Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    Not anyone around currently to wink wink wink with. You get to a certain age, and most of the good ones are either taken or dead. haha
    yeah but no but yeah but no but - when the wink wink winks do comes a calling - at least us old girls know a thing or two about wink wink winkling !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• True dat.

And with that, I think the garbage truck is about three blocks away... My eyelids are heavy. Goodnight sweety pie.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• ho hum. well actual. not that i ever do it. did you not know diesel is a good fire starter LOL this is coz it doesnt combust as quick as petrol. exhubby used to use it sometimes. never had any explosions ever. i have seen people use meths which was quite theatrical and i have also seen people use pot rope and bits of inner tube which verges into ecoterrorism. but not i guess as bad as people i have come across, on the very rare occasion, who are on tank water, who burn all their plastic rubbish. which is bad from 2 povs!!!

Comment

• hiya Seas..... and sleep tight Joanie.........
          We have used a bit of diesel on an outside bonfire (actually who would have a bonfire inside??????)
          But on an inside Kent type fire ???????????????????? I don't think so !!!!!!!!!!

It just really struck me as ODD, and why would you tell people ?????
          nevermind - Gwamma is also off to bed................where the hell is Doc on such a fine fettle of a night ????????

...small steps....

Comment

• kiwis are a strange bunch LOL exhubby i cant project at all what he was thinking. the first house i ever brought btw was a totally rundown cliff top bach. the fire was an open fire and it had significant charring and smoke around it consistent with someone having lit the fire with some form of accelerant. the previous tennants were apparently notorious drunks so they prob had a bit too much of a party with the petrol.

Comment

• morning all.................... I can't believe how well I have been sleeping lately, however am waking very early - so I might as well be up and at em !!!!!!!!
              Best time of the day ................

...small steps....

Comment

• i am still feeling like i have a very bad hangover but i havent had any fun LOL a reminder that gluten is evil. even my joints hurt. i had a read of the body by you book last night. the opening chapters are quite annoying cheer leading garble. bearing in mind i am also in a BAD mood from my gluten incident LOL the way it is laid out and the progressions and how he does the program is actual real good i thought. easy to understand. clear. etc. me and the kids were doing one arm let me ins on the door LOL i do wonder how a one arm let me in is easier progression wise than an aussie pull up. it was all good fun so today, if i can move after going to the gym, i will go thru all the exercise assesments and put it all together.

Comment

• Sounds good, Seaweed. I might see if I can find that book in the library, I am looking to change around what I do a bit.

G, nothing like the end of daylight saving for waking up early, glad you are sleeping well, it makes such a difference.
                  Beautiful morning here too.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• good on you Seas _ I am meant to be catching up with friends in CHCH - but I might skip and get some quality time in my garage doing CC !!!!!! we shall see................

...small steps....

Comment

• We have had a really hard frost Annie - so I am expecting a gorgeous day. I think I saw rain for you Seas ?????

...small steps....

Comment

• it doesnt look like it is gonna rain but it did say that yesterday. i got the kids to uncover the pony as it is blue skies and sun. she is pretty fluffy already and has shelter so a drop of rain wont hurt. there is a body of evidence you can overcover them.

Comment

• I agree with you there Seas - however this wee horse is too thin, so I will leave his cover on today.
                          He is actually looking better, so maybe there just wasn't enough warmth in the trees ????
                          Anyway heres hoping he is on the improve, and I can ride him again. he is such a lovely fella!

...small steps....

Comment

• Morning ladies, I see we were all up and talking the shite through the evening again. I was having a lovely time watching Glee and then the Biggest Looser (nothing like watching fat arses to make you feel like a supermodel) and my i-pad battery was dead so no checking in on you all until now.

Wow frost already Gwamma? I thought it was still summer, no? (denial, denial) We get about 4 or 5 frosts a year so won't be expecting one for a while yet here. Hopefully I'll be basking in the Brunei sunshine by the time that happens.

Just had an appointment with our accountant, which was helpful but opened up a whole can of worms with DH. He just doesn't trust her point of view, and is getting all pissy about so called professionals who won't give us a straight answer. It just turns out that the IRD are not so much black and white as we had hoped and that it can be a very subjective experience. Oh well I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it one way or another.

Didn't help that the kids are suffering from some serious daylight savings jet lag and decided 5.40am was a great time to get up this morning. This was after DD had a huge tantrum at 1am because I refused to give her medicine for her sore tummy - she's been having regular pamol for about a week because of a nasty headcold, but she's better now, she just really likes the taste I guess. So a night of broken sleep makes it hard to see the logic in any discussion the next day.

And I'm sulking because I overheard one of my resident's complaining about me (loudly right outside my office) and how I just accepted the fact that our gasfitter can't fix the central heating until next week. Like what the feck did she want me to do? Its not like we need the heating at this time of year and its not like they are actually living in the centre. Best shut up now before I start ranting again....

Comment

• we have got your back LL - nothing like a good rant and then moving on ........................
                              we have had a couple of frosts this year already, but this mornings was very hard......and today its colder inside than out - I need to get some DDDDDDDssssss
                              I haven't seen the biggest loser, but I am sure that it would be quite motivating. I used to enjoy the Chauners - for the entertainment value, but I also thought that Sam ?????? was trying so hard, and just getting knocked back by her family at every turn. I wonder what they are up to now ?????
                              LL I hope that DH gets over his wee accountant moment......................men and money...................

...small steps....

Comment

• Oh Gwamma thanks for having my back. I work in isolation so its nice to have a wee bitch to someone other than DH about it sometimes. Generally I do love my job, but like any its mostly a thankless task.

You must try to catch the biggest looser sometime. Unfortunately we are nearing the end of this season but you know these american shows, theres always another episode ready to roll again. Its totally full of CW crap and excessive amounts of hard cardio exercise but if you ignore that stuff and get into the reality TV drama of it all its quite a satisfying watch. I love weigh in time, they make it so overly dramatic with lots of facial expressions and well timed add breaks. I didn't stay up last night to watch the weigh in so I recorded and will watch it tonight - although I think someone got a 0 weight loss this week so much drama ahead. I tell you its the small things sometimes! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X