Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hello to all and sundry , that was said and meant in a very nice way.........
    Well the goose is still following the horse around the paddock, the friends sick lamb is getting better, but still a long way to go ( we are thinking listeria), i managed 60 lengths in the pool and then 45 minutes of aquacize, little dog that was run over is getting about a wee bit better, and eating, peeing and pooping, DH managed to get to golf, but is not looking well, and i manged to mow the lawns.
    So not a huge lot to report....... Roll on wednesday !!!!!!!
    G x
    Roll on Wednesday indeed, my heart goes out to you and your dh. Good on him for getting out to golf, anything to keep normality going during the wait. Hang in there xxx

Brilliant swimming by the way
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Thanx Annie, i am sure it will be fine, but the waiting is always the hardest.
      X
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• G, thinking of you and your hubby and sending good wishes and vibes. *hugses*
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thanx J - another sleepless night......... Muscles very sore after my no exersize regime, brain a little over active and that bloody goose started honking at about 3 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          It will be in the pot sooner rather than later at this rate LOL
          Have the best day all
          G x

...small steps....

Comment

• A good goose is a good thing.

Not sure that slang translates well across so many miles.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• G can you capture it and transport it to a pond with other geese? it prob just wants someone goosey to hang out with. had a sea lion incident this morning.we made it the whole way up the beach quite fine but part way back, there is a strange looking lump in the surf. adolescent male sealions can run 24kph and it looked in a bad mood LOL we had to do this theatrical creep along the bank on the beach and of course the dog decides we're playing. 2 funny. i know if it had gotten really aggro, the dog would either have bailed it for me while i got away or more likely, tripped me up while we were running away and it would have gotten me. too much fun for a sunday morning stroll i can tell you.

Comment

• Seas that would not have been funny, but am laughing anyway.......sorry

Well the two way love affair with horse, was only a one way love affair all along!!!!!!!!!!
                Goose has departed the paddock, and horse didn't even bat one long hairy eyelash.
                So now goose has decided that right here around the house is a much better place to honk and holler!!!!!!
                Have just come down stairs to see goose, lamb, and two paradise ducks being bailed up by tui the dog............
                I tell ya i live in the maddest place around

...small steps....

Comment

• i used to like sea lions till i had to live and swim with them and now i am all for them being on some off shore island. very ungreen of me i can tell you. it was actually funny after the event. it wouldnt have got us as they never do but it is freaky as they wheeze like dirty old men and the ground shakes when they are chasing you. kinda like some budget horror. it is apparently all bluster but i've never been game to stop and find out. it may be true as none of them have ever caught me LOL

off for a blat of the hog now. i've walked 10.5ks today so i can be sedentary and ride the motorcycle this avo.

Comment

• Enjoy the ride Seas. I am trying to read up everything that i can on melanomas. Most of it is going over my thick head, but am managing to retain a small amount!
                    Ditsy Gwamma!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• i had great fun riding away from home but on the way back, i almost got blown into the harbour a few times as it was so windy. i so would not have wanted to have been on a push bike or i poss would have been in the harbour!

interesting day today. i was discussing the potato famine with the kids last night. we (as in the some of the ancestors ) got out in the 1820s so our genes missed the potato famine. apparently if your genes go thru a major famine it is more likely to switch the starvation gene on in your offspring. and co-incidentally someone also said to me at the weekend. totally unrelated convo how no one came out of auschwitz obese. we dodged a bullet on that one too as they didnt manage to get my Nan. Anyways, i google to see if there is any evidence that holocaust survivors had an obesity issue themselves and i found this study that accidentally found that holocaust survivors lived longer than jews who missed it. they hypothesised that the stress made them more resilient. very interesting. yes i should be working today!

Comment

• Yes we all should be working today......however you have provoked some interesting thoughts.
                        I have always been impressed with the holocaust people. Whether they survived or not, what an amazing group of people.
                        They do say that stressful events make you a stronger person etc.......
                        I actually always think of those terrible times whenever i am in a schindler lift, and they are everywhere.
                        Goose has gone back to be with horse, althou did decide at about 3am to pop over to the cave and denounce all who live in it........... Bloody thing!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• the article i read was talking about stressful events vs ongoing low level stress. obese people having fat shaming to be precise. there are things everywhere from the companies that made the gas chambers and so on still! i was also looking at the view that carbs make you fat blah blah. predispose you to store fat and so on. dad grew up on tea, toast and jam and stolen fruit during the depression. penguin and ostrich eggs too. but mainly carbs. he was never even slightly overweight or portly and he lived till he was 72. none of his 4 sisters or my nan were either.

Still sposed to be working but i can see the sun. i even felt it when i went to move the horse just now. Hey G I am going white water rafting with the school kids as parent help at the end of the month and we're going on a jet boat ride up the river!!! i had to cancel my hair appointment to go LOL

Comment

• Way to go Seas........ White water rafting then jet boating........WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• i think it is jet boating up the river and then white water rafting back down. and i have to be RESPONSIBLE and look after the kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                i had great fun riding away from home but on the way back, i almost got blown into the harbour a few times as it was so windy. i so would not have wanted to have been on a push bike or i poss would have been in the harbour!

interesting day today. i was discussing the potato famine with the kids last night. we (as in the some of the ancestors ) got out in the 1820s so our genes missed the potato famine. apparently if your genes go thru a major famine it is more likely to switch the starvation gene on in your offspring. and co-incidentally someone also said to me at the weekend. totally unrelated convo how no one came out of auschwitz obese. we dodged a bullet on that one too as they didnt manage to get my Nan. Anyways, i google to see if there is any evidence that holocaust survivors had an obesity issue themselves and i found this study that accidentally found that holocaust survivors lived longer than jews who missed it. they hypothesised that the stress made them more resilient. very interesting. yes i should be working today!
                                And this is why I lurk this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X