No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not in the wardrobe tonight DOC !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      Not in the wardrobe tonight DOC !!!!!!
      no, I don't pee in furniture.... or in my pants....

Comment

• dear ....oh...... dear.............
        good morning all - am I welcome back in the cave this fine fettle of a morning ?????
        actually its still dark outside - so not sure what the day is doing out there ?????

...small steps....

Comment

• Good morning, everyone! Gwamma, you were on last night! LOL

Yesterday, I baked my first ever baked good without wheat flour. I've used non-wheat for coatings and thickeners, but I hadn't tried my hand at baked goods. I made the Brazilian Cheese bread here: Quick Brazilian Cheese Rolls {Pao de Queijo} | Our Best Bites. Of course I didn't use canola oil - I used avocado oil. Also, I didn't have cheddar in the house, but I always have Romano or Parmesan, so I substituted. I also added garlic powder and black pepper.

I also don't have a mini muffin tin, but I do have a regular sized cast iron one. So, I undercooked them just a wee bit because I didn't know how long they'd keep cooking in the cast iron after they'd been removed from the oven. Anyway, I loved them. Not as crisp as some folks might like, but really soft and tasty. Chewier than a yeast risen bread because they get their lift from the egg.

So my new experiment tonight is going to be to do the same recipe, except I'm going to bake it up in a cast iron pan and then cut it into wedges so I can put a burger on it. If that works out, I'll buy some English Muffin rings for next time.

Anyway, I'm kinda of doing a self-directed 21 day 100% Primal thing. Which isn't really a big change from how I already eat except for the alcohol and the once a week 3 oz. serving of pasta. But I've heard it takes 21 days of pure detox to begin to break a habit or start a habit. So I'm giving it a shot.

Not much else happening because life is sort of boring when I try to get my shit together after too much partying and slothing about and such. I really must find the happy medium between Party Sloth and Boring Nun.

Hope everyone is having an excellent day!
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• really must find the happy medium between Party Sloth and Boring Nun
            the trick is to be able to chameleon it when it suits you. i do more of the vestal virgin than the boring nun LOL never was into nuns unless they were digging graves!

big day today. am off to duck dive in shark territory to look for the spikey sea hedgehogs. and maybe, just maybe, a crayfish or two. not sure if i am camping on the beach either so it will be an adventure. have a good day everyone!

Comment

• sorry Joanie - I hope I am still on your christmas card list !!!!!!!

fabulous day here - off to the movies..... I will report later
              G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Sea, people didn't even believe I was a virgin when I really was one! LOL

Gwamma, you're so much fun, sober or ... ummm.... not.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Oh Joanie - you are a wee honey, however I think that a liver cleanse might be appropriate..............

...small steps....

Comment

• back home. not a thing to be seen under the sea which was wild. a much different spot and miles from where i usually go. still it was fun. great hardship i had to go to the seafood restruant for lunch LOL i can tell you how to do a liver cleanse G. so not fun.

Sea, people didn't even believe I was a virgin when I really was one! LOL
                    it is strange how people make up their minds about things. the logic they use. and more to the point, is it their business anyways!

Comment

• Good morning, everyone!

Not sure what's up with me, but I'm up all night and then I wake up at about 9am which is way late for me. But I don't feel tired, even though I'm only getting about five hours sleep. I'm sure it will right itself.

I never made the second batch of cheese bread because the SPAM fairy kept whispering in my ear, leading me to yonder corner store for SPAM. Had it with eggs, cheese, and jalapenos. Yum squared.

In today's primal news, I finally added coconut oil to my kitchen. I tried it maybe five years ago, and didn't like it, but the batch I purchased from Vitacost is very nice, with a very mild flavor that doesn't wreck the original taste of my food. I'm using it sparingly right now because my body is nicely reactive to changes in amounts and types of fats. Let's just say I'd never be the one posting, "Five days into primal and I'm constipated!" LOL

It's about 21 deg C outside and just before noon. Looking to be a beautiful day except for all that sun. haha.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• hi Guys - well Gwamma has been VERY NAUGHTY ........................... and when Gwumpy Gwnadad finds out - the SH-T is gonna hit the big time fan....................
                        you see I went to town yesterday to have lunch and see a movie with a wee friend. She was a really gorgeous friend who needed a wee bit of TLC.
                        So we did a wee bit of shopping as well - and DRAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gwamma bought some luggage to bring with her to America
                        Heres the link..............Travel - Strandbags | Shop Online, Handbags, Womens Wallets,Mens Wallets,Travel Luggage, Backpacks and Satchels page 4 spotty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get the whole set but near enought.................... and I will still be in the dog box when I am found out.

...small steps....

Comment

• How are you smuggling in the toilet?

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            How are you smuggling in the toilet?
                            I am thinking about wearing it like a hat, or some sort of accessory.............. thougths please ?????????????

...small steps....

Comment

• You could put wheels on it and disguise it as a wheelchair. Of course your husband would have to wheel you through the airports sitting on it. haha

Back to the drawing board....

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I'm always amazed at how much luggage people take with them. DH and I go away for 25 days with a book-bag each. When DS was little, we would use one carry-on between the three of us -- if we wren't doing a lot of walking between venues (like in europe -- plane, train, bus, walk to overnight place but can't check in until 4, must check out by 9, etc). Now that we have DS it's usually plane, bus, walk, secure apartment (studio, generally), and then go out and have fun, so we can leave the suitcase all the time.

I think that DS and I could fit our stuff in the "toiletries" bag.

My ILs had a massive suitcase each plus a very large carry on, and I was surprised that they had multiples of the same sneakers with them. It was SO WEIRD. it's like -- you brought 6 pairs of shoes for 22 days? And they are the same shoes basically? Why?

Bizarre.

But, you do have to carry a big gift-blanket, so. . . you'll need at least one big suitcase.

Comment

Working...
                                X