No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry about your grandad Misabi. I am sure he would appreciate you having a drink for him. hugs xx

G i hate killing birds which is why i dont go duck hunting. all that indecent flapping around when they are supposedly dead. plus the fact they mate for life just puts me off. that said, canada goose does taste nice. i have had it roasted only and it is more like a lean beef than poultry. dont know what the normal geese taste like. apparently not so good.

Comment

• Misabi, sorry we must have cross posted.
      So sorry to hear about Grandad. Huge hugs coming your way from the south.
      I think tonight you need to retire to your DECK!!!!! And raise a glass or two!!!!!!!
      I dont need any prompting!!!!!!!!!
      G x
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Hi all - heaps happening here! Gwamma, fingers crossed for a good outcome for you and DH. Sending heaps of positive thoughts your way.

Misabi, so sorry to hear about your Granddad. Sinatra and a drink, looking out over your new domain sounds like just the thing to say goodbye to him. Hugs to you.

Havana - I think we're mostly old farts here . But you're very welcome to hang out with us, lol.

I've been lurking and feeling sorry for myself, but today is a better day and it's almost the weekend again! We're polyeurothaning (sp??) the floor this weekend, then the dining room will be ready to move all our crappy old furniture back in again!!
        Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• For Misabi's Granddad:

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Gwamma, I'm sorry for such a rough time of it. Fingers crossed for good outcomes from here on in.

OTOH, way to go on the swimming! You rock!
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thanks folks
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• http://clickmadness.co.nz

JOIN THE MADNESS!
                One day only - November 12th 2013 - 9am to Midnight
                Register for NZ's biggest online sale and be in to WIN

Retailers include The Warehouse, Noel leeming, bond & bond, No1 Fitness, torpedo7 and ilovebeauty.com
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  Thanx Seas.......

On a completely different note, we are now the proud owners of a renegade goose!!!!!! It arrived here a couple of days ago, can't fly so i am presuming a fledgling, and has been making alot of bloody goose honking in the early hours of dawn!!!!!!!!
                  Would anyone like a wee gooseyloosey?????
                  ..........real ccccchhhhhheeeeeeaaaaappppp
                  mmmmmmmmmm roast goooooooossseeee....... goose liver pate?

Comment

• actual Doc, it has befriended the horse !!!!!!!!!
                    following bthe horse around like they was long lost brothers............I think whiskey the horse will get a wee bit fed up after a bit...... so we may still have roast goose on the menu, but it might be a kicked in the head roast goose ????????

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                      actual Doc, it has befriended the horse !!!!!!!!!
                      following bthe horse around like they was long lost brothers............I think whiskey the horse will get a wee bit fed up after a bit...... so we may still have roast goose on the menu, but it might be a kicked in the head roast goose ????????
                      If it means a timely demise, do it really matter if it's the horse or the cook that do the undoing?

Comment

• Goose threeway
                        Christmas Goose | Food With Legs
                        That last picture looks disturbingly close to this:
                        Meet Mr Testicle... probably the most bizarre mascot ever who is seeking to raise awareness of testicular cancer in Brazil | Mail Online
                        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• MR T looks like a hairy pear.....

Comment

• I think you are right Doc - a prickly pear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Hello to all and sundry , that was said and meant in a very nice way.........
                              Well the goose is still following the horse around the paddock, the friends sick lamb is getting better, but still a long way to go ( we are thinking listeria), i managed 60 lengths in the pool and then 45 minutes of aquacize, little dog that was run over is getting about a wee bit better, and eating, peeing and pooping, DH managed to get to golf, but is not looking well, and i manged to mow the lawns.
                              So not a huge lot to report....... Roll on wednesday !!!!!!!
                              G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Things are going great thanks! Life has really turned itself around since I took the plunge, I am loving it. As far as goals go, I am just enjoying boosted energy and concentration levels more than anything, and I have just started high intensity weights training and sprints. Only time will tell how much extra I will get out of this!

Nice to meet you all. I'll keep checking in
                                Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97135.html

Comment

Working...
                                X