No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I wear every day: yoga tights, yoga tank, dress over that OR a skirt/cardi combo.

I wear my vibrams with these! The black are best because they look more like a black flat, but I'm wearing my grey&blue ones today because I wore a hole into the bottom of my black and haven't been able to get another pair (they are out in my size online). So, i'm wearing my grey&blue ones. Or, I could wear my pink&orange ones.

I'mt rying to find a tennis dress to use as a swimsuit. I realized that I am just modest, I hate the way one-piece suits look, and I prefer to wear dresses. A lot of tennis dresses are really nice, and it's modest and it looks good. So, I'll probably go with that.

Comment

• A lot of tennis dresses are really nice, and it's modest and it looks good
      i have seen some really nice tennis dresses on trademe. i have owned in the past some really nice little surf label dresses of similar cut bt maybe not as fitted. again check out trademe. i have an ed hardy bikini. i dont like one pieces either. doubt i could manage the dress to swim in. i'd rather wear a pair of cut offs and a singlet. they stay put when you jump or go down the hydroslide. i usually wear jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt. i tend to stick with work boots or i have a pair of soul shoes leather jandals both of which are easy to get off if i go somewhere like the beach. i wear my assault boots when i am out on missions and my vibrams i will wear with my boardies if i am at the gym. or on my feet if i go whitebaiting or diving. so with a wetsuit or cut off shorts.

Comment

• Zoe, I am alot bigger than you - by the sounds of things, so I do not wear togs much....but....I have started to wear a wee short tie lavalava over my togs. This may have the same effect as a tennis dress ? I am so looking forward to feeling comfotable in togs again.... but still a ways to go !
        have the best day girls, and If I am in CHCH today I might just buy me a fish skeleton !!!!! LOL
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I might just buy me a fish skeleton
          i saw the coolest tattoo in a book years ago which was this chick who had a fish skeleton horizontally from her back, around her ribs under one of her boobs. i have always wanted one like that but i have a dead tribal shark around my ankle bone instead for protection lol fish roe are incredibly yummy if you can get it. not to mention blue cod livers. i am so gonna see if i can put in a special order for fish livers when i am in town.

Comment

• truthfully, i look fine in a bikini; I just don't like wearing them. I look fine in one-pieces; I don't like wearing them either.

i have looked on trademe and most things are larger than my size on there. it's kinda weird. i'll probably order from the US and have it sent with my black vibrams.

Comment

• something like this is nice
              Nike gorgous black/white dress sz 10 | Trade Me
              i so dont know what a "true" size 10 is tho as it wildly varies which is an issue buying clothing second hand. anyways i would wear that while i was out walking. there is another nice adidas one which is grey and white but it is a size 12 so it is too big.

Comment

• Hey Kiwis! It's nice to see this thread. My wife and I have a dream of one day moving to your beautiful country from the U.S.! She's going to be thrilled to see this! We promise to be good and to do our best not to bring the loud, troublesome, temperaments that Americans seem to be known for!

Comment

• Part of the problem that I have is translating NZ sizing to US sizing, and I also don't know how that particular dress is sized. Is that the US size 10 (if so, too big). Is it the NZ size 10 (if so, it might fit).

Hey Mike -- I immigrated from the US, so if you have questions about it, let me know.

The three primary ways adults who do not have kiwi partners immigrate is: 1. you are insanely wealthy and want to invest here; 2. you start and/or revitalize an existing business; or 3. your job is in high demand, and you have an employer who wants to sponsor you.

We did 2.

Comment

• nz 10 but the "true" size 10 is the issue as the sizes all have subtly changed somehow. someone could refer to themselves as a 10 and be what i call a 12 and visa versa. my guess here is it is what i call a proper 10 so smaller instead of heading to a size 12 if that makes sense lol

Comment

• These are the vibrams I have just bought for work: Amazon.com: Merrell Women's Wonder Glove Barefoot Shoes: Shoes

I've had a few comments but they look quite normal so most people don't really notice that they are a little different. I managed to hurt my big toe a few days before I got them and I've finally given in and made an appointment to see the podiatrist tomorrow - I'm too scared to wear them to the appointment though. Podiatrists are so snarky about footwear!

Comment

• I would wear them, if they are your most comfortable shoes.

I talked to DH about getting two more pair of vibrams -- one black for "formal" wear, and then one pair for training for the tough guy/gal and the tough mudder.

Comment

• okey dokey - day 2...... no cream.... no wine.......
                          lets see what tomorrow brings !!!!!!
                          good night

...small steps....

Comment

• i could wear those sort of barefoot shoes. it is prob coz i have memories of those multi coloured toed socks when i was a kid that i have issues with the visibility of vibrams or they plain arent multicolured enough to cut it lol
                            interesting day 2 yesterday. i went out on a bambi shoot so i ended up having to have instant coffee. i could have insisted on hotwater or pulled a lovely green tea bag out of my pocket but i didnt want to make any waves so i took what i was given. i also got to shoot a fallow deer all on my own AND I got to take it home AND I got to keep the organs once it was gutted. i am making deer liver today. i will prob eat half and pate the other half as it is not often you get one. i may give in and give the dog the heart as he is beside himself patrolling the kitchen right now. he's a deer hound and it is hanging up outside. in terms of food i did fine for the rest of the day. just smoked fish and nuts and water and coffee. i was too excited to care that much about not getting dinner either lol

Comment

• Seaweed wow...... Two of our three daughters are fantastic shots also, and love to hunt.... but yours takes the cake, as it were. I absolutely love wild venision, but I don't do the shooting, killing thing myself. I can't see something go from live to dead - for some reason. I can follow a line of cattle at the works, but have to omit THAT part.
                              I don't know maybe I am just a wooss ??
                              But lets not detract from an amazing achievement - well well done, and enjoy the spoils !

I am lacking something in my diet. I am so unhappy, grumpy, have sores on my face - (eew yuk-almost like impetargo!), I have no motivation, no energy, feel tired all the time - so am off to get some potassium, zinc and magnesium today. I might even get a multi vit instead ???? I am already taking Vit D, lipoic acid, omega 3, and I have a couple of brazil nuts every other day.
                              But I shouldn't be feeling like this right ???!!!
                              thoughts ?

...small steps....

Comment

• re: the woosy bits. remember i was a vegan/vegetarian for 23 yrs. if you are gonna eat it, you have to kill it. i do admit that i would find it very hard to raise a domestic animal and kill it myself so i would prob get the home kill man or someone i know in that situation. my logic brain does know it is much easier on the animal to be tame and snuck up on with a gun than sent to the works. but if i had raised it, i may be precious if i had to shoot it. unless i had no choice. the kids did have a pony i had to get shot in the end as he was so old and sick. i learnt alot from that as i had to call it. and i also held him while they shot him. once you have done that for a horse you love, everything else is easy.

I am lacking something in my diet. I am so unhappy, grumpy, have sores on my face - (eew yuk-almost like impetargo!), I have no motivation, no energy, feel tired all the time - so am off to get some potassium, zinc and magnesium today. I might even get a multi vit instead ???? I am already taking Vit D, lipoic acid, omega 3, and I have a couple of brazil nuts every other day.
                                But I shouldn't be feeling like this right ???!!!
                                thoughts ?
                                i have this sometimes but i dont get the sores. i did years ago when i was a bit of a party girl but i was a vegetarian and i was doing a fair bit of hanging out with jim and jack lol i do have an absolute aversion to taking pills so i have alot of issues remebering to take vitamin pills. i do still maintain we need our nutrients from living food. that said, i can go for days of living on just coffee and meat and eggs. minerals and vitamins all have a synergystic effect with each other so it may pay to just get a decent high end multi vit and mineral pill instead. other ideas : stress is the one which tips the balance for me. so i exercise to negate the stress. i could do all the more new agey stress relief stuff but i am way too wired to do that. i prefer to get out for a walk down the beach to destress. the other one is gut health. if your gut is toasted, you will not be absorbing all those nice expensive vitamins either. or some unidentified food allergy eg dairy. i will support you in denial of that one tho or liver issues?

Comment

Working...
                                X