Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    today I had a huge basket of goodies made for one of DH's clients. I have also made a wee cheese/salami/grape platter, and we are popping round there soon to have a wee celebratory drink. I so hope they like the basket of goodies................... I will report back !
    woo hoo for the celebratory drinkie! Ah hell ANY reason for a drinkie! lol

Comment

• you know me Doc .................... any excuse at all !!!!!!!!!! and it is 5.13pm !!!!!!! so elevensies is way past...............
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

you know me Doc .................... any excuse at all !!!!!!!!!! and it is 5.13pm !!!!!!! so elevensies is way past...............
        But it's after 5!

Comment

• i usually get searched too and things like my boots set one scanner off at one airport but not the one at the next airport which never makes sense to me. i dont usually have knitting needles LOL but harakeke knives are after all knives and they are usually sharp and serrated. not to mention the shredder and the shearing comb to mark out the whenu. all made of metal and potentially leathal.

i lost the plot last week as the kankle was starting to peeve me big time so i bashed the credit card and got some 4kg clubbells. they arrived today. i have been watching you-tubes of clubbell tutorials. i actual found one where he talks about what you are doing shoulder casting, what muscles you engage etc so as to do an iron cross.
          Clubbell Training Tutorial | Iron Cross 1 (Shoulder Cast) - YouTube is the first one. previously i was just mimicking the german head MMA coach somewhere using my 6kg clubbells. i can do it with 6kg ones but not very many reps and i get the impression there is alot more to this than grunt so i am enjoying the 4kgs as they are doable. but just a tiny bit hard. i am still very annoyed i cant run and yes i have tried, but this should distract me for another 5 mins.

Comment

• But it's after 5!
            we go out to lunch and get captured by aliens around here so any excuse will do!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
              we go out to lunch and get captured by aliens around here so any excuse will do!!!!
              They do experiments on you???? Doesn't the blood alcohol skew their test results? Enquiring minds want to know!

Comment

• the beauty of the aliens is you remember nothing except a few bright lights LOL

Comment

• the old alien story eh ????????
                  yep last night I got abducted by aliens........... they made me drink red wine.................... until the bottle was empty................. then they said "go to bed you piss head"..................which I did.................and then when I awoke this morning......................... they were gone.......................they were "but a fuzzy memory" !!!!!!!
                  .....................that actually sounds like a plausible story ???????

...small steps....

Comment

• except they never are rude enough to say "go to bed you piss head". you get the clear thought it is a good idea and smile and wave as they leave LOL i didnt have as much fun last night. work and more work as it was the end of the pay week. that will learn me for cavorting around the hills with bambi! on that subject, i reckon the smoked fish pie i was given there had wheat flour in as i feel exhausted and really really drained. this always happens. i think a smidgen wont effect me and it appears not to till about 2 or 3 or 4 days later i wonder why i feel so lacklustre and like i am crawling thru treacle. the only reason i ate it is i was truly going to make one that night myself and had all the stuff in the fridge so i thought yay! synchronicity! plus i was hungry as.

Comment

the old alien story eh ????????
                      yep last night I got abducted by aliens........... they made me drink red wine.................... until the bottle was empty................. then they said "go to bed you piss head"..................which I did.................and then when I awoke this morning......................... they were gone.......................they were "but a fuzzy memory" !!!!!!!
                      .....................that actually sounds like a plausible story ???????
                      Except you left out the 40 foot anal probe. It's really not a true alien story without the probe. LOL
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        Except you left out the 40 foot anal probe. It's really not a true alien story without the probe. LOL
                        I am so pleased that it was " but a fuzzy memory" !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Except you left out the 40 foot anal probe. It's really not a true alien story without the probe. LOL
                          now i dont very often make sexist statements, but i would have expected that one from a man J!!! or it potentially shows how naieve i am. it never occured to me the aliens would do THAT!

back to clean stuff LOL i made the block as usual but i could walk properly on most of the angles. it still feels like someone is sticking a knitting needle into the joint of my ankle but i can move it properly. i can walk without limping but i still cant run, i tried and nearly collapsed in a heap so i wisely gave that one up. and when i get home, my body by you book is in the letter box. there is alot of cheer leading at the front so i will need to read all that. the progressions and pics look good and the section on nutrition isnt too gross. they say to aim for an even split of P:C:F which i think the PHD man does too. the sample meal plan is standard body builder stuff. protein shakes, banana, berries, chicken breast, salmon, egg whites. flax seed oil ( euww!!), oatmeal, rice, peanut butter and veges.

How is CC coming on G?

Comment

• Morning ladies.

So how many weeks has it been with this ankle Seas? Time to see a Dr maybe? I know you have your *issues* with the medical establishment, but perhaps some investigations might help determining what damage has been done? You could also go direct to a physio and get ACC (so it'll cost you almost nothing) and they can do referrals if needed and at least they'll take a non-medication approach. Think about it will you? I like to worry!

Sometimes I get so annoyed with the online community. I've just been accused in the 'Grocery store revelation' thread of being judgemental after commenting that full fat soy milk will not taste any better than low fat. Yes I appreciate that some people can't eat dairy, but for the love of god, that does not mean they have to drink that soy crap! Righto, rant over, as you were....

Good news today is that we have finally found a suitable home for our pussies. DS's bestie lives on a little farmlet just out of town and his parents are mad keen animal types, the grandparents live just next door so they've said they hope our older girl (10 years old and a grumpy snob) can hang out at their more peaceful home if she wants. Perfect! Such a relief, and it means that we'll keep in contact with the family so DS can maintain his friendship. I've already decided that I'm going to make DH take the cats out there when the day arrives and I'll just stay at home with a bottle of something comforting and cry. I feel quite teary even thinking about it but at least I know its the best decision for us all.

Comment

• Gwamma - what did you end up putting in those gift baskets? and did they like them?

Comment

• i fail to see the point of going to see the medical establishment now as it is almost better! it progresses and the reason i think it is doing the stabbing thing is coz the swelling has pretty much almost gone down. you would never know if you didnt have the other ankle to compare it to. my ability to walk on differing surface angles has improved even since the weekend. and i know coz i was up in the hills! i would hate to have to leave any of the animals behind. if they have a good home to go to, that makes it ok but i would still be very sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X