No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that is amazing that you both met up without knowing each of you would be there, or what you looked like - its a very small world !!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma, I need a boot again . I'm at the computer instead of outside. Your last effort worked, so I'm making myself accountable by LEAVING . I'll report back on my success
      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• I'm making myself accountable by LEAVING
        i wish! i am waiting for someone to call me. it's work so i cant bail and leave the answer phone. i've already done the beach this morning so i am planning on heading outside soon with the phone to do some barbell compounds. very frustrating as i really wanted to go for a long walk in peace and quiet after lunch. but need to focus on continuing to get paid while i am home as i may as well work!

Comment

• Haha - I did it out of fear of the Big G . Short walk, pb exercises, and played with the dogs. I'm marking a PhD, so have it outside at the picnic table. Just one more chapter to read, and I can finish up the report. That'll feel very good
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• which PB exercises do you do? also how is the squatting coming on? i worked out my bar with my barbell at home weighs 6kgs. i had one of those flashes of brilliance and stood on the scales with it and did some maths. i can just do my barbell compounds with 20kgs now. the proper bar. stoked or what so i have achieved something whilst still waiting for my phone call!

Comment

• pole squats, girl pushups and ring pullups. I haven't done anything at all since I started to increase the protein, and have easily doubled what I did last time. Yay!
              Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• pole squats always makes me think of pole dancing. one day i will go to classes, i just want ones which focus on the fitness aspect not the stripper aspect! and go you for your progress. now you know what you can do, you can keep going. pushups are interesting. girl push ups where you go right the way down to very almost lay on the ground can be harder than proper ones where you dont get the depth. i think pushups too are good for your posture if you do them properly. counteract that old lady slow hunching over.

Comment

• what ???????? we are now pole dancing in kiwiland ??????????
                  lordy beeeee !!!!!!!!!!
                  Gwamma is gonna dream allsorts tonight !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    what ???????? we are now pole dancing in kiwiland ??????????
                    lordy beeeee !!!!!!!!!!
                    Gwamma is gonna dream allsorts tonight !!!!!!
                    I knew there was a reason I liked the South pole...

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                      Whoever said that about Auckland public transport was right. Compared to somewhere with no public transport, it's still pretty average.

Buses are run by multiple companies, covering different areas with some overlap which can be confusing. Often they're too full to stop for more passengers (though this may only be during rush hour of course).

We are apparently getting electric trains this year, which should mean shorter travel times, quieter and less smelly. Currently we've got a mix of old and very old diesel trains, which when considering that the city's Central hub station (Britomart) is underground is just bonkers!

Trains are often delayed, too full so have to go much slower, cancelled because of mechanical issues.

And yes, I do commute by train every day
                      Ah man. Driving has never sounded attractive to me and I don't fancy spending hundreds of dollars on lessons. I'm not even sure I could get a driving license as a British citizen living in Singapore...
                      http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

• morning all............ just heading off to shift the sprinklers, and then its window washing for me. Thsi will pretty much take me ALL DAY !!!!!!!!!!!! great...........

...small steps....

Comment

• It's all about water then.

Lots of good exercise for you.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• kinda on topic about water. i have worked out why i look a good 5+ years younger the next day when i've fallen into a spirit bottle. it must be mild dehydration. i have always suspected this is the reason. but this time i weighed myself and i'd lost a kg.

almost xmas presented out here. a few more to come and i am done. the kids knock off nike frees arrived today so i wrapped them up. i suspect the xmas tree may fall down once we've opened all the presents as i think they are propping it up.

Comment

• Did you ladies see this?
                              http://i.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/as...r-40kg-lighter
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• unreal! i hadnt seen that. way to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X