No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, it might be noted that a traditional jewish bris removes only the very end of the prepuce -- so the majority of the foreskin remains intact, as does the function of the foreskin. Just that the tip of the penis is exposed.

But in the US, the medical circumcisions are "full" circs -- usually just cutting away the whole prepuce. And the plastibel process (which they do in NZ, too, for muslim families) is also a full circumcision process. It's sad, really. So needless.

Comment

• you will prob find the muslims do it within their own community so the muslim docs would be doing it. and yes it is kinda bizarre you can do it but if you lay a hand on your child it is a criminal offence. it is possible it falls under some kind of religious or cultural practise and since we dont do it. no one has had to listen to all the reasons not to. like i had absolutely no idea till i read all the anti circ stuff on that AP discussion board. the lengths they had to go to to justify not doing it. whereas you know. you are born with it, why would you remove it. probably no one has complained so no one has thought about it. then you have the whole issue of cultural religious practise and stopping that. but i guess if anyone was wanting to circ the female children, there would be an outcry, even if it is a cultural practise. poss a first where women's rights outweigh a mans!

Comment

• That's the thing that confuses me about it. Female circ is largely done for religious reasons, but is more and more outlawed in western countries (like the US, for example) -- so there's no compunction about saying that this is not a protected religious freedom. Why that is touted for boys is just nuts for me. That is, it just doesn't make sense.

That being said, it is largely within the community (same with mohels and jewish families in NZ), and according to statistics from the country, about 5-10% of boys in NZ are circumcised for religious/cosmetic reasons. I would love to see the US statistics move to these numbers.

Ideally, circumcision for both males and females would only be done for medical reasons.

Comment

• Morning all - beautiful day here in the North Canty region. However that means that i need to shift and start up the irrigation - buggar !!!!!!!
          Youngest went flying yesterday morning and they practised stalls !!!!!!!!! Great !!!!!!!! well for her maybe, but not for her mother !!!!! She now has five little pilots uniforms, so heads off each morning looking very professional. Mother feels very proud.
          DH had a bad day yesterday. His chin started to swell again, with red areas around the wound, also hard, and funnily enough it felt like it was sunburnt. (he actually likened it to a ewe with black udder - which is nasty) No temp thou, but we cant risk him getting an infection in that large area, like its 4cm x 4cm. so we started antibugs. I am so hoping that he feels better this morning when he wakes up.
          Have a huge week this week getting ready for christmas. I actually dont know where to start !
          anyhoo all have the best day
          G x
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• we take sodium ascorbate for infections and everything else. always works very well. dont their udders fall off it they have black udder?

Comment

• With black udder they often die!!!!!!!! We might just go and have it checked !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• maybe it is something bag that makes their udders fall off? i usually just smile and nod when the neighbours talk sheep to me as i really dont have a clue of the finer points.

Comment

• Always better to be safe than sorry, for certain.

Comment

• Yep better to be safe than sorry. So had it checked and nurse pleased that we went in. Will need to monitor it over the next couple of days, and if these antibugs dont work then we will have to try some others.
                    Finally managed a 1.25 hr walk, in the hot sun, in my black gear..........dddduuuuhhhh, talk about ditsy!!!!!!!!!
                    Music ran out just as I got to bon jovi......... Buggar!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Music ran out just as I got to bon jovi......... Buggar!!!!!!!!!
                      i hate it when that happens but i still keep the earphones in as it stops the wind whistling in my ears. very windy around here right now. i did the beach this morning only to find approx 20 pensioners doing a hike. i had to nab the dog very swiftly as i couldnt guarantee he wouldnt leap all over them. altho i have never ever tested the theory. i have just gone for default plan A to get him on the lead and walking to heel to avoid the issue completely. or they would think he was a red nosed pit bull with manic behavioural problems which could have caused one of them to keel over in fright lol bit of a shock as i usually have the beach to myself. i then did the block without bon jovi, in fact i dont think i have any bon jovi even. me and the kids have just been for a swim. they went for a snorkel to get cockles as the tide was in and turning and i lay around in my bikini looking decorative lol

do you not pay good money to go to one of those fancy health places and get wrapped up in some heat suit to make you sweat it off G? not so ditsy after all. better too than not wearing enough. you can always take something off!

Comment

• Gorgeous pic Seas, cant quite see the girls faces thou!!!!!
                        Just done my heavy lifting, or shifting should i say. These irrigation lines full of water are not that easy to lug around. Anyhoo thats it for 12 hours. Yay !!!!!!!!!
                        I have been on a wee bit of a protein/ vitamin B binge over the last few days, and i am adamant my energy is slowly returning. I suspect its the bs, but hey if t works - dont knock it!!!!!!!
                        Youngest practiced more stalls at how many thousand feet.......scarey, but apparently its meant to be second nature by the time they have their PPL practical.
                        Oldest is spotting and having horrendous morning sickness......
                        Middle is working like a little navvy - as she should LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• So brought some cute young chicks home yesterday

If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• ooh what breed are they? i can see at least one boy.

Comment

• They're Orpingtons. The woman we bought them from reckons she's got almost 100% record for picking their sex at this age, so far, and thinks they're all girls. Time will tell
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• she poss knows way more than me but the light coloured one at the rear of the pic has a rather prominent comb already. wing feather can be a give away as well. roosters are ok but very theatrical to bump off.

funny pic. the hound stalking. check out the alert stance. the wrong prey animals. the white blobs are our resident flock of spoonbills. he does a bit of a stalk sometimes but nothing serious when it comes to birds. he always comes back ( so far ) when i call him.

Comment

Working...
                                X