Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you girls.
    Today i am eating protein, and popping vitamin B !!!!!!!
    Well i havent been around for a day or two, and what do i come back to??????? Penises...... Whether to circumsize or not!!!!!!!!!!
    Dear dear dear dear dear!!!!!!!!!! Thats possibly all this old Gwamma should say on the issue!!!!!!
    Well poor old DH, he has finally hit the wall. We went to see the GP yesterday, and he has been put on a higher dose of prozac, and also a blood pressure tablet. I asked for B vitamins. So heres hoping we can help DH to become a happier camper. However its up to him to want to change. The doctor has promised to help me stick up for myself a wee bit more, so yay for being strong.
    Althou its not just about being strong, its also about knowing how to answer some of the outbursts with diffusing comebacks.
    Gwamma is on a huge learning curve!!!!!!
    DH has promised that he wont bitch about me heading off to do exersize, so i hope that lasts. Its really hard being dealt a guilt trip after returning from a theraputic run/walk etc..... Anyhooo am rambling now..........
    ........best go and stock up the pantry with some meat, fat and veges!!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Good on the positive changes and the doctor as an ally.

My mother was my brother's caretaker, and the 24/7 nature of it was driving her crazier than she already was. I finally called my brother and asked him that since he was eligible for outside help from Disability, to please give her a break. He did and it gave Mom a few hours a week to just be by herself and do fun or mentally healthy things. She started the same thing at the end of my grandmother's life until I finally called hospice and asked for help.

People often forget that the caretaker is being stressed to the max in these situations. If you can get anyone to take up the slack occasionally, I hope you'll do so.

In the meantime, I'm glad you're tending to your health and well-being. Stay strong and remember that we love you.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thank you J. In NZ we have a famous rugby player called John Kirwin ( JK) who fronts the depression ads on the TV. Its great to get the depression message out there, and seek support, however i often wonder why there is never an active advertised support network for the spouses, partners, caregivers etc.... It can be so challenging not to stress those everyday knock backs that we supportees tend to experience. When i catch up with JK next, i am tempted to actually ask this question !!!!!!!!!

Any who, it is possibly about gaining confidence, and empowering myself to be an advocate for ME!!!!!!!

I will get there with my gorgeous MDA ers
        I hope you are feeling better J !!!!!!! Nothing quite like the squirts to get you up and out of bed !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• I hope you are feeling better J !!!!!!! Nothing quite like the squirts to get you up and out of bed !!!!!!
          LMAO, G - you do often make howl with laughter. I haven't heard that expression (the squirts) since my brother and I used to use it to gross out Mom. Yes, feeling better.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• DH has promised that he wont bitch about me heading off to do exersize, so i hope that lasts. Its really hard being dealt a guilt trip after returning from a theraputic run/walk etc.....
            funnily enuf my exhusband used to bleat about me exercising and then bleat about me being fat constantly. he still goes on to the kids every time he picks them up about how fat my ass is lol

Penises...... Whether to circumsize or not!!!!!!!!!!
            i said my piece and i think there are now 17 pages. it must be cultural. like why would you even do it? those poor baby boys!

Comment

• Kia kaha Gwamma x
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Seaweed i do agree. And apparently the screaming is horrendous. I remember when our youngest had suspected menangitus (she was still in nicu, about seven weeks old, nearly up to 5ibs) and they did a spinal tap, without any anasthetic. It was the most sickening thing for a mother to hear, however we needed to know if she had this insideous bug. Thank fully not!!!!
                Misabi, how is life down on the farm.........let????????
                I was gobsmaked with the pukeko infomation. I actually thought they were cute, nice little birds......... Wasnt i wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Chillaxing day today, however how long will that last, me is wondering???????
                I still have so much to do before christmas, but we could all do with a chillaxing sunday.
                Catch you all later, after another episode of aircrash investigation!!!!!!!!!! That seems to be the thing to watch at the moment. For DH and youngest!!!&!!
                G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                  f it must be cultural. like why would you even do it? those poor baby boys!
                  Very cultural, and I'm glad to see it's going back the other way to uncut. Growing up in the permissive 70s, I've seen my share, and I've only seen three that weren't cut. I know that in 1960 my father had to specify that he didn't want my brother cut. Circumcision has been the default in the U.S. for a number of decades.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I think it also was the norm here, althou i dont know J
                    When i was 16 i worked in an old peoples home, and one of my jobs was to clean these two old men. It was the most disgusting thing a school girl could ever be asked to do, and of course they got a silly on every time!!!!!!!!!
                    Anyway they had lots of pus and shit under there and it just grossed me out - BIGTIME
                    DH is cut, apparently his brother is not, so i have never asked MIL why, but i suspect the screaming baby thing might have had something to do with it?????????
                    Anyhoo, now i believe it is hard to find a surgeon to do the procedure here in NZ

...small steps....

Comment

• Circumcision has been the default in the U.S. for a number of decades.
                      i only found this out by accident on an AP US discussion board. i also found out all the nasties to do with the long terms effects etc. not to mention what they actually do to the babies which is truly beyond me. i never knew anything about it before that as i assumed it was something practising jews and muslims did. and at least the muslims wait till the boys are older and know how much they are cutting off. much much much prefer uncut men myself from a physical pov. and i'd be willing to bet old ladies have hygiene issues too. exhubby reckons it was the norm in his generation. i am not convinced. maybe certain areas and certain socio economic groups. i know i looked at the m-i-l in a new light once i realised what she'd done. regardless of all the propoganda, that is still your child and you still have to let them do what they do. it is not rocket science!

Comment

• I know if I go by just my family, the awareness that one can actually question one's doctor, heck even disregard his/her advice has gone up with each generation. My mom was 25 when my little brother was born and I don't think it would have occurred to her to question it - it was my father who insisted no cutting and she didn't even learn to question him until later in the marriage.

An example would be her TypeII Diabetes "diet" list. I once asked her why she still ate oatmeal/cereal for breakfast with the diabetes. And this was way before I knew anything about primal. She showed me the list of what they recommended and oatmeal was on it. I told her that logically, it seemed to me that Atkins would be the better plan, but what did I know? Her doctor said, and so she did as told. It's sad, but that's how a lot of people are. Doc says snip, they snip.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• i guess maybe we question things more but it seems wierd to me that someone wouldnt ask what was involved from a purely practical pov. like how do you plan to do this to my child?

on a less controversial note i have a deer chilling out in my fridge in pieces. i need to cut it all up in a few days into steaks and roasts etc. i managed to save most of it so i have ribs. i am looking for recipes for ribs. any good ones? i dont care if they are not venison rib recipes.

Comment

• Circumcision in the US - here are the stats for me - all male members of my US family, circumcised. All past guy friends (platonic or not) also circumcised. All boys in the preschool-age daycare I worked at just before First was born, this would be late 1990's, circumcised except for two uncut brothers - I had never, ever seen such a thing before and had to delicately ask the lead teacher in the room why their little boy parts looked as they did. She, thankfully, answered my question very nicely and completely. Someone somewhere on the MDA said that circumcision stats today differ according to US region, which may be true, as that poster said East Coast is high, West Coast low, and my family & my old daycare job hail from NJ while the guy friends are Midwest.
                            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• you see i have a memory of one of the little boys at school when i was like 5 yrs old having a strange willy. the end was purple. i had no idea till years later that it was coz he was circed. he was jewish.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                                Anyhoo, now i believe it is hard to find a surgeon to do the procedure here in NZ
                                Due to the influx of muslim immigrants, there are several places in wellington and auckland, in particular, that provide it for children up to age 4, using the very painful plastibel process. I was shocked to discover this, and figured that this would be outlawed or something, since you can't even spank your kids in NZ. I mean, you can't hit them, but you can cut their penises? Really?

Anyway, I'm against both, mind you.

And, thankfully, it's increasingly less common in the US. Last year, 63% of boys remained intact, so we are heading in the right direction.

And, you're right, no 16 yr old girl should be given charge of cleaning people's genitals. That's for adult women/nurses who have more skill in how to handle it (emotionally, etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X