No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was great advice that I will use on the DDs dog, when next out and about.
    Thank you
    Have bought a rash top and board shorts. One step closer to joining the masters swimming team!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Cool! I should really get my butt back in the pool, I'm certainly not water fit at the moment.. going to suffer in the surf this summer at this rate
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Sorry, didn't even dawn on me that you were talking about your goat
        i love my dog but i think about a shock collar sometimes. so much easier than the constant corrections as they will continually try to edge the boundary on non safety critical things like walking to heel. it's more of an irritation than anything that causes real issues. my rule is i shouldnt see the nose. so the nose will edge further and further forward at approx 10 min intervals like the tardis. and i will growl and cough politely and the nose will edge back out of view and then s-l-o-w-l-y edge back. if i could just do a swift zap. i reckon it would maybe happen 2x and then never again.

Comment

• What about a wee willow switch????????
          And I don't mean a great whack with it, just a little tap when needed!
          Gwamma is nasty!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• i wish! it doesnt work the same. he is the world's most persistent annoying dog some days and he is impossible to wear out LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
              Have bought a rash top and board shorts. One step closer to joining the masters swimming team!!!!!!!!
              No excuses now Have fun!
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Hmmmmmm Gwamma missed training this morning- she slept in!!!!!!!! A magical start to her masters swimming career

...small steps....

Comment

• Hmmmmmm Gwamma missed training this morning- she slept in!!!!!!!! A magical start to her masters swimming career
                  Too little sleep effects training. i have always got big plans of getting up early and going for a run but the last few weeks i have been too tired. once i am up and had breakfast and wandered around for an hour doing stuff like work, i then feel like going for a huge run but everyone else is up by then and needs feeding and cleaning up after and taking to school usually. what sort of swimming do you do G?

yay for the long weekend!!! i am so looking forward to monday. 8 hrs of paid doing no work. woohoo!!!!!!

Comment

• I am one of 7 children who all started swimming training at the age of 5. A couple of them were very good, and have represented nz in swimming, tris etc....... Maybe the genes have rubbed off on Gwamma now that she is old and dottery ???????
                    I need to do some exersize, so I can post a picky of me climbing a wall - looking like you Seas!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• LOL you just need to climb the wall! that was a cell phone pic one of the kids took. proof i really did make it to the top of a 9m climbing wall. even if it doesnt look that high in the pic. i have neighbours who were very good swimmers. i cant stand all that chlorine so i am more of a recreational swimmer. and i so prefer to swim in the sea when it is warm and also not full of rips and sharks which is not really down here. i do still reckon swimming is good exercise as you use all sorts of muscles you dont use on land so that can only be good. and it must be very primordial as we were apparently aquatic for quite a while way back.

Comment

• glad to see this thread is going again.

alas, I am no longer in NZ. three weeks out. It's weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                          glad to see this thread is going again.

alas, I am no longer in NZ. three weeks out. It's weird.
                          Hi Zoe's, are you on holiday? Hope you are having a great time

...small steps....

Comment

• Wow Gwamma, you have been gone for too long. Back with a vengeance though, you're posting like a demon today!

Zoe and whanua had to go back stateside. IIRC they couldn't get their visas renewed.
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Demonic Gwamma!!!!!!!! That has a wee ring to it!!!!!!!!!
                              How sad for Zoe. I need to read some missed pages

...small steps....

Comment

• Hope you're all enjoying Labour weekend! It always feels like the official start to summer. We've been prepping the dining room ready for painting - including sanding the floor. I found my triceps, lol. Very, very tired right now, and planning an early night. Lovely weather - too good to be inside really! Masking up and undercoating/priming tomorrow morning . . .
                                Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Working...
                                X