No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jac, Gwamma is onto it !!!!!! I have just finished two for christmas, a knitted one and a crocheted one.
    but first things first.
    would you like to knit a blanket or crochet a blanket, or a wee bit of both ???????????
    so firstly make that decision and we can go from there. Actually the other decision is colours, and I can certainly guide you on those.
    we could do a skype tutorial ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I can knit, and used to be able to crochet but it'd take some reminding to get that skill back. Did you do them as squares that you crocheted together?? I love the paua colours for me, but could do a smaller one first. Hey, I forgot to say the daughter #1 is expecting her second baby in August
      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• i know a woman who taught herself to crochet off you-tube. she made a big hippo out of crocheted squares. it was way cool. i need to do some more weaving. my kete i use as a handbag is falling to pieces and i am off out to dinner on saturday. i even have to dress up.

awesome sunny day here. not sure how long it will last. we had what sounded like a freak gale last night and dead calm this morning. so hot i was down the beach in my shorts and bra at 6am which is very unusual for where we are. there were flocks of bartailed godwits on the spit at the end. they are unreal. the longest migrating bird in the world. they arent very decorative or glam looking so they often dont get noticed.

Comment

• Hi, I'm Maz and I live in Wellington. Only been primal for a couple of months (excluding Christmas when I gave myself permission to eat whatever I liked for a couple of days) and am enjoying it. Small amount of fat gone, with the best results being less joint pain. I have committed to doing the 5km Colour Run in late March, so need to get my fitness going, as I have been too sore to exercise much.

I have been reading this thread for the past week, and I'm only up to page 257 - it's like a continous 'Days of Our Lives' episode sitting!!!

I live with my daughter (her marriage broke up in August) and two small dogs - a well-behaved long-haired chihuahua and a maltese-shiz tsu we adopted. I think I'm just about older than everyone here, early 60s.

It's a nasty blustery day in Welly today with the odd passing shower, so what better way to pass the day than to sit curled up with the doggles and read pages 258 - 457??

Comment

• Kiwigal a huge welcome from us all in kiwiland. I can only imagine what you are trudging through re our own kiwi journal. I so would not want to read it all again!!!!!!
            Anyway welcome and i look forward to hearing more from you.
            G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
              I can knit, and used to be able to crochet but it'd take some reminding to get that skill back. Did you do them as squares that you crocheted together?? I love the paua colours for me, but could do a smaller one first. Hey, I forgot to say the daughter #1 is expecting her second baby in August
              I did do them as squares Jac. Some of them were knitted squares that i crocheted an edge around, and then sewed them all together, and some of them were granny squares. Mine were all queen sized blankets so quite a bit of work involved, however very achievable when you do a wee bit at a time.
              Its funny becos while the whanau were down at christmas we did a wee card making session. One of my SILs popped in to say, wow this looks like a bitch 'n' stitch session. I thought that was classic......... So you lot, should we have a conference skype bitch'n'stitch sess?????????

...small steps....

Comment

• Thanks Gwamma

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  should we have a conference skype bitch'n'stitch sess?????????
                  Yes
                  Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Gwamma has put her big pants on and is off to the doctor to once and for all sort out these gut issues. Had another very unpleasant issue last night. Not sure if it was the blue vein cheese or the crackers that i had with it???????? But stomach ballooned up like i was 9 months pregnant. The pain was excruciating. Am trying desperately to cut out both dairy and grains to see if his issue can be dealt with, but am so struggling with the whole paleo, weight, exercise thing.
                    Bloody Gwamma - i have so lost my get up and go - it aint funny.............. Anyway hopefully doctor can put me onto an allergy clinic, so i can work out what, where, how who............. Watch this space, or don't - entirely your choice

...small steps....

Comment

• welcome Maz! LOL at the days of our lives. not sure it gets any better from page 257 onwards. G good luck at the quack. i'd always err on the side of the crackers being at fault as i so love blue cheese. paleo i still dont know about. my masocistic ED train till you drop side thinks it is a good idea at times but then i also prefer not to have the added paleo weight and the fact that i have to then force myself to move as i dont have the energy. i think it maybe works in small bursts and if you dont excessively exercise. and i really dont think people know unless they have seen countless cases of x working. they are just theorising. i was definitely way leaner in my days of running at least 5k a day and living on GF cake and coffee. i was quite miffed when they banned Zach as it was so good to have a differing pov. and he was actually very personally helpful.

Comment

• I feel like I know you all so well now. Trying to read fast so I can catch up with present times.

Comment

• G can you post a few more pics of your blankets? i am almost out of diesel but i need to go look for some harakeke to weave with today. i need to make a kete later as mine is done for. i noticed it was frayed on one side when i was out just now. trying to work out the closest pa harakeke with a nice soft variety to make a delicate kete out of. prob the marae up the road since i am not needing to drive past the exhusband's house while he is in town.

Comment

• Maz welcome, there's always room for a new character in our daily soap.

Jac, the crochet is a GREAT idea. I should also get myself of the 'puter in the evenings, and knit some ironically named TV slippers

Gwamma, good luck at the doctors. Never never give up, here's to a healthier 2014. Go, you.

happy New year to you all from the drizzly ole 'Naki.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• it is sunny here for once!!! i cant ride the motorcycle due to too much assistance in the small child dept which is why i was going to cut some harakeke. not allowed to cut it in the rain.

Comment

• Why not?
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X