No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its really just the stand to hold the grill so it doesn't collapse into the fire, and of course the stand would have to be a strong metal so as not to bend ????????????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• you could prob get something made but you would need to think about how it will transport. that is the shape as well as the weight. what height you want it and so on. ETA: half asleep here. what shape is the grill? dimensions and weight?

Comment

• 18 inches x 8.5 inches

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psd8c426d6.jpg

so its not huge - but it works fine for the five boatloads of families that usually go on these trips

...small steps....

Comment

• my only thought is to get the legs hinged at the top so that they would fold flat for transport (square frame the grill sits in/on with four legs). But I am not at all handy, so others will have better thoughts.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• that is pretty trick! I would stick with rocks myself. you must get awesome grill lines on the meat.

Comment

• Its the best damned little grill ever !!!!!!

I was thinking a rectangle top, made out of four pieces of iron, with four small legs welded to the rectangle. We have a wee bulkhead/storage space at the front of the jetboat, that would fit a little stand.
              I think folded legs would be magic - but doub't that hinges would cope in the heat ?///

OMGoodness - Gwamma has just had a wee problem solving moment !!!!!!! If I stole two long standards from DHs pile, and bent them both like a staple............. I could hammer them seperately into the ground and lay the grill across the top !!!!!!!
              *light bulb moment *
              One of the boats always carries a sledgehammer, so thats covered............. thank you all for giving me my little inspirational moment !

...small steps....

Comment

• Genius
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Cabela's: Camp Chef Over-The-Fire Cooking Grills

Comment

• Cabela's: Cabela's Outfitter Barbecue Grill

Comment

• I love outdoor cooking.... so primal! YUM! lol

Comment

• yum! you need to marathon run down here with your grill! i usually just either cart the cast iron fry pan if i am doing steak or i make a pocket out of bull kelp. stuff the kai moana in there and throw it on the embers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          I love outdoor cooking.... so primal! YUM! lol
                          Don't we all Doc - you might need to bring Mrs Sub over here for an outdoor primal party !!!!!!! We will show you how to really party !!!!!!!

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                          Genius
                          .............I wish...................

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            Don't we all Doc - you might need to bring Mrs Sub over here for an outdoor primal party !!!!!!! We will show you how to really party !!!!!!!

.............I wish...................
                            I honestly would love to take a trip down under...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              I honestly would love to take a trip down under...
                              just dddddooooooo eeeetttt Doc !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• I honestly would love to take a trip down under...
                                the main problem is you probably wont want to go home. we are currently still being overrun by tourists. i had a gaggle in a campvan trying to stop and rescue me when i was limping around the block yesterday. once they had gallantly offered to drive me home LOL they started waving maps at me asking in broken english where the penguins were. me and the kids are off to a public meeting tonight. they want to open the section of the coast from the cape to smail's beach for inshore harvesting by commercial paua divers around about october 1st. which means it will all be gone by xmas. i dont know if we really can say anything that will stop them doing it but i am going to go see.

Comment

Working...
                                X