No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also have a crockpot with a beef curry cooking........... can't wait for lunch !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• i think it was about 2 weeks? but i am rural delivery so you may get it quicker. it's worth waiting for.

Comment

• I am also rural delivery. I might need to check back to when I ordered it.................

...small steps....

Comment

• it should have given you an expected delivery date and then it will email you to say when it is on its way. i got strength training anatomy as well but that hasnt arrived yet. it got sent last week sometime.

Comment

• The money went through on the 11.04.2013 - so I still have a wee while to wait - buggar !!!!!!!!!
            okay off to do some CCing - catch you back here soon.................

...small steps....

Comment

• you can start doing things to prepare i guess. he does 3 days a week. alternate days with 2 days off. he says he likes the weekends off. you do 4 types of exercise each work out. 2 x 12 reps for the first 2 weeks. day 1 you do pulling, squatting, in line pushing and bending. so that is pullups, squats, pushups and good mornings. day 2 is pulling, squatting, perpendicular pushing and bending. perp pushing is military press sort of pushing. day 3 is the same as day 1. if you give me an idea what you can do in your CC progressions, i can tell you what my books says on his ones.

Comment

• My CC progressions are really minimal. I am only on basic Seas
                Squats #3
                pullups #1 because I cannot find something to do #2 with ?????
                pushups #2 I can do kneeing pushups and the odd full one, but I am starting at the beginning, so as I can go through the full sets as I should.
                bridges #2 - I need to check out the next progression for that one
                ..............and I won't try the handstand ones unless I have a spotter - and thats not gonna happen in a hurry !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• progression one for pull ups in BBY is let me ins on a door.
                  Let Me Ins, legs slightly bent - YouTube

squats progression 3 is what he calls therapy squats and i call body weight squats. these are the sumos. the therapy squats you have your feet at shoulder width apart instead of sumo stance
                  Sumo Squats - YouTube
                  pushups or inline pushing he always does with straight legs but the hands elevated on a progressively lower surface. so sternum, hip and knee height. then close grip knee height. he puts 1 sec pauses at the bottom of the exercise then 2 secs as your progressions between progressions. so pick your place there. here's close grip pushups with hands at hip height
                  Close Grip Push Up, hands hip height - YouTube
                  i cant find any military press you tubes.

Comment

• thanx Seas - I shall study them over the next week before I get the book.
                    Great stuff !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• just start doing them G! it's all over very quickly. you feel stuffed but only while you are doing them.

Comment

• I walked home with bags of heavy shopping (seriously, can tell husband drives: please get milk (3L) and dishwasher tablets (100) on top of two pairs of reheeled boots and bread and another bag...). I know, it's hardly exercise weekly stuff, but hey. It all counts.
                        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• and i stumbled over mark lauren doing military press with hands at hip height
                          Military Press, hands hip height - YouTube
                          itching to do something else today but i know i have to go to the gym tomorrow so i need to be fit for that.

Comment

• LOL i have ended up with arms several inches longer than they should be from some of those walking home with shopping trips. it is load bearing and it is long and slow so it all counts.

Comment

• WARNING vent ahead!..............DH has just come home from work and totally laid into me about how he seems to be the only one preparing for going overseas (because I forgot to call the rental agent again today) and then announced that he's not happy about the situation with the cats and he doesn't want them to go to the family who have offered.

I am so friggin pissed off with him! For months I've been doing the major decluttering of the century without him lifting a finger and all of a sudden he's the only one doing anything? I'm grinding my teeth I'm so annoyed right now. The whole cat thing is difficult but I seriously think he's over thinking the situation. We have concerns for our older cat who hates kids but copes ok in our house, the other family have kids also but their grandparents live next door and are quite keen for our kitty to hang out at their place if she wants - this sounds like a good solution to me.

Looks like I'll be in the spare room tonight as I can't even look at him right now, sigh.....

Comment

• Aagh, such a stressful time. Hopefully you will both work it all out and have the time of your lives overseas, when you finally get there.
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X