No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You probably could use coconut flour. Not sure what it would do to the texture, if anything
    i am basing my cake like idea on the choc banana faleo mug cake which i make with coconut flour not almond butter. it comes out incredibly cakey. it doesnt custard if you under nuke it. i need to try one on someone who is able to and used to eating cake. the kids hate bananas and can detect them with the accuracy of a well trained blood hound so they are out.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      i am basing my cake like idea on the choc banana faleo mug cake which i make with coconut flour not almond butter. it comes out incredibly cakey. it doesnt custard if you under nuke it. i need to try one on someone who is able to and used to eating cake. the kids hate bananas and can detect them with the accuracy of a well trained blood hound so they are out.
      if you are using the bananas for "moisture" could you use applesauce instead?

Comment

• i forgot to buy a banana when i was in town today and i ate cashews for lunch by accident. usually i have a faleo mug cake for my lunch after i've been to the gym. so in theory, i could make some apple sauce and try one tomorrow and report back!

Comment

• Actually Seas, I have used cocoa powder for the mug cakes too, which worked just as we'll as whey, so coconut should be ok.
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Well well well just when I thought this thread was a dead duck!

Hugs Gwamma keep that chin up and focused on all the fun stuff you've got coming your way in - is it 13 sleeps now?

Yum Misabi, I like the look of those apple cake thingies, I do love custard so it's right on for my palate.

Person from Nelson -there used to be a great organic shop located in The Wood, if its still there it's the place you need to go to for supplies. I lived in Nelson 10 years ago and worked at The Wood Retirement Village, the organic shop was just around the corner and supplied me with all my GF needs back then.

1 day to go...............

Comment

• i put cocoa in the faleo mug cake as well as coconut flour and banana. i think tho i may have the rest of the troupe coming over for roast chicken for lunch tomorrow so that could put paid to experiment A till the weekend.
              Well well well just when I thought this thread was a dead duck!
              not sure about the rest of NZ but duck shooting season opens here this weekend. it will be like living in the trenches for the weekend LOL i will tether the horse by the house and keep the kids indoors. it is only usually opening weekend which is mental and then it eases off till the last weekend.

Comment

• Oh is it this weekend? damn! I truly don't love being woken at dawn by the sound of guns followed by the sound of 200 ducks/geese/birds flying the hell out of here. Suppose it's our own fault for living next to a lake. Problem is that our side is reserve and the other side is open farmland, so we think ahhhhhhh lovely peaceful lake to live next to and the neighbours rub their hands together in glee and reach for their shotguns.

Comment

• i like ducks so i aint going there. google your area and it should tell you when the season is where you live.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    Tabbo - welcome to our own little kiwi thread, with lashings of Americano and British influences !!!!!!!!!
                    My ancestors settled in Nelson - Orinoko - after coming out on one of the first four !!!!!!!
                    Keep in touch

Misabi - those look awesome. You can come and cook them at mine - any time you want !!!!!!!

Seas - still no book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie - can I get your addie - I found this amazing scarf for you today - to wear with your gorgeous merino dress !!!!!! It had Annie written all over it !!!!!!!!
                    Gwamma, are you serious?
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      Gwamma, are you serious?
                      Gwamma is always serious. And a complete sweetheart. xx
                      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• yep I am serious - bought you awee scarf to go with yopur merino !!!! but you don't have to wear it ..... I can just pop it with my wee scarf-ontourage............ however if you would like a weeny teeny cute little thing that says ANNIE - I can send it - c/o your local post shop.....................

crikey I qam so slurring my words tonight......................... I walked into this shop and saw this scarf and thought OM goodness - that is Annie.................................. so I bought it................ thats just what Gwamma does................. SORRY.......
                          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• crawling back into my weeny teeny hole right now - you know Gwamma .... pain in the buzukas at the best of times................
                            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma you are a honey, and to think I almost missed your post. So what would you like from the North Island, I don't trust my feijoa chutney to reach you safely but I'll think of something xx
                              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Lol sweet dreams Gwamma!
                                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Working...
                                X