Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lizzielou View Post
    WARNING vent ahead!..............DH has just come home from work and totally laid into me about how he seems to be the only one preparing for going overseas (because I forgot to call the rental agent again today) and then announced that he's not happy about the situation with the cats and he doesn't want them to go to the family who have offered.

I am so friggin pissed off with him! For months I've been doing the major decluttering of the century without him lifting a finger and all of a sudden he's the only one doing anything? I'm grinding my teeth I'm so annoyed right now. The whole cat thing is difficult but I seriously think he's over thinking the situation. We have concerns for our older cat who hates kids but copes ok in our house, the other family have kids also but their grandparents live next door and are quite keen for our kitty to hang out at their place if she wants - this sounds like a good solution to me.

Looks like I'll be in the spare room tonight as I can't even look at him right now, sigh.....
    LL - hugs.................... this is such a stressful time for you all, but we have your back. We can make up a tag team to come and DEAL to that 'usband !!!!!!! LOL
    I know I am making light of a very stressful time - but sometimes laughter is the best medicine. Hang in there chick
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Thanks Gwamma and Annieh. Yes sometimes the best thing to do is laugh, just not laughing around him at the moment. I don't know why it needs to be stressful for us? We've had so much notice of this happening its not like all of a sudden we've had to rush around getting things organised, and we still have 2 months to go.

He's also a bit hacked off because of his flying school shut down yesturday and he's about 2 flights away from completing his liscence. He was having a final exam when his tutor was called into a meeting where he was told that the whole club was folding - not a suprise to anyone, but we were hoping he'd get finished first. So now DH has to go find a plane to borrow (FIL's plane is the wrong sort aparently) and then privately pay for someone to examine him. Hopefully this will work out easily enough, but of course he's gone and gotten all stressed about it and guess who it ends up being taken out on?

Comment

• relationships can be hard. i am not the best person to give any advice since i bailed on mine as i couldnt negociate any longer. G is right tho. laughter is the best medecine. life is an adventure so try to look at it like that.

the ankle is better again today. still no running on it but i can move quicker. i survived the gym. had a minor hiccup with the naughty black car but sorted it. my personal trainer fat calipered me. how to agree to something i will regret LOL. it wasnt too bad as we just did the fat gut. you can mess with where you take the measurement so we had a 4mm variance. everything except the pullups is getting easier. i even went up on weights on a couple of the exercises. i am in love with stiff arm pushdowns. if you do them properly with your lats, not your arms, they hurt so much but it is a funky burning feeling. it stays for a few days. quite interesting how different muscles in the body respond to exercise. the key is to know what muscles you are supposed to be using and use them.

Comment

• Good morning, everyone!

LL, I sorry to hear about all the hassle.

sea, lately I've been looking to those who inspire. Don't be embarrassed, but you do indeed by sticking to and improving your strength while at the same time healing an ailing ankle.

Hi to you also G - your humor is such a gift to us all. I was talking to a friend yesterday. I love him, but he's so trying. For some reason I just started laughing at everything he was saying, and when I was done talking to him, I didn't feel like I'd done some mental marathon.

Great day to all!
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• sea, lately I've been looking to those who inspire. Don't be embarrassed, but you do indeed by sticking to and improving your strength while at the same time healing an ailing ankle.
            i will tell you who inspired me. i think she is called Mayan? she is one of the best rock climbers in NZ. and that is including the men. i read somewhere she had got into rock climbing as she broke her leg snow boarding so trained her upper body while her leg was fixing. made perfect sense when i thought about it.

frosty here today. hopefully it will be another nice sunny day.

Comment

• good morning to my darling wee friends. I hope everyone is well this fine fettle of a morning.
              Mum and Dad arrived safely (they have driven from the Bay of Islands), and we had a gorgeous meal of pork belly, slad, rice and boiled eggs. Our Indonesian cook made them all - and WOW - just WOW. I can understand how she has won some national awards !!!!!
              I am thinking about taking Ma and Pa into the container mall this morning but it might be Oxford instead. we shall see. I am only grabbing snippets of MDA at present, cos I can't really just leave them to it !!!!!!! Well I can, but I llllloooooovvvvveeeeee family, so if they have made the effort to drive the country to see me and my whanau - then I had best make the effort this end too. So sorry my darling wee play mates - I still love you all heaps - you are all like family too
              be good in my absence, if not good be careful, if not careful - buy a pram !!!!!!!!
              G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Morning Gwamma, nice to hear you are having a lovely visit with the folks. Hope it continues well today.

Quiet here. DH and I are talking again, but I'm still waiting for my apology.......might give up on that I thinks.

Going glasses shopping this morning. I noticed that since my eye exam in Feb (where we decided that glasses were still optional) my sight is noticeably worse. I'm a bit reluctant to go down the glasses route because of hassle, expense, etc, but I'm going nuts trying to see stuff so I have no choice. They did offer me contacts but I like that option even less and they won't consider me for lazer yet even though my insurance will pay (annoying). So it's off to go frame shopping with DH. Will post pics when I get sorted.

Have a nice day ladies.
                Last edited by Lizzielou; 04-18-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• These bad boys: Specsavers Optometrists - Designer Glasses, Sunglasses, Contact Lenses & Eyecare and these ones too: Specsavers Optometrists - Designer Glasses, Sunglasses, Contact Lenses & Eyecare

You get 2 for the price of 1, so not horribly expensive and I had a $50 off voucher. Seems like such a huge decision though, I even had DH take photo's on his i-phone and send them through to my bestie before any decisions were made. Gotta wait 10 days before they'll be ready now.

Comment

• Those are nice Lizzie Lou and you will enjoy being able to see clearly. Do try not to sit on them in the first week you get them (speaking from unfortunate experience here). May the 10 days fly by.

I'm so glad you are speaking to dh again, it could be a long lonely overseas sojourn if you continued to ignore each other.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Good morning all. I is up and at em very early this am !!!!!!!
                      It is absolutely pouring down with rain, so I am not sure if the container mall in CHCH is a good idea today ?????
                      However what would the alternative be ???????? Chillaxing at home with the olds and the grandbabies, and the grandKID !!!!!!!!!!
                      ......sounds like a nice plan !!!!!
                      Have the best day everybody !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma, I think it must be raining everywhere. We got it, a friend 2000 miles away got it, and now half way 'round the world got it. Sounds like you have a fun housefull!

LL, great frames!
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thanks Joanie and Annieh.

It was raining all night here too, and real heavy. Drought breaker for sure. Dry enough now that I'm considering hanging out some washing and crossing my fingers.

Just had the house photographed by the rental agent, scary progress!

Comment

• it rained here last night but i wasnt home. it was hosing down where i was. heaviest rain i have seen in months. it's not raining at home anymore and the road was dry when i got home this morning.

progress LL! you must be getting excited.

Comment

• Sorry LL meant to say - brilliant choices !!!!!
                              .......and Seas where were you last night- if not at home ???? or does Gwamma NOT want to know !!!!!!!!!!!!!! L O VERY L

...small steps....

Comment

• I got the rain as well! Very unfortunate for me, because I hung my karate uniform out to dry, and it promptly got soaked. It can't be tumble dried, so I'm really hoping for a sunny sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X