• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    RIP Nelson =(
    So sad - he was a truely great man
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Monkey, did I read that you are from scotland?????? What part??????

...small steps....

Comment

• So sad - he was a truely great man
        i dont have any brandy but i will have a few drinks and continue to dismember the bambi leg tonight. thick sea fog here right now. the steam became mist which became fog. i cant see the other side of the bay. down to one child and she went for a swim in the mist. she had a wetsuit, i had a bikini so i didnt. my job was apparently to look for seals LOL

Comment

• Seas i actually think that it is important to have a wing man solely for looking out for seals !!!!!!!!!! So well done, bikini or not!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• i am usually more concerned very irrationally about sharks and more realistically about random old men continually driving around the block myself! and the crabs.. i never understood the origin of the word crabby till i went night floundering. there is seemingly miles of sand with all these wierd ripple patterns like outer space and crabs who face off and fight and glare at each other out of holes. so eerie if it is just you and the underwater torch in the middle of the bay in the pitch black. then the battery on the torch goes. but yes. i was standing by the water and they were all looking out at me. i put my foot in and they started to siddle sideways at me LOL

Comment

• Crabs - big ones, small ones, bbbllleeeegggghhhhh no thank you,
              .................. And i have told you before Seas, please be careful of those big smiling pearly white fish that you entertain down your way. Actually i hate horror movies, but i watched one recently that was about sharks in this lake!!!!!!! Anyway they prowled about for a bit eating the gaggle of holiday makers on the island in the middle of the lake. Funniest thing i have ever seen, only because it was so unrealistic........... But i did think that if Seas was in amongst it all, she would deal to those pesky sharks !!!!!!!
              So there is another positive that you can put on your CV - Gwamma said ............

...small steps....

Comment

• LOL i would deal to the sharks by staying on land! total contrast to yesterday this morning is. yesterday morning me and the dog went down the beach in the misty sun. i just had shorts and a singlet on. it was so beautiful and warm. yesterday afternoon we were heading back from moeraki and it started thundering and raining. unreal forked lightning. and this morning i have my hunting jacket on and my assault boots it was that cold on the beach! right now i am waiting for the pavlova for dinner to cook and then we're off on a clandestine mish to steal an xmas tree.

Comment

• woohoo Seas - nothing quite like stealing a christmas tree, but ssssshhhhhhhh I won't tell a soul !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• mission accomplished!! we did the full stalk in camo hunting gear around the queen's chain. we left the dog at home as he is only stealth when bambi is involved. the pruning saw doesnt fold up anymore either. the tide was right in so we had to do some stunt rolls under electic fences and so on. all in the rain and mist. and then we found an xmas tree on the beach side so we were sweet. they are all wildings in an old pine plantation anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                      they are all wildings in an old pine plantation anyways.
                      Seas- dont ruin a good naughty story!!!!!!!! You never ever let the truth get in the way !!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• we very prob shouldnt be lurking around a pine plantation in camo gear with a very large sharp saw and i also very prob shouldnt be leading my children astray with bad habits!!!! the tree was so big it wouldnt fit in the truck properly either so i had to put some of it out of the window. was quite entertaining too wading thru bits of tide and tip toeing across very skinny planks across streams carrying the tree. all good training for hunting.

i am thinking about venison wellinton for xmas dinner. i can stuff it with venison liver pate instead of chicken liver pate. i just need to somehow work out the pastry bit. maybe wrap it all in baking paper and seal. i will have to trial the method beforehand.

Comment

• Some traditions never die, this is how my Mum took us to get our Christmas tree too (minus the truck and camo gear). We just headed off in broad daylight.

As for trialling your Christmas menu - great idea!!!! I can feel chocolate panacotta coming on already
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• we do it in broad daylight too! the camo gear was more coz all our waterproof jackets are hunting jackets. i used to make manuka honey panacotta with the sour cream you get from the cyclops yoghurt people. it is more like cultured cream and you have to get it in 1l tubs not the small size in the supermarket or it is too sour. i will get some for xmas. swift google reveals you can do chocolate, or milk chocolate or even white chocolate panacotta. chocolate panacotta layer cake. yikes. i could turn into a telly tubby after a day on this lot!

Comment

• Gwamma has already turned into a tele tubby......... Tubby being the optimum word!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• G, I didn't want to derail the thread in the nutrition forum, but I'm sending good wishes to Gwumpy Gwampa for his next surgery! And to you also - may you stay sane! (Or as sane as our G can be.)
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X