maybe it would be worth a try. Certainly don't give him any of your most favourite cheese, it's gotta be out of the house altogether for the next month.

Or just make the same meal and add some pasta or rice or whatever for him.

All the best.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• I do try and make a similar meal and add other things for him, however i do need to streamline things a wee bit.
                    I announced to middle, youngest and DH last night that i was gonna do this 30 day thing, and their reaction is always interesting. Middle who is our clever dairy farmer did suggest that if you haven't eaten something in a wee while, when you reintroduce it, of course you will get a reaction !!!!!!! I have never been, or never will be quick on my feet, so didn't have an answer for her on the tip of my tongue.

...small steps....

Comment

• Middle who is our clever dairy farmer did suggest that if you haven't eaten something in a wee while, when you reintroduce it, of course you will get a reaction !!!!!!!
                      I have had that used as a reason to my kids gluten intolerance being in my head. if you react to something, you shouldn't be eating it. we can all develop a tolerance to something that poisons us.

Comment

• Ooh the jealousy is on the rise in MDA tonight. First Turq's gym mate and her pull-ups, now Gwamma's dairymaid relative. I do love my dairy, but will probably be joining you all in February for my second law experiment. GGG wish me luck.

Comment

• good luck RR. I have just been to watch the dairymaid ride in the barrel racing at the local rodeo - wow what a day !!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

I do try and make a similar meal and add other things for him, however i do need to streamline things a wee bit.
                            I announced to middle, youngest and DH last night that i was gonna do this 30 day thing, and their reaction is always interesting. Middle who is our clever dairy farmer did suggest that if you haven't eaten something in a wee while, when you reintroduce it, of course you will get a reaction !!!!!!! I have never been, or never will be quick on my feet, so didn't have an answer for her on the tip of my tongue.
                            Sorry to be devil's advocate here, but I have noticed that myself, specifically with lamb and wheat products. If I eat say, an English muffin three times a week, I'm fine. If I don't eat any bread for a couple of months, then eat some, I contribute to global warming with the amount of methane I produce. Lamb, I love, but if I don't eat it for a month, the first time I do means the old lavatory sprints.

However, there are people for whom gluten is a very real hazard. I wouldn't eat it ever if it were a danger to me. It's no more in someone's head than is an allergy.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I find all the info interesting J, however i just so want to get back on track and lose those last 30 kilograms !!!!! Eeeeekkkkkk

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                I have had that used as a reason to my kids gluten intolerance being in my head. if you react to something, you shouldn't be eating it. we can all develop a tolerance to something that poisons us.
                                That is actually a very good response.
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X