No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all - yep that was a gorgeous photo Seas - more please !!!!!
    J - I have been thinking of you all - that heat is horrendous. I am so pleased that we missed it by a week or two. I found the Indiana humidity awful - so can't even begin to imagine the temps you are having. Keep cool girl..........
    CC - was thinking of you last night as I downloaded some more photies. Hope the whanau are all well......

had a horrid day yesterday - just all sorts of sh-t going down...........and then I got the mail !!!!!! I was sent the most amazing little package that held a few wee treats.......... it just made my day !!!!!!!!!! We all need a wee fabulous day-maker !!!!!!!! so a huge thank you to mine !!!!!!!!!!

I hope that everyone is having a gorgeous day ..............
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Hey Gwamma! (waving furiously)

Yup, all doing well. First and Fourth are getting packed to go to a week-long, stay-over horse camp, and they cannot wait. I was thinking of you today as well - see, we here at Crabbcakes Manor came into possession of a wonderful wood trivet, made of a NZ wood species and carved to resemble a fern, and it held up a biiiiig 'ole hot baking dish of smoked sausage tonight.
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Today is going well. Had to get car repairs. We were afraid it would be the gasket, but no. Luckily, a small (inexpensive) repair, and we're good to go. Thank goodness!

Big staff meeting tonight; no clue who is coming.

Comment

• Hey folks :-)

Trucking along up here, being driven bananas by the housing market. Every time we find a place it either gets snapped up by a cash buyer or we get just pipped to the postwith getting an offer in.

Looking at another place this weekend and also looking like we have someone interested in buying our place too, so touch wood we'll be putting in an offer on Monday.

So I've been busy doing touch up painting and laying carpets to tidy our place up, meaning my "gym" (spare room and hall way where I do pullups) have been full of clutter and I haven't really done any training for weeks.
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
            DH was so excited about each fill up. $55 US was the most we paid for a full tank......... here in NZ $150 fills up our Holden, not sure about the conversion, but its HUGE !!!!!!!!
            What are the prices like in your neck of the woods LL ?????
            !!!
            Petrol is super cheap here, about $20 to fill the average car! Eating out is very cheap too, we had top grade sushi the other night for our family of four plus one extra kid and it cost $65 (i had a big sashimi platter). Of course no booze to make the bill higher. Supermarket food varies because its all imported, but the local market has very cheap produce. Got four mangoes for $5 this week, 1 kg of tomatoes for $1.50. I've also located a shop within walking distance of our house that sells eggs from their own chickens, not exactly free range but far from battery farmed at least and no food miles. Also they sell fresh cooked onion Baji and pakora, 30 c each. I did get a BBQ mackerel from a street vendor for $6, that was a nice lunch.

Still no Internet at our new house. Boooo!

Comment

• hey Lizzie, you seem to have no shortage of good primal food - and good prices too.

Pity about the internet, here's hoping it won't be too long.

Have a great week.
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• It's been a while since this was active.

Enjoyed the recent quakes . . . and also immigration didnt' approve us so we're going to the US.

Decluttering, decluttering. . .

Comment

• Zoe: if immigration didn't approve you, how are you still going to the States? Or did you try and immigrate here?

Comment

• I moved from the US to NZ. NZ didn't approve the next visa, so I return to the US.

Comment

• Oh, that's disappointing Zoe, after all your work on getting your business going here. How soon do you go? Husband and child too, I hope??

I can't imagine you have too much to declutter
                      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Oh Zoe! That is so sad for you. I know how much work you have put into your business and just when it was starting to look good they make you go home? I'm sure you are disappointed. Can you get them to reconsider?

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                          Zoe: if immigration didn't approve you, how are you still going to the States? Or did you try and immigrate here?
                          Zoe and family are US citizens, hence they just come back to the US.

Oops, cross posts.... Long day.
                          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Hello fellow Kiwis, I just found this thread. I'm from the top of the South Island, keeping it rural and now primal. I've been married nearly 20 years and have a 15 year old daughter who, coincidentally, and very primaly, is named after a clan of the cave bear character. I've been primal for about 2months now and have slowly been losing weight. I don't really have much to loose weight wise but my blood pressure was up and the doc recommended dropping 5kg to prevent having to go on medication. I'm happy to say that it has gone back to normal now. Also, husband has jumped on the wagon as well and at last weigh In he had lost 7kg.
                            I love eating meat
                            Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Yay for you, soulrunner. My blood pressure improved with this way of eating too. I was already exercising and that didn't bring it down, only the diet change. Odd but wonderful. I love meat, eggs, milk and all the veges too.
                              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• I know Annie, it's all the foods I have always loved.....it's like it was meant to be!
                                Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

Working...
                                X