No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bourbon or whisky all the way here. other than a liquer of some kind in coffee. usually sambucha, drambuie or something like that. i can do stolen rum, which is a brand of rum, not me doing a bit of a runner from the bottle shop with plunder. it is a golden rum not a dark or white rum so i think there is apparently a difference. mexican stand off in my house atm. i run into one of my mates on the road whilst i was going over the hill to get my washing out of the washing machine in the place with water. he gave me the little dog to look after for "10 mins". a good hour ago LOL it comes in my house and my cat nails it. so i have the cat in the living room locked up with me and the dog locked in the kitchen so as he has a dog to come fetch. it is one of those dogs like your neighbour's G. it isnt too yappy at all. except when it is chasing any cat other than mine LOL

Comment

• We love golden rum here too Seas, when we lived in the UK we could buy Morgans Spiced rum and it has a lovely flavour. Still have a bottle of it lurking in our cabinet too. I'm not a huge fan of gin, but I do love the odd G&T so keep a bottle handy for such occasions.

Still no word from DH. I'm trying not to hassle him with too many texts but the suspense is killing me. Might go have some lunch to kill a bit of time. Its a very boring day at work which is not helping.

Comment

• Go shopping LL!! always good stress relief. Or turn your phone off and come to the pub with me!!! you could prob make a spiced rum? i still have some aquavit i made from vodka and herbs and spices. and i have made cointreau from bourbon by just sticking orange rind and honey in bourbon and leaving it for a while. am getting a bit ansty here. i was gonna go ride the hog and the little dog is somewhat cramping my style. i could just bung it in the kennel and go. which i poss will do if the owner hasnt appeared by 1:30. i def cant leave it on its own in the house or it will be toasted. the cat has a huge headless bunny, which is almost larger than her, under my computer table so she is not in the mood to take any crap at all. she growled this morning and headed menacingly towards the door when one of the neighbours dropped by with her dog. siamese blood i tell you. they are so freaking aggro with anything else furry but absolute sweethearts with people.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          siamese blood i tell you. they are so freaking aggro with anything else furry but absolute sweethearts with people.
          My older tonk girl hates the kids but not in a ferral way just in a terrified run away non trusting way - yet she's also strangly curious and will be around the kids at all times watching them from behind the sofa or just out of reach.

I'd love to go shopping. Think I've had my fill this week already though as I hit the Briscoes sale yesturday. I needed to replace tea towels and bath towels before we go away. No point taking nasty old things. The pub idea sounds good and I would def switch of both cells (such is my life ATM that I have to carry around two of the dratted things).

Still no reply from DH. I just checked stuff but theres been no reports of any planes ditching in the cook straight today!

Comment

• I just checked stuff but theres been no reports of any planes ditching in the cook straight today!
            LOL you prob do need to go to the pub for a drink if your mind is working like that! you could go shop for something you cant take home like a facial or a massage. always nice. or just go to the gym. even better! i am considering a hobble up the road to test the ankle instead of a blat on the hog. but we shall see. i still have some work to do. dog has just gone home. and did she look relieved to get away from the cat LOL

Comment

• Make sure you give that ankle a bit of a rest Seas! As a medical professional I strongly advise (no prescribe) an evening of elevating your feet whilst sipping cold beverages while the children cater to your every need...........fat chance?

Comment

• so I pop out to do some lawns, and there is all this talk of cabbages, planes going down, drink driving - crickey Gwamma needs to get in on the act !!!!!!!!!

LL I am sure everything will be fine - and you know my answer to anything stressful or celebratarious !!!!!!!!
                ........Yep a wee tumble on the work bench !!!!!!! LOL just doooo eeeeettttttttt
                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  ........Yep a wee tumble on the work bench !!!!!!! LOL just doooo eeeeettttttttt
                  Good lord, you do remember that I work in a Retirement Village don't you? *shudder*

Comment

• yes freaking fat chance. last time i even asked for something dd3 told me she wasnt my slave. and it was something like bring your plate off the table, not something outrageous like rub my feet and bring me a bottle of whisky out the pantry so i can get smashed and neglect you!!!! i made the 1 mile run course but obviously i walked it. it was ok so long as i kept my dodgy ankle in the camber of the road so it was rolling outwards a tinsy bit. i feel alot better already. no one stopped to rescue me which they were all doing yesterday when i walked up the hill to see the neighbour LOL so that is a good sign.

afternoon drinks G!! then you dont have to drive anywhere. you dont have to worry about cabbages as you will not need them and you will not notice any planes unless they happen to land on you. awesome day out here. i am considering my next move. if i can be bothered to put my jeans on, i will go for a blat on the hog. otherwise i will be responsible and work to earn my keep.

Comment

• rub my feet and bring me a bottle of whisky out the pantry so i can get smashed and neglect you!!!!
                      LOL! Have you all seen a TV show called Shameless? There's a British version and an American version. That sentence reminded me of it. Drunken father, no mom, six children all into various hustles to keep the lights on, food in the house, etc. Should be a tragedy, but it's hysterically funny. One of my favorite American episodes was when Dad loses his disability benefits, gets a job, then shoots himself in the hand on purpose with a nail gun so he can go back on disability.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• good morning all - I think that Gwamma has made a break through.....................
                        RECAP
                        * Gwamma decided that she needed to ditch the coffee to see if it was causing dull aching in the body
                        * Gwamma also had a couple of wine free nights
                        * aching continued but got progressively better
                        * Last night Gwamma was ache free, even thou she consumed a whole bottle !!!!!!!!!!!!

so conclusion of this scientifically controlled study ???????
                        the list of foods and drink that Gwamma CANNOT consume is growing by the day - Gwamma will be thin in no time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Good morning, G. I'm glad you had an ache-free night. But you will now have to make yourself a long list of new treats or you will fade away to nothing - not to mention living a very boring existence.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Hi Annie - how are you my girl ???
                            I would love to fade away - but alas its just a dream............

...small steps....

Comment

• i aint about to fade away any time soon either. i think it takes quite a while, as in a few weeks, to get things out of your system that are causing issues. i know if the kids get glutened by accident, it takes about 2 weeks for them to come right ( around about time for another trip to their dads to get glutened again! ). normally too the symptoms peak at about a week to 10 days after they eat something.

misty still morning here. we had a fantail in the house at breakfast. i try not to be supersticious about it. it was very interesting. it sat on top of all the high up cupboards and chatted. then flew around hovering and ate a few insects off the ceiling. then flew off out the back door. the cat from hell, sat on the floor and clicked her jaw at it and looked very angry LOL

Comment

• I love fantails and I too do not get superstitious about them in my house. I think that we can read just about anything into anything if we really want.
                                read your horoscope and by golly IT WILL HAPPEN - because they are so ambiguous
                                Actually it amazes me how DH - no matter what he wants (not that he ever actually asks) can make an argument sound plausible for ANYTHING !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X