No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, so the little fella is ok. No spinal injury but lots of bruising and puncture wounds.

Still haven't been able to catch up worth the owners, as they've been busy, but no dog wardens or cos banging on the door so hopefully that's good news.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Welcome kiwigal, don't worry there's loads of drama and adventure still to come after page 257
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• yay for the wee dog Misabi. And here is hoping that they are really nice folk............ is it time to do the kiwi greeze thing ??????

wwwweeeeelllllllll bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody HELL - what a waste of frickin time that was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        try the elimination diet she suggested !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        yes I know all about the elimination diet sweets, but I want to allergy test myself....................
        so tomorrow I starts me a whole 30 - no dairy, no grains............bloody bloody boo bloody hoo !!!!!!!!

really sorry about all the bloodys guys !!!!!!!!!
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Whole 30 - that's a tough assignment, G. But we will all be cheering you on. So sorry about the no dairy But here's hoping that tests positive in the long run. So, what's for dinner??
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Why not?
            you mean why cant we cut harakeke in the rain? it is a tikunga. one thing i love about weaving is all the tikunga is based on real life practicalities. if it has been raining the harakeke sucks up alot of moisture so you will get alot of shrinkage in your kete which means there will be gaps. we dont like gaps unless they are sposed to be there. often if it has been wet for a while, i will go cut some harakeke to weave with in a break in the weather and then stand it in a dry spot for a few days to dry out a bit.

G you will be sweet on the whole 30. i reckon it is easier to have concrete rules to follow dietwise than moderation myself. and it is all for a good reason. there are some awesome pinterest sites for whole 30 recipes. i could cope with them, except no milk in my coffee and i would be mean or more like too sleepy to be mean lol http://www.pinterest.com/chowstalker/whole30/ here are some.

Comment

• Thanks Seas, that makes sense about the flax and that pinterest site has more than enough recipes to keep anyone going for a whole 30 (which I have never done - not even tempted, haha. But good luck to Gwamma).
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• thank you troups. I will have to look up those recipes when I have a bit of time Seas.
                While I was in Oxford today I purchased accidently overweight, by Libby Weaver. Its quite interesting !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• I've got Accidentally Overweight - that's the book that convinced me to go to my current doctor because so much of what she outlines in the emotions and stress sections were just out of control for me.

I'd love to do more weaving, but Tony gets really bad hayfever!! I could do all the prep out of his way, but if I took the weaving away as well I might as well be in a different house!!

Excellent about the dog, Misabi
                  Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• does tony get hayfever from harakeke? i've never read or heard of accidentally overweight. i often dont count as i am not overweight. i just have all the issues with emotions and stress which i have so far managed to self medicate away with exercise.

heaps and heaps of whole 30 pinterest sites. for weight loss, i'd still rather do potatoes for 5 days. then venison and eggs for 2 days. then potatoes for another 5 days. venison and eggs for another 2 days. etc till i was at target leaness. and still do my coffee but with calcitrim milk.

Comment

• My biggest hurdle is not having any support. Its really hard to cook one meal for one, another for me, and then having the lewd comments aimed at just about everything you do !!!!! So i have told DH that i am doing 30 days of no dairy and grains, and that his negetive comments are not needed, wanted or necessary..........
                      Lets see how it all pans out
                      Day one tomorrow...........

...small steps....

Comment

• My biggest hurdle is not having any support. Its really hard to cook one meal for one, another for me, and then having the lewd comments aimed at just about everything you do !!!!!
                        i lived with that for 14 or so years. my kids still have to listen to it when they go to see the ex. i still have to listen to it when he comes to get the kids or drop them off. that song mean by taylor swift sums him up. at the end of the day, you cant let it ruin your life. i had a huge lecture this morning from someone about it. i cant put anything on a public board. but yeah. i was actually very surprised. compassion in the most unexpected place. you also cannot let them win. which is so easy to say. i've had GF pizza, 2 cups of coffee, many small plums and have only just dragged myself away from eyeing the chocolates as i have to fit into my tiniest lbd tomorrow night. and that was all coz the ex hubby came around. dd wanted something so she got him to come around. now i am not stupid and i still do this to myself. i should have just rung the man and talked to him to calm myself down but i cant be seen to be that weak lol he really wouldnt have minded either.

Comment

• Good luck G!
                          I've just cut all dairy out as my hayfever had gotten really bad before Xmas. I realised that I'd gone from the only dairy i was eating being butter and a small amount of milk once a day in a cup of tea, to drinking a few mugs of milk, eating yoghurt and cream on berries etc.

Cut it all out and within a day my eyes stopped itching and streaming, my nose speed ruining and I finally got rid of a persistent dry wheezing cough that I'd had for weeks.

I'd only really have to cut out the chocolate to join you G. Sorry, but you can Peru that from my cold dead hands

I'll be chatting you on though

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            My biggest hurdle is not having any support. Its really hard to cook one meal for one, another for me, and then having the lewd comments aimed at just about everything you do !!!!! So i have told DH that i am doing 30 days of no dairy and grains, and that his negetive comments are not needed, wanted or necessary..........
                            Lets see how it all pans out
                            Day one tomorrow...........
                            Good on ya G.... you are among many folks here doing a Whole 30 in January....

Comment

• I'd only really have to cut out the chocolate to join you G. Sorry, but you can Peru that from my cold dead hands
                              not sure if cocoa butter counts a SWYPO but i got some to make something with and didnt. it tastes very chocolatey to me and i reckon i could do it with raw cacao ( to pretend to be self righteous ) and maybe something like some vanilla. or even put some coconut something in there. and that would then be sugar free chocolate.

Comment

• My own little cheer leading squad !!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant - and thank you.
                                I can go without chocolate, but the special cheeses will be huge. I just love moldy exotic cheeses. Butu i have commited so thats that !!!!!!!!! Take note that the wine is still a major player in the nightly draw................
                                Slurp on Gwamma

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X