No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all of you talking about WWOOFing, THANK YOU!!

I thought my youth hosteling experiences were a lot of fun, but this is just fantastic! I bookmarked it, and will be looking i to it.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Middle daughter is on the phone as I type, she tells us that baby boy is helping get the cows in. He is running along behind them and everytime they stop he is standing up on his back legs, as goats do................
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• 2 funny G. first read thru i thought you meant one of the actual human grandkids. but it didnt make sense till i worked it out. i have a pic somewhere which i think the exhusband prob has of my middle child in gum boots and a wooly jacket in the middle of a field of cows when she was 18 months old. we were staying up the road at the time and they grazed pregnant dairy cows during the winter so she was helping feed them.

Comment

• I thought woofing was some kind of animal roleplaying...I'll look into it!

@Gwamma, I'll be in Auckland first. I don't know about travel expenses to the rest of NZ just yet. Thank you for the invitation of hospitality.
          http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

• last time i looked, it was almost cheaper for us to all fly to ozzie than to fly to auckland. i think it depends if you can get a cheap flight or not as they are not predictable.

Comment

• You need to keep an eye on www.grabaseat.co.nz or jetstar. But best to wait until you get here. When do you arrive Monkey?

...small steps....

Comment

• Cant sleep - what do they say????? there is no rest for the wicked !!!!!!!!!
                Baby boy is coming today for a little holiday. Middle is staying at a friends place while she manages a farm for three weeks, and then moves to her new home just before christmas. Baby boy is constantly tied up and is crying all the time. So better to be tied up at Gwammas, than at some random guys place !!!!!!!! I lllllooooovvvveeee my baby boy, however not when he is eating things in my garden !!!!!!!!!!
                Youngest has progressed from doing stalls at so many thousand feet, to circuits. That is she takes off, flies round and lands, takes off, flies around, etc etc etc
                As soon as the paper work for her medical comes through, she will be going solo I believe. Yay for her.
                Eldest is spotting and vomitting, and thinks that she might have contracted a disease called slapped cheek. This is apparently 90 % detrimental to the unborn baby. Blood tests will prove whether or not she has got this one.

Oh well Gwamma might as well head off to shift the irrigation............

...small steps....

Comment

• it's been overcast sea misty here for a few days. apparently it is sunny in town. i'd be taking the goat out for walks and hanging out with him G. i would love a pet goat but i dont have fences to keep it in. my oldest was suggesting an alpaca to keep the horse company the other day. i think my kids had either foot and mouth or slapped cheek once. the kids one, not the cow one. slapped cheek i think is fifth disease. they are supposedly relatively common childhood diseases. i dont know anything about big people getting them. i definitely didnt even get any symptoms of anything at all. whereas when the kids got measles, my lymph nodes came up. apparently your immunity to measles is a series of re-infections and i had measles as the disease when i was a kid. spotting and vomiting are pretty common early pregnancy symptoms and if she is vommiting, it means her hormones are high so the baby is still growing.
                  friday today! so good. i have one hind leg of bambi to chop up. i need to go for a ride on the bike, walk the dog and work my ass off. we are possibly going to steal our xmas tree tonight too LOL do our ecoterrorist bit for the enviroment.

Comment

• Good morning Gwamma, sorry for your insomnia. You certainly have a lot of things on your mind. I would be so nervous if it were my dd flying circles in the air. Spotting and vomitting is not uncommon as you must know, it may not be anything serious at all. Oh just realised Seas said the same thing, see...kia kaha. No need for irrigation here again this morning, it's falling out of the sky. Best wishes to you as always, and to the whole whanau. xxx
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      True, and the times you want your electricity for lights etc are the very times the sun is NOT shining.

However the batteries are hugely expensive, as well as being physically huge and ugly.

So this makes it more practical (though less independent) to export the power when the sun shines and draw it back when you need it.
                      Yep, it does make it more expensive with transformers or converters etc. too.

It's generally either sunny enough, or windy enough to generate enough power. The modern vertical axis wind turbines apparently don't need a very strong breeze to turn then enough to generate power, hence why I'm looking at a combo of the 2.

Auckland has pretty consistent wind because of how narrow the land mass is (ie. Not much distance between the East and West coasts).

Currently our hot water is run by bottled lpg, as that used to be cheaper than electric but the had prices have gone up and will obviously continue to do so. I'm thinking that if/when we do put in the solar/wind we'll also switch water to electric or to solar tube water heating which can then be topped off with electric when needed.
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                        You need to keep an eye on www.grabaseat.co.nz or jetstar. But best to wait until you get here. When do you arrive Monkey?
                        Also http://nakedbus.com/nz/bus/ for cheap bus fares.

And no, you don't have to be naked, but it's optional
                        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                          Seas, I think this breed all have Combs, but the males ate a darker red.

Thank the gods for bore water and sweet dreams tea
                          I think you may have been right though Seas, the comb on one of the dark chicks is turning a darker red.

Comment

• i am sure the wing feathers are some kind of clue too. altho that depends on the breed. do you mind having a rooster? it's better for the chooks. it makes them much happier to have social order. and i reckon the eggs are better too.

just been for a hoon on the motorcycle. sunny hot day and it is getting all sorts of funky clouds of steam and mist on the hills at home. gonna go for a swim after the kids get home from school.

Comment

• RIP Nelson =(

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                                You need to keep an eye on Cheap Flights with Air New Zealand's grabaseat - home of cheap airfares, hotels and travel packages or jetstar. But best to wait until you get here. When do you arrive Monkey?
                                Between 10th to 18th of January.
                                http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Working...
                                X