No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah we've not had a big year for wasps either, they were really bad 2011 in the sounds, but this year we were up in the BOI and they were around but not so bad. DS has had a bad run with bee stings though, I think he's up to three in the last month. The last one was on Monday at school so we can't be certain if it was a bee or something else but his foot is really sore still today. I initially tried some homeopathic spray on it but it got quite sore and itchy so we started using antihistamine cream yesturday and even gave him some phenergan last night. I think he might be in for a trip to the Dr if the swelling doesn't improve soon - it's not getting worse just no better.

Comment

• morning girls
      Ll sit tight, and pump that water. Hopefully you will be able to flush that little sucker out of your system........... I mean the bugs if I wasn't clear on that one LOL
      Seas - well done on your dashing, butchery, dog walking, sheep chasing, hopefully wet day....... didn't Joanie do rain dance for you ??????? the rain should be falling very soon.................
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
        actually LL you and me both !!!!!!!
        we will compare notes on the morrow !
        x
        Oh no, did we all catch it off the internet? I've not been so sick for years. Much better today and hope you both are too.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Everything is going *freaking grand* here!

Went to Nelson over the weekend and had a great time. Boys stayed home and even though DS had the little flu (headache, fever, vomiting), they still had a great time.

In Nelson, I got to hang with a dear friend (who now lives in the US and was visiting Nelson), as well as teach a workshop that went *extremely well*.

They asked me to come back and 1. teach general classes; 2. lead a full-on, year-long teacher training (well, it's 10 months); and 3. lead speciality workshops open to the public (ie, pelvic floor, shoulder, etc). I'm really excited that they want me to do this!

So, I'm going back in May to do 1 and 3, and set up for 2.

I'll be running a training for my friend in Melbourne next year (2014), and between that teacher training and the one in Nelson, we'll be able to pay off our debt (small credit card bill due to immigration. . . grrr!), put money into our savings/retirement, and. . . . *go and visit family and friends in the US!*

And that would be subsidized by. . . teaching in the US!

So, we are looking at going to the US for a working holiday for October 2014. We plan on going to San Fran, Truckee/Tahoe, Philadelphia/NYC, Austin TX, San Diego/LA to fly home.

We plan on letting DS have a week at an explorer's school in Truckee/Tahoe (it's based on outward bound; a charter school for kids, and my friend's kids go there, and she said she can make arrangements for DS to visit while I teach!); time with his grandparents/family in Philly, film festival and other fun stuff in/around Austin, and then Disneyland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo and an American Halloween with friends/family in SD.

*so excited* for us. Good business, etc! Yay!

Comment

• Zoe, that's great news. Won't the commute to Nelson be a littl ebit of a grind?
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Great newz Zoe - well done

...small steps....

Comment

• i think i am accidentally doing the 6000 cals a day thing LOL stuffed after more wild pork ribs for dinner. wild pork ribs and apple sauce and some steamed cabbage. i found some dubious wild pork ribs in the freezer when i went to put the ones i know where they come from in there. i much prefer shotten pig to dogged pig. so i chucked them on the compost pile. i have had a pair of juvenille hawks gliding around and picking at them all day which is way cool to see out the kitchen window.

met service reckons it has rained all of 1.8mm. i was trying to do the maths to work out how much water went into my tank but got depressed and gave up LOL i am sure it rained more as it was very wet out there.

Comment

• Seas my girl - how are you doing ????? I like the words shotten pig. I haven't ever heard it quite called that before.
                  water.................... I cannot understand why we can't just invent something that turns salt water into fresh !!!!!!!
                  It would solve alot of world wide problems.
                  Yesterday I put a room on Trade me to rent - holy cripes.............. how do you choose someone to go into the outside room ?????? The replys are growing by the hour !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma I think that's how they make water for Dubai, but it's slow and labour intensive.

Zoe - that is good news. Wow you are a planner.....I'm much more spur of the moment, but I can see planning in advance does have its advantages.

I spent the day parked up in my bedroom sorting through my crafting gear. I figured I might as well make myself useful if I was going to take a sicky, and once I'd fetched the boxes out of the spare room closet I barely moved off my bed so I achieved both rest and purpose. Managed to empty almost three boxes, and I'll have more space just as soon as I get myself some needle cases (have ordered two online) and a clear file for my big stack of messy knitting patterns. Another satisfying day, and I'm feeling a little better tonight.

Off to Wanganui first thing in the morning to run an open home at a retirement village, fun times! I've got myself a spa in the motel tomorrow night too so I have big plans for a nice long soak - bliss.

Comment

• my middle dd always refers to things as "shotten" LOL and i do prefer something that has been shot from a distance whilst not paying attention to something which has been grabbed by a pack of pig dogs and held till someone can get there to stick it. just from an animal rights pov. still way way better than a factory farmed pig.

i think that is how they make water in dubai and saudi too. a long soak in some hot water right now would be bliss for sure. my only real hope is to put the wetsuit on and go jump in the sea and use my very vivid imagination!

i would get references G! how hard are they to kick out if you dont like them?

Comment

• One of the advantages of pre-planning the trip is that I can organize the teaching schedule and balance it against the holiday schedule so that it's not a grind. Likewise, I need to train people to hold the fort here in Wellington while we are away, though I can manage a lot of things online.

In terms of Nelson, a 25 minute flight there and back every-other month is really no big deal. I wouldn't do the ferry if they paid me (I don't do well on boats). Melbourne will be the tougher one -- 5 hrs there and back.

For Nelson, I can teach from 11-2, pick up DS from kindy at 2:30, swing by the air port at 3:30, and fly by 4, arriving in nelson at 4:30, then teach there starting at 6:00 on Friday. Do the weekend, then fly back to Wellington Sunday evening (probably around 8 pm, arriving home around 8:45 getting all the way from the airport to our house. And then teach on Monday no problems. I'd only need a sub for the Saturday morning classes.

For Melbourne, I'd have to fly late Thursday or Friday morning, work the weekend and fly back monday -- getting subs for FRi, Sat, and Mon. It's much more of a slog. Still, it's do-able, and aussie dollars. Melbourne will alternate months with Nelson, and then I'm tapped.

But, hopefully by the time I'm doing both, I'm not working as many classes during the week as I currently do.

Comment

• Zoe, great to hear everything going so well for you. Exciting plans.
                          Lizzie, it sounds like you are making good progress too. How long till you leave?

Seaweed, you must have a real surplus if you are tossing pork to the hawks.

Everyone who was sick, I hope you're feeling a lot better. I certainly am, and I desperately needed to. It was dreadful.
                          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Woah girl and I thought I was busy?! Not much room for error either, like if you get sick or the weather is bad and you get stuck somewhere. Actually the weather thing drives me nuts, guaranteed every time I go to fly somewhere or someone is flying to me we get a thick sea fog, or there was the Christmas party I missed most of due to the tornado in Auckland. That is the kind of stuff that can ruin a full timetable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                              Lizzie, it sounds like you are making good progress too. How long till you leave?
                              Still waiting to find out and it's like Chinese water torture! We only got the last of the paperwork off at the end of last week so it could be another few weeks before we get a firm date. At this point we are anticipating end of May as the start date but really how long is a piece of string? Ya know?

I'm really trying to organise what I can now, but I'm going it alone at this point (DH is in denial or something) and every time I make a decluttering victory it just feels like a tiny drop in the ocean.

Glad you're feeling better.

Comment

• Thanks. Yeah, decluttering is hard, especially without an exact deadline. But you'll be glad you did it because suddenly you will know your time frame and it will probably be short. All the best with it.
                                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Working...
                                X