• Show
Clear All

• looking up gainsayers.............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      "buns of steel". oh my!
      they look more like budgees seas........... not buns................

...small steps....

Comment

• I didnt mean oh my as in hot oh my. more so retro it was out of it oh my and what was he wearing??!!! altho those things can be awesome fun to keep up and do. bit of variety for a change.

Comment

• I used to take an aerobics class, way back in the day. I just made it up myself, and didnt get paid to do it, but boy it got the old heart rate up. However we never had any cute men like that come along!!!!!!!!!

Okay team how do you get rust off an old stainless steal wok?????? And i mean turn of the previous century old!!!!!!
          I have tried sanding - didn't do nuffink
          I have tried that brasso stuff - didn't do nuffink
          I am now boiling it with water to see if that will work............

...small steps....

Comment

• Hey thanx seas, i would love to try one or two............
            Off to shift the sprinklers, yes its that time again. These winds cause havoc in my paddocks!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Hi all - I've been away teaching, and now I get a day to clear up my desk before I have an almost-four-month sabbatical!! Well, actually I will be taking some of the work with me to do over the next couple of weeks, but for the most part I get to spend the summer reading and writing about the stuff the reading makes me think about. Does that make sense?? Of course, I plan to do most of it while I'm outside, lol.

Gwamma, the waiting is horrendous isn't it?? I feel for you - sending hugs. You've done no dumping here at all that I can see!

I've logged a call to the local gym - waiting for them to call with an 'orientation' appointment!
              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• From here: How to Clean Old Stainless Steel | eHow

Things You'll Need

Cleaning rags
                Dish soap
                Vinegar
                Baby oil

Instructions:

1. Dab a drop of dish soap onto a damp cleaning rag, and wipe it over the old stainless steel to remove food residue and other buildup.

2. Rinse the cloth with warm water, wring it out and pour 1 tablespoon of white vinegar onto the rag.

3. Scrub over the stainless steel again, as the vinegar will remove more stubborn stains.

4. Dry the steel with a clean rag.

5. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of baby oil onto the cleaning rag and rub it into the stainless steel. Continue until you clean the entire stainless steel surface. The baby oil restores shine and works well in masking scratches.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Yay for gym memberships and sun and sabbaticals.............
                  Thanx Jac, yep the waiting is horrendous, and i am hoping that they come through today, not monday........
                  Time will tell.

The sprinkler shifting episode was a real pain. All the irrigation pipes were under lots of grass, so tangled BIG TIME.
                  I had to pull them up metre by metre. Oh well thats my strength done for today. Honker waddled around with me, along with horse and last years two heifers........it so must have looked very silly with Gwamma and her entourage

...small steps....

Comment

• Thanx J but this is baked on thick rust!!!!!!!! Like you wouldn't believe!!!!!!!! I will however give it a go............
                    Looking for vinegar now...........

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                      Thanx J but this is baked on thick rust!!!!!!!! Like you wouldn't believe!!!!!!!! I will however give it a go............
                      Looking for vinegar now...........
                      G, my dh uses a real heavy duty wire brush to clean the bbq, maybe something similar for your wok.

If boiling water in it, try adding some baking soda.

I'm thinking that if you persevere with enough different methods you will make some progress, I hope it's worth it.
                      Annie Ups the Ante
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• i clean my burnt pots by boiling them with something like persil in them. needs to be a decent washing powder, not some environmental one. can you try immersing it in a bigger pot of boiling water and washing powder? the other thing i would suggest is go to mitre 10 and get some rust remover.

sounds like honker is settling in nicely LOL my entourage this morning was the dog, bouncing all over the place. almost pulled me into the mini eel pond by the road when i wasnt paying attention. and a small child in pyjamas and purple nike frees on a $9,000 MTB which always looks very incongruous. we also picked up the long squashed dead rabbit on the way home and carried it proudly. which gave me a big dilemma. no attempts to pull me anywhere as he was so pleased with himself so he walked like a show dog, the smell was nasty and i didnt want to touch it to take it off him. i compromised in the end. 20m before the driveway, i made him down and i stuck my boot on it and yanked him off. euwww!!!!!

Comment

• Nothing quite like a maggotty old bit of road kill to tickle the senses
                          Have pot simmering now Annie with b.soda. Will go and look for wire brush, and then its into rangoon to get sleeping tabs for the boy, maybe some rust remover stuff, and some cat litter!!!!!!
                          I will catch you on the return...........

...small steps....

Comment

• Nothing quite like a maggotty old bit of road kill to tickle the senses
                            blue cheese for dogs!!! just got the kids a slackline for xmas off trademe. very exciting. i always struggle with xmas as their dad just buys them junk constantly so there is no real specialness with them getting given stuff anymore.

Comment

• Another solution. Throw away old pot/pan. Go to town or online and buy/order new one. It's not as green a solution, but sometimes a cave girl's gotta do what a cave girl's gotta do.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• i got a real cool cast iron wok from briscoes in one of their many sales for something wild like under $30.

Comment

Working...
                                X