No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH Jac, that is a bit rough, but I really do think you are doing the right thing by listening to what your body is telling you. I've had an IBS flair up after my not so fantastic diet over the weekend away. At the most random times I suddenly find myself in the grips of a stomach cramp followed by 'you know what' - its good to get a wee reminder now and then as to why grain free is so important! I let myself have at least two kumara a week and the odd handful of dried fruit and fresh fruit every day, and I have still improved my health and managed to ssssllllloooooowwwwwlllllyyy loose weight too. Just be patient with that body of yours.

Comment

• Riddle me this: how come in NZ, when you say "leave the room the way that you found it" that equals "leave the room a freakin' mess and then blink at the person when they say "hey, you didn't leave the room the way that you found it."

I even left detailed instructions on how to properly fold the blankets so that they fit on the shelves properly.

Comment

• I think it's ok to have more carbs if that's what works for you. I make sure I don't VLC.

Comment

• we haven't spent more money amusing everyone -- ds is quite capable on his own, really -- but it's still stressful because my work load doesn't decrease just because of school holidays! lol
          it is the gas to get places to amuse everyone that costs $s as we live rural. i had to go to town every day last week which is a 50+k round trip each time. usually i go once or twice at the outside. swimming pools, the dreaded chipmunks, having to stop for a coffee etc all swiftly adds up.

in terms of not having a garden, i have done spud in a bucket with a few schools. we also use PB40 planter bags to put potatoes in.

Jac - zucchini flowers fried are a total delicacy. super yummy. you can stuff them with garlic and herb cheese or you could prob use that cauliflower and hazelnut breadless stuffing as you cant have dairy. cant remember if nuts are out too for you. i am in love with zucchini noodles as well. i so am getting a few plants this year

tailing was cancelled so i am home for now cutting up another deer leg. gonna have to google to work out the plan for the front ones later on. i have worked out too that i can happily eat fat on meat now. i have been rendering the tallow off the fatty bits, of which there are stuff all and i find that if you take them out when the meaty bits are crisp but the fatty bits are kinda halfway they are heavenly!

Comment

• I think if you live rurally you just send them outside. LOL

Comment

• lmao i do that lots but sometimes it is freezing cold and wet and windy as it has been the last week here. they have a horse to ride and a boat to go play out on the inlet in. bush to run around too. bikes, scooters, bows and arrows, fishing rods etc that is all there every day after and before school and every weekend so it is nice to do something different in the holidays. it amazes me how they take what they have for granted. if i had a horse and a beach down the road, my mother would not have seen me for dust when i was their age. even just an acre of wilderness to play in, i would have been gone.

Comment

• When we were kids on our farm I remember it being an 'issue' that Mum couldn't get us to come back home for lunch and/or dinner. I don't exactly remember what it was that we were doing all the time, but it was sure as hell more interesting than what was going on inside. This was in the days before computers though.

Comment

• times have changed so much since then. we dont have a TV and they arent allowed to play on my computer as i use it for work.

Comment

• [QUOTE=seaweed;974598]times have changed so much since then. QUOTE]

Don't I know it....... though I'm not that old!

We had the police visit us one afternoon a few years ago after a kindly neighbour called them to report a young child (my 4 year old) playing unsupervised on the farmland behind our property. Like seriously?! The policeman was sort of rolling his eyes as well, but apparently the kindly neighbour was worried about electric fences and the horses that were grazing nearby. Best I keep him safely inside watching telly I suppose?

Comment

• lol! things have changed since my oldest and my youngest were born. they are 15 years apart.

Comment

• I lived in suburbia, but still you couldn't keep us inside. or shod for that matter.

DS is like that. He'll be outside all day long, and all we have is the tiniest "garden" (courtyard?). I do have some pots and plants, and I left a bed open (no plants) for him to dig around in. And sticks. The boy has an in-ordinant amount of sticks. I want to get a simple rope/board swing to put in this one spot. I think that would be fun for him too. Keep it simple.

He managed to loose the keys to the back door somehow (probably my fault anyway for letting him play with them), and as such, we have to let him out a little less easily than before -- which was just opening the back door. Now it's all hard because I have to open the front door, then open the gate, and then keep the front door open to make sure that I can hear him.

Difficulty of primal is leanness. I'm cold all the time.

Comment

• Difficulty of primal is leanness. I'm cold all the time
                          i always generate more heat which i like as i need to keep warm down here! my kids were far better when they were younger and far happier to just play in the mud. they changed as they got older.

i have some butter ( ghee ) rig with coconut milk simmering away in the slow cooker. i am still being swamped in a huge wave of venison. my deer was a fallow too so thank the gods i didnt get a red deer. i have made a mental note next time this happens have bags i can write on properly and a decent pen so as i can tell what everything is in the freezer. it is pretty much steak, lumps of steak or small pieces of steak but it helps to know what before defrosting it. down to the front legs tonight and then i will be done.

Comment

• Holy Holy Holy - I head away for the day - come back and its like 2+ pages of gossip !!!!!!!
                            Well done to you all !!!!!
                            I love the "when I was a kid" competition...... when I was a kid, we lived in a cardboard box, and walked to school barefoot....in the snow.....yarda yarda yarda !!!!! LOL

anyways my 49th birthday has nearly been and gone, but off out to dinner with DH and a brand new hairstyle !!!!
                            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• happy birthday gwamma!!! what does the hair look like? i used to weave with some old women who really did walk to school in the frost barefoot. unreal stories they told and they were awesome women.

had to resort to butter rig in the pot as i got tired of waiting for the slow cooker. so yummy!

Comment

• thanx Seaweed, yep some of the oldies tell some amazing life stories. I don't think that we realise just how easy we have had it and I definately don't think some of our modern generation kids have a clue as to what HARD really is !!!!!!

tomorrow I am gonna up the exersize. I will overcome this plateau !!!!!!
                                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X